To Kill a Mockingbird (youtube)

Under the law, it is treaing people equally but in everyday life it's treating people fairly.

Treating everyone equally under law and treating everyone fairly in everyday life is the right thing to do.
Are you saying treating everyone equally is not being fair?

What sort of lib logic is that?

Are you saying treating everyone equally is not being fair?

What sort of lib logic is that?
No, there is a slight but important difference in the two forms of treatment.

Equality under the law means all people must be treated equally in a court of law.
Fairness in everyday life is must more generally term which means treatment in a way that is right or reasonable. In the first case treatment is bound by law. In second case, treatment is bound by what a a person considers right and reasonable.

No, there is a slight but important difference in the two forms of treatment.

Equality under the law means all people must be treated equally in a court of law.
Fairness in everyday life is must more generally term which means treatment in a way that is right or reasonable. In the first case treatment is bound by law. In second case, treatment is bound by what a a person considers right and reasonable.
What are you driving at here?

You think black people were historically mistreated and now its whites turn to ride in the back of the bus

Correct?

What you want is a green light to discriminate against people you dislike

What are you driving at here?

You think black people were historically mistreated and now its whites turn to ride in the back of the bus

Correct?

What you want is a green light to discriminate against people you dislike
I was commenting on the terms equal treatment versus fair treatment. I was not trying to make a statement about race.

The answer to your question is no, I don't think it's white people's turn to ride in the back of the bus. I think people should be able to sit wherever they want to sit on the bus as long it is not in my lap.

I don't favor use of affirmative action or any other program based on race. There may have been a time that it was useful but not today. 82% of state colleges and universities no longer use race as a determining factor in admission. It has been banned in my state which is mostly democrat and 8 other states.

Forum List

Back