Time to Bust Up Teacher Unions

Colorado Teachers' Union Protest Against DeVos Turns Vulgar

A rally organized by the largest teachers union in Colorado protesting a visit by Education Secretary Betsy DeVos became vulgar as some of the demonstrators held signs depicting a hand giving a middle finger and another sign that said, "Report Card – Betsy DeVos F U."

View attachment 266751

Bust them up for the sake of the children.

Bust them up???

You're really into the whole idea of a fascist police state, eh?

They do? Bullshit. Again. And again, no proof, just goo from your ass. I c&p'd directly from them, stupe.

And, again, because you apparently can't read worth a fuck, this is where I grew up, not where I live now. Furthermore, if you think anywhere in the immediate Chicago Metro area is a "podunk town", you're dumber than I thought, which would be pretty damn hard after this exchange during which you've proven you are a liar, intellectually dishonest and apparently unable to read worth a shit.

You're less factual than Baghdad Bob, FFS. "It's all white, I don't care what the fucking data says" LOL. what an idiot.

You keep posting about shit I did not say. I pointed out first that was Chicago, and now you deny it?

Really, how fucked up is your head? You cannot explain the difference in your two links poverty rates, yet bitch at me about your fucked up facts!

I would almost swear you are a liberal because you cannot even carry on a conversation. I am done dealing with your ignorance.

If you have other facts, present them. If you have specific points, cite them.

Given that you cannot seem to grasp that one set of data was aggregate to the town and the other was specific to the school, as both topics came up, I will spoonfeed you that to too. Two different data sets. Dealing with 2 different sample sets. One was poverty level of the town, the second was specific to the high school and, as per that source, indicated the % of students qualifying for meal assistance. Get it now, I hope.

You've been wrong about nearly every damn thing you've said. I would list them but I'm afraid you'd run out of fingers counting them and have a stroke or something by having to actually engage that barnacle encrusted brain to do the math in your head.

Again, if you have different data that disproves anything I said present it, else stop making an ass of yourself.

Your ignorance in deciding to lecture me on the demographics of my hometown, in which I spent 20+ years, while you have never set foot there, and then not simply admitting you may have been wrong is one if the more glaring examples if idiocy I have seen on this board, so well done on that.

I'd agree we're done. I'm going to finish mowing the lawn and start in on the beer in the cooler. Latah'

I am not arguing the demographics! Your own sources are!

The school is the only one in the community correct? How could the demographics be that far out of whack unless they are simply wrong!

BTW, the starting salary in your schools district is nowhere near 100K! In fact, it about half that at $52,041. That's still about what our teachers make with 20 years service. Only then does a teacher in your district with a Master's degree come close to 100K.

https://www.fenton100.org/UserFiles/Servers/Server_286965/File/District/Administration/Business Office/FEA Contract 2018-21 Final.pdf

You are either incredibly stupid or lying through your teeth. You claim to not be stupid, so why do you lie?

Who gives a fuck what the starting salary is you abject idiot.

I cited average salary. And offered links to verify the data.

You do understand the difference I hope.

While you're drooling in your soup you might want to consider that you still have shown jack shit, proven nothing, while I have proven you a liar and a fool repeatedly and you keep coming back for more.

I'm feeling sorry for you at this point.

Now scuttle back to your hole and keep muttering to yourself how right you are.

So NOW you claim that the average teacher in that school has an average of over 20 years experience? My God, you are such a dumbass!

No fuckface, I made no such statement.

We've established that you can't read worth a shit and now we know your math skills aren't worth a crap either as you apparently don't understand how simple averages work.

Holy shit you're truly dumb as hell. As in truly, actually, stupid. Lol.

From the source:

"This information is reported at the district level. The display shows the average salary for teachers over the past 5 years. These numbers are calculated by using the sum of all teachers' salaries divided by the number of FTE teachers. To view long term data click on 10 Years Trend. Clicking the View Details button will add a data table."

In other words, this is public data, moron, which means we can likely find it.

And we can. Here are the actual salaries, and totals, of those teachers, listed individually and summarized:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.fenton100.org/UserFiles/Servers/Server_286965/File/District/Administration/Business%20Office/2018%20EIS%20Administrator%20and%20Teacher%20Salary%20and%20Benefits%20Report.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiOk678n5PjAhXNB80KHcFoAQcQFjAAegQIBhAC&usg=AOvVaw3sftowhzWyuBfYRnCQ-8ZV

Total base salary, not including benefits BTW, shown at the bottom of the report

Total number of personnel: 112

Now, follow the bouncing ball, as this is where it apparently gets too tricky for you.

We take this number: 11,718,714.36

And divide by this number: 112

And that gives us an aaaaaavvvvverrrrrage

We get..........drumroll please: 104,631.37 average base salary per employee. One teacher I saw is pulling 178k base salary. Ho-lee-shit. Likely coaching or something too is my guess, but still, 178k. Ho-lee-shit.

There are some admin listed here also, but I doubt that changes the average teacher pay all that much. The data is there, but I'm not wasting more of my time calculating those out.

Read it and weep.....or deny or deflect, as is your well established MO. All the same to me, really.

The facts are clear, they've been presented clearly and concisely, and you're simply wrong. Continuing to argue them is dumb, and has been all along.

Class dismissed.

Last edited:

A rally organized by the largest teachers union in Colorado protesting a visit by Education Secretary Betsy DeVos became vulgar as some of the demonstrators held signs depicting a hand giving a middle finger and another sign that said, "Report Card – Betsy DeVos F U."

View attachment 266751

They were simply indicating their low opinion of an extremely vulgar woman who is trying to rip off the taxpayers to fund her private indoctrination centers and protect those who sexually harass and rape others. I would agree that she is a bitch. But then again, her brother is an overpaid mercenary who has sucked off the government tit for years.

Teachers need a union more than ever. They are underpaid for what they do and always have been.

View attachment 266751

They were simply indicating their low opinion of an extremely vulgar woman who is trying to rip off the taxpayers to fund her private indoctrination centers and protect those who sexually harass and rape others. I would agree that she is a bitch. But then again, her brother is an overpaid mercenary who has sucked off the government tit for years.

Teachers need a union more than ever. They are underpaid for what they do and always have been.

I am a Christian conservative public school teacher who is proud NOT to belong to the wretched NEA.

Hysteria, I am eager to know: can you give me ONE example--just one--where you do not tow the Leftist line? I just gave you one, see. Not only do I not "homeschool" my kids in long skirts like you probably thought I did, but I work in the public schools.

Your turn.

View attachment 266751

I am a Christian conservative public school teacher who is proud NOT to belong to the wretched NEA.

Hysteria, I am eager to know: can you give me ONE example--just one--where you do not tow the Leftist line? I just gave you one, see. Not only do I not "homeschool" my kids in long skirts like you probably thought I did, but I work in the public schools.

Your turn.

It depends on what "the Leftist line" is. I am well aware that you are in the cults and Betsy bitch is, too.

View attachment 266751

Your turn.

It depends on what "the Leftist line" is. I am well aware that you are in the cults and Betsy bitch is, too.

You couldn't come up with an issue if you tried. You believe what they tell you, no questions asked. Very sad especially in a woman your age.

View attachment 266751

Your turn.

You couldn't come up with an issue if you tried. You believe what they tell you, no questions asked. Very sad especially in a woman your age.

Who is the "they" you are talking about? There is no "they" in my life. I barely read political commentary and I don't watch political shows on TV. When an issue comes up, it generates questions that I want answered. I certainly wouldn't believe much on USMB unless it is backed up by legitimate sources, such as professional organizations of good repute nationally; for example, the American Society of Civil Engineers.

All unions suck.

Unions that are greedy Left Wing assole cash cows for the filthy Democrat Party really suck.

All unions suck.

Unions that are greedy Left Wing assole cash cows for the filthy Democrat Party really suck.

To be fair I think they had their place many, many years ago, when people were working 14 hour days, 6 days a week in deplorable conditions. The shirtwaist factory in which many women died in NYC comes to mind. But like many things, with laws now in place for working conditions, they may have outlived their usefulness and now MUCH too often act as an arm of the Democrat Party, you're so right.

Obviously the tactics of these few teachers with the obscene gestures is disgusting and wholly unprofessional.

All unions suck.

To be fair I think they had their place many, many years ago, when people were working 14 hour days, 6 days a week in deplorable conditions. The shirtwaist factory in which many women died in NYC comes to mind. But like many things, with laws now in place for working conditions, they may have outlived their usefulness and now MUCH too often act as an arm of the Democrat Party, you're so right.

Obviously the tactics of these few teachers with the obscene gestures is disgusting and wholly unprofessional.

Yet they’re teaching summer school today to impressionable children and you defend it.

Instead of whining incessantly why not quit your job, and become a good teacher. Show everyone how it's done. Don't whine like the management of a corporation. Be part of the solution.

All unions suck.

Collective bargaining assures that there is at least a chance of a balance of power. otherwise, there would be no limit on exploitation.

Betsy bitch deserves what she got. Giving a thief, who is full of hatred for what she is and is out to protect criminals, the finger is no big deal.

View attachment 266751

They are terribly underpaid in states without unions

Collective bargaining is an employees right

It's not. It's a privilege that some states grant and others don't.
Some states don’t recognize worker rights
Only the employer

As it should be. As I've explained over and over on this board, you have no right to a job. Jobs are a byproduct of an entity creating a service or product for others. As a business expands one person typically can't get the job done on their own so they hire people to help. It's up to them as to how they decide to compensate you. If you don't feel it's enough then don't take the job. If they can't find someone they'll have to up their ante. That's the way the real world works. If you want to decide your own salary start your own business.
It works out nicely for employers when they can treat every employee as every man for himself. Not in an economic position to protect yourself, you get fucked

Workers have a right to stand up for each other. Protect each other from abuse.
The precise reason to discourage off-shoring, business visas and Illegals.

All unions suck.

Collective bargaining assures that there is at least a chance of a balance of power. otherwise, there would be no limit on exploitation.

Betsy bitch deserves what she got. Giving a thief, who is full of hatred for what she is and is out to protect criminals, the finger is no big deal.
DeVos has done everything she can to degrade teacher protections and benefits.

Don’t really feel sorry for her

You keep posting about shit I did not say. I pointed out first that was Chicago, and now you deny it?

Really, how fucked up is your head? You cannot explain the difference in your two links poverty rates, yet bitch at me about your fucked up facts!

I would almost swear you are a liberal because you cannot even carry on a conversation. I am done dealing with your ignorance.

If you have other facts, present them. If you have specific points, cite them.

Given that you cannot seem to grasp that one set of data was aggregate to the town and the other was specific to the school, as both topics came up, I will spoonfeed you that to too. Two different data sets. Dealing with 2 different sample sets. One was poverty level of the town, the second was specific to the high school and, as per that source, indicated the % of students qualifying for meal assistance. Get it now, I hope.

You've been wrong about nearly every damn thing you've said. I would list them but I'm afraid you'd run out of fingers counting them and have a stroke or something by having to actually engage that barnacle encrusted brain to do the math in your head.

Again, if you have different data that disproves anything I said present it, else stop making an ass of yourself.

Your ignorance in deciding to lecture me on the demographics of my hometown, in which I spent 20+ years, while you have never set foot there, and then not simply admitting you may have been wrong is one if the more glaring examples if idiocy I have seen on this board, so well done on that.

I'd agree we're done. I'm going to finish mowing the lawn and start in on the beer in the cooler. Latah'

I am not arguing the demographics! Your own sources are!

The school is the only one in the community correct? How could the demographics be that far out of whack unless they are simply wrong!

BTW, the starting salary in your schools district is nowhere near 100K! In fact, it about half that at $52,041. That's still about what our teachers make with 20 years service. Only then does a teacher in your district with a Master's degree come close to 100K.

https://www.fenton100.org/UserFiles/Servers/Server_286965/File/District/Administration/Business Office/FEA Contract 2018-21 Final.pdf

You are either incredibly stupid or lying through your teeth. You claim to not be stupid, so why do you lie?

Who gives a fuck what the starting salary is you abject idiot.

I cited average salary. And offered links to verify the data.

You do understand the difference I hope.

While you're drooling in your soup you might want to consider that you still have shown jack shit, proven nothing, while I have proven you a liar and a fool repeatedly and you keep coming back for more.

I'm feeling sorry for you at this point.

Now scuttle back to your hole and keep muttering to yourself how right you are.

So NOW you claim that the average teacher in that school has an average of over 20 years experience? My God, you are such a dumbass!

No fuckface, I made no such statement.

We've established that you can't read worth a shit and now we know your math skills aren't worth a crap either as you apparently don't understand how simple averages work.

Holy shit you're truly dumb as hell. As in truly, actually, stupid. Lol.

From the source:

"This information is reported at the district level. The display shows the average salary for teachers over the past 5 years. These numbers are calculated by using the sum of all teachers' salaries divided by the number of FTE teachers. To view long term data click on 10 Years Trend. Clicking the View Details button will add a data table."

In other words, this is public data, moron, which means we can likely find it.

And we can. Here are the actual salaries, and totals, of those teachers, listed individually and summarized:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.fenton100.org/UserFiles/Servers/Server_286965/File/District/Administration/Business%20Office/2018%20EIS%20Administrator%20and%20Teacher%20Salary%20and%20Benefits%20Report.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiOk678n5PjAhXNB80KHcFoAQcQFjAAegQIBhAC&usg=AOvVaw3sftowhzWyuBfYRnCQ-8ZV

Total base salary, not including benefits BTW, shown at the bottom of the report

Total number of personnel: 112

Now, follow the bouncing ball, as this is where it apparently gets too tricky for you.

We take this number: 11,718,714.36

And divide by this number: 112

And that gives us an aaaaaavvvvverrrrrage

We get..........drumroll please: 104,631.37 average base salary per employee. One teacher I saw is pulling 178k base salary. Ho-lee-shit. Likely coaching or something too is my guess, but still, 178k. Ho-lee-shit.

There are some admin listed here also, but I doubt that changes the average teacher pay all that much. The data is there, but I'm not wasting more of my time calculating those out.

Read it and weep.....or deny or deflect, as is your well established MO. All the same to me, really.

The facts are clear, they've been presented clearly and concisely, and you're simply wrong. Continuing to argue them is dumb, and has been all along.

Class dismissed.

Your link includes administrators, so your numbers are STILL fucked up!

You are a pathetic excuse for an educated American because you lie, plain and simple. What makes it worse is your excuses. You have earned a well-deserved ignore because you have shown nothing but contempt and lies about your own school district.

Collective bargaining is an employees right

Only the employer

As it should be. As I've explained over and over on this board, you have no right to a job. Jobs are a byproduct of an entity creating a service or product for others. As a business expands one person typically can't get the job done on their own so they hire people to help. It's up to them as to how they decide to compensate you. If you don't feel it's enough then don't take the job. If they can't find someone they'll have to up their ante. That's the way the real world works. If you want to decide your own salary start your own business.
It works out nicely for employers when they can treat every employee as every man for himself. Not in an economic position to protect yourself, you get fucked

Workers surrendering their standard of living and basic benefits is not a solution to off shoring.
Not many illegal school teachers

All unions suck.

Yet they’re teaching summer school today to impressionable children and you defend it.

What the heck is summer school? Those programs ended in most school districts about 10 years ago! Catch a clue!

We did away with summer school way back in about 2000 in my district in Florida. The clueless education bashers still tell stories claiming that teachers can work in the summer to supplement their pathetically poor income.

Last edited:
Only the employer

Workers surrendering their standard of living and basic benefits is not a solution to off shoring.
Not many illegal school teachers
I know many many teachers; most of them are not the brightest bulbs in the world.

Forum List

Back