Time to Bust Up Teacher Unions

All unions suck.

Unions that are greedy Left Wing assole cash cows for the filthy Democrat Party really suck.

To be fair I think they had their place many, many years ago, when people were working 14 hour days, 6 days a week in deplorable conditions. The shirtwaist factory in which many women died in NYC comes to mind. But like many things, with laws now in place for working conditions, they may have outlived their usefulness and now MUCH too often act as an arm of the Democrat Party, you're so right.

Obviously the tactics of these few teachers with the obscene gestures is disgusting and wholly unprofessional.
Obviously the tactics of these few teachers with the obscene gestures is disgusting and wholly unprofessional.

Yet they’re teaching summer school today to impressionable children and you defend it.

What the heck is summer school? Those programs ended in most school districts about 10 years ago! catch a clue!

We did away with summer school way back in about 2000 in my district in Florida. The clueless education bashers still tell stories claiming that teachers can work in the summer to supplement their pathetically poor income.
Teacher salaries in NY vary by district.

All unions suck.

Unions that are greedy Left Wing assole cash cows for the filthy Democrat Party really suck.

To be fair I think they had their place many, many years ago, when people were working 14 hour days, 6 days a week in deplorable conditions. The shirtwaist factory in which many women died in NYC comes to mind. But like many things, with laws now in place for working conditions, they may have outlived their usefulness and now MUCH too often act as an arm of the Democrat Party, you're so right.

Yet they’re teaching summer school today to impressionable children and you defend it.

What the heck is summer school? Those programs ended in most school districts about 10 years ago! catch a clue!

We did away with summer school way back in about 2000 in my district in Florida. The clueless education bashers still tell stories claiming that teachers can work in the summer to supplement their pathetically poor income.
There you go again. Applying your micro bubble world to America.

Call me when there’s teaching jobs left open because no teachers can be found.

All unions suck.

If you can't make an argument honestly it means you can't make an argument.

All unions suck.

Collective bargaining assures that there is at least a chance of a balance of power. otherwise, there would be no limit on exploitation.

Betsy bitch deserves what she got. Giving a thief, who is full of hatred for what she is and is out to protect criminals, the finger is no big deal.

One thing I know: your idea of social mores is totally broken. So I won't be taking advice on proper conduct in front of students from you. Believe me.

All unions suck.

You really should not air your ignorance for everyone to see. This is happening in almost every state in the nation. They're using emergency certificates and subs to fill in the gaps...and still positions go open.

Wow.

Number Of Teachers Quitting The Classroom After Just One Year Hits All-Time High

All unions suck.

Says the teacher defending horrible teachers who abuse children.

Some states don’t recognize worker rights
Only the employer

As it should be. As I've explained over and over on this board, you have no right to a job. Jobs are a byproduct of an entity creating a service or product for others. As a business expands one person typically can't get the job done on their own so they hire people to help. It's up to them as to how they decide to compensate you. If you don't feel it's enough then don't take the job. If they can't find someone they'll have to up their ante. That's the way the real world works. If you want to decide your own salary start your own business.
It works out nicely for employers when they can treat every employee as every man for himself. Not in an economic position to protect yourself, you get fucked

Workers have a right to stand up for each other. Protect each other from abuse.
The precise reason to discourage off-shoring, business visas and Illegals.
Workers surrendering their standard of living and basic benefits is not a solution to off shoring.
Not many illegal school teachers
I know many many teachers; most of them are not the brightest bulbs in the world.
I know many, many teachers who are dedicated, hard working and very good at what they do

All unions suck.

You really should not air your ignorance for everyone to see. This is happening in almost every state in the nation. They're using emergency certificates and subs to fill in the gaps...and still positions go open.

Wow.

Number Of Teachers Quitting The Classroom After Just One Year Hits All-Time High
You get what you pay for

All unions suck.

Wow.

They leave for another teaching position.
And immediately replaced.

Still well above for the private sector.

Only the employer

As it should be. As I've explained over and over on this board, you have no right to a job. Jobs are a byproduct of an entity creating a service or product for others. As a business expands one person typically can't get the job done on their own so they hire people to help. It's up to them as to how they decide to compensate you. If you don't feel it's enough then don't take the job. If they can't find someone they'll have to up their ante. That's the way the real world works. If you want to decide your own salary start your own business.
It works out nicely for employers when they can treat every employee as every man for himself. Not in an economic position to protect yourself, you get fucked

Workers surrendering their standard of living and basic benefits is not a solution to off shoring.
I know many many teachers; most of them are not the brightest bulbs in the world.

Depends though on what kind of smart you're talking about. Some people have IQs of 140 and no people skills whatsoever. Teaching demands a very high level of people skills to find any kind of success; we have to make a stunning number of decision about people in a given day. So maybe the "people you know" are not intellectual wunderkinds are far as pure IQ goes, but there's a lot more that goes into good teaching.

That said, I think teachers should be smart and educated, generally.

All unions suck.

Says the teacher defending horrible teachers who abuse children.

Does everyone see how much Weatherman is outright LYING about what I've said in this thread? Yes or no.

Am I defending horrible teachers who abuse children? Anyone see me do that?

Wow.

Okay you said "call me when teaching jobs are left open". They are being left open and unfilled ALL OVER THE NATION

Any more ignorance you got for us today? Or just more lies?

Wow.

Weatherman Airs His Ignorance:

Oklahoma has 1,000 teachers on emergency license:

OUR VIEW: Addressing teacher shortage

Only the employer

They probably feel the same way about you.

Wow.

One district in Mississippi ALONE loses more than 200 teachers:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/2019-06-26/mississippis-teacher-shortage-worsens

All unions suck.

Thank you Captain Obvious. Was there a point there? If so, you missed it by a mile.

Wow.

85% of Illinois Supt say hiring teachers is their biggest concern:

Illinois Issues: Lawmakers Leave With No Sure Cure For Teacher Shortage

Remember everyone, Weatherman said call me when teacher jobs aren't filled. That's how ignorant on this subject he is. he is THAT ignorant

Wow.

ONE district in Florida has to fill over 200 open positions. Oh Weatherman, all these stories are just from JUNE. How many more do you want?

Florida teacher shortage: Lake County looking to fill 200 open positions

All unions suck.

Thank you Captain Obvious. Was there a point there? If so, you missed it by a mile.

Hey maybe when the teacher shortage just gets THAT BAD< all these yokels can go into the public schools and tell the kids how awful they are and how much the job is sooooo easy and stuff.

How long do you give them, how long do you think they'll last in the classroom? Me, I got 25 years in.

So where do our best and brightest end up?

Pay teachers at poverty rates and they will find better options. That is why non union states have such poor school systems

Forum List

Back