Time to re-think public restrooms and showers

Boy o boy, So how are you going to identify homosexuals? Tattoo a pink triangle?

Not my problem. Equality is a bitch.

A lesbian is just as attracted to a female as a hetro male. I want neither in a restroom with my 14 year old daughter.

Why is it that homophobes think homosexuals find them irresistible and can't control their urges?

You're not that special

Is that it?

That's your entire point?

Joe Preston Virginia politician supports separate bathrooms for gays.

If the core justification for bathroom segregation is to let both genders to void among people who could not be sexually attracted to them, then Preston’s proposal is perfectly logical. Gay men are attracted to other men; lesbians are attracted to other women. A lesbian using a women’s bathroom presumably presents the same threat that a man using a women’s bathroom does. If we, as a society, are really committed to maintaining bathroom segregation, we might as well take it to its logical conclusion. The current rules were invented long before homosexuality was openly acknowledged. Any honest update should either put gays in their own separate bathroom—or abolish this ridiculous segregation altogether.

Although I disagree with abolishing the segregation, the article makes a lot of sense. It neglects to bring in the need for segregated showers, but that's almost a slam dunk if you agree with the writer
Unisex is what is coming.

Get used to it.

I don't think so, even gay activists want them seperate.

Feminist Gay Activist Pushing to Keep Bathrooms Gender-Segregated National Review Online

Although I disagree with abolishing the segregation, the article makes a lot of sense. It neglects to bring in the need for segregated showers, but that's almost a slam dunk if you agree with the writer

Have you ever belonged to a gym? I assure you, you have showered in front of gay men before. :rolleyes:

That was then, this is now.

We are in a brand new Age of Enlightenment and tolerance.

The privacy of heterosexuals is as important as any.

OMG!!!

You mean when I was in school I might have showered with a Gay kid?

You mean when I am at a public restroom there might be a Gay in there with me?

You mean that two Lesbians at a gym go in and take a shower and are caught are not thrown out of the club, and banned while the police are called?

What society do we live in?

Before Same Sex marriage how many gay and lesbians used the public bathroom and there were no objections?

Before Same Sex Marriage did you ever worry about your fourteen year old daughter might be showing with a teenage lesbian, or did this fear set in after same sex marriage?

As for the problem there might be a gay in the toilet next to you the simple solution would be a single bathroom for women, men, and have a unisex one and not have a bathroom with multiple toilets in it.

Will this cure your fear of a gay person being near you?

What's your problem, I thought you wanted equality.

Why do you fight for greater rights for homosexuals, and fewer for straights?

Right...

How about actually answering why this is a issue to you after same sex marriage?

The fact is Gays and Lesbians have been using the same restrooms before Same Sex marriage and now you want to have separate bathrooms?

Also how will you know if someone is gay while using the same restroom as you?

Will you demand that Gay men announce they are entering the restroom?

Will you demand some sort of Gayness test?

If you think my questioning is stupid then you know how I feel about your strawman thread.

What the hell does the timing have to do with this.

Are lesbians attracted to females the same as men are or not?

Has everything to do with it!

Before the USSC ruling those like you never noticed if you were taking a crap with a gay on the next toilet...

Before the USSC you never worried about if your daughter might be showering with a teenage lesbian...

What I believe is you fear you will have a Gay thought while sitting on the toilet. I believe you most likely have peeked over the urinal and took a long look at the guy next to you, and had a gay thought, and this is why you are so scare about if someone might discover you out!

I believe that is the actual reality and the timing of the ruling has to do with your homophobic rantings...

OMG!!!

You mean that two Lesbians at a gym go in and take a shower and are caught are not thrown out of the club, and banned while the police are called?

Before Same Sex marriage how many gay and lesbians used the public bathroom and there were no objections?

Before Same Sex Marriage did you ever worry about your fourteen year old daughter might be showing with a teenage lesbian, or did this fear set in after same sex marriage?

As for the problem there might be a gay in the toilet next to you the simple solution would be a single bathroom for women, men, and have a unisex one and not have a bathroom with multiple toilets in it.

Right...

How about actually answering why this is a issue to you after same sex marriage?

The fact is Gays and Lesbians have been using the same restrooms before Same Sex marriage and now you want to have separate bathrooms?

If you think my questioning is stupid then you know how I feel about your strawman thread.

Before the USSC ruling those like you never noticed if you were taking a crap with a gay on the next toilet...

Before the USSC you never worried about if your daughter might be showering with a teenage lesbian...

What I believe is you fear you will have a Gay thought while sitting on the toilet. I believe you most likely have peeked over the urinal and took a long look at the guy next to you, and had a gay thought, and this is why you are so scare about if someone might discover you out!

I believe that is the actual reality and the timing of the ruling has to do with your homophobic rantings...

Homofunny rantings is what you're doing.

I've asked before and I will ask again

Men are attracted to women the EXACT same way a lesbian is attracted to women, yet a man would be jailed for entering a woman's shower room when a lesbian is not. Is that not discrimination. Does the lesbian then not have greater rights then the heterosexual male?

Why, when BOTH find females desirous?

Oh, most certainly. I really don't see the issue at all.

Fine, but equality demands that all are treated equal. Read the link, comment on it.

I read it. It's silly. If people are concerned they might be standing or sitting next to a gay person, they should stay out of public restrooms. After all, this is their problem not the gay person's.

A completely bigoted point of view. Public accommodation and codes require all be treated equally.

If males are segregated from females due to sexual desire, lesbians must be treated the same. Both are equally attracted to women.

Absurd

I have no idea why people think the separation is because of sexual desire. Maybe its just me, but a woman using the toilet does nothing for me sexually. Does that make be a deviant?

You suppose they care if a mans in their restrooms? How about the gym shower and locker rooms?

Silly ain't it that a female would want to be separated from males when they are naked or in a vulnerable position.

Men and women have separate bathrooms because that is our culture, not because the sexes get all excited by someone of the opposite sex voiding their bowels. If someone thinks sexual attraction is intrinsically involved in bathrooms, I'd say they have their own problems to deal with.

OMG!!!

Right...

Men are attracted to women the EXACT same way a lesbian is attracted to women, yet a man would be jailed for entering a woman's shower room when a lesbian is not. Is that not discrimination. Does the lesbian then not have greater rights then the heterosexual male?

It really is a simple solution and that is make single shower and single toilets. Have them in a single room, you know like truck stop showers, and this end your fear.

If you dislike that idea then carry soap on the rope when showering and tell your daughter she can only shower at home and not at school because of your fear there might be a teenage lesbian lusting after her...

Fine, but equality demands that all are treated equal. Read the link, comment on it.

I read it. It's silly. If people are concerned they might be standing or sitting next to a gay person, they should stay out of public restrooms. After all, this is their problem not the gay person's.

A completely bigoted point of view. Public accommodation and codes require all be treated equally.

If males are segregated from females due to sexual desire, lesbians must be treated the same. Both are equally attracted to women.

Absurd

I have no idea why people think the separation is because of sexual desire. Maybe its just me, but a woman using the toilet does nothing for me sexually. Does that make be a deviant?

You suppose they care if a mans in their restrooms? How about the gym shower and locker rooms?

Silly ain't it that a female would want to be separated from males when they are naked or in a vulnerable position.

Men and women have separate bathrooms because that is our culture, not because the sexes get all excited by someone of the opposite sex voiding their bowels. If someone thinks sexual attraction is intrinsically involved in bathrooms, I'd say they have their own problems to deal with.

Link please, all I can find has to do with security and privacy.

Thanks

Right...

It really is a simple solution and that is make single shower and single toilets. Have them in a single room, you know like truck stop showers, and this end your fear.

If you dislike that idea then carry soap on the rope when showering and tell your daughter she can only shower at home and not at school because of your fear there might be a teenage lesbian lusting after her...

Wow, such a hetrophobic response

how much will this retrofitting cost?

Yes it is an answer, but my 14 year old daughter is still in a vulnerable position with all those men and gay women in the restroom.

Yes it is an answer, but my 14 year old daughter is still in a vulnerable position with all those men and gay women in the restroom.

Sky.jpg

Right...

Your 14 year old daughter is not vulnerable at all, and this is your way of wanting to have signs that say " Gay " and " Straight " this and that.

Let stop with the silly nonsense and most restrooms are single person and your daughter is safe. In school you have choices and that is home school your little girl and keep her out of Public and Private Schools.

As for you my best advice is you walk around with a butt plug, soap on the rope, and stop bending over in life, and you should be safe...

Your 14 year old daughter is not vulnerable at all, and this is your way of wanting to have signs that say " Gay " and " Straight " this and that.

Let stop with the silly nonsense and most restrooms are single person and your daughter is safe. In school you have choices and that is home school your little girl and keep her out of Public and Private Schools.

As for you my best advice is you walk around with a butt plug, soap on the rope, and stop bending over in life, and you should be safe...

Oh, there's a cost to retaining my rights?

Hmmmm, where have I heard that before. Nope, rights don't have to be bought or hadn't you heard?

And you decide my daughters safety at public places, not code departments.

Boy o boy, So how are you going to identify homosexuals? Tattoo a pink triangle?

A lesbian is just as attracted to a female as a hetro male. I want neither in a restroom with my 14 year old daughter.

Making people wear identifying marks was the trademark of the German Nazis in concentration camps. Do you actually stand here and subscribe to that?
That's exactly what the homo agenda wants. Recognize and concede to homosexuality and its agenda. And if you don't you are branded as a pariah by the state.

Making people wear identifying marks was the trademark of the German Nazis in concentration camps. Do you actually stand here and subscribe to that?
That's exactly what the homo agenda wants. Recognize and concede to homosexuality and its agenda. And if you don't you are branded as a pariah by the state.

Which was fine so long as they were the pariah. It's a hard knock life.

Forum List

Back