Time For The Tea Party To Replace The Republican party ?

Background:
The religious revival, that swept the northern United States from 1840 to 1855 (See: "The burnt-over district, Wickopedia) made it imposable for the members of America's politically conservative party (Called the Whig Party) to tolerate the expansion/ and or acceptance of slavery. (Whig members included: Abraham Lincoln, Danial Webster, Henry Clay, Zachary Taylor etc) But the leadership of the Whig party refused to advance the anti-slavery agenda of the vast majority of it's members. The party's leadership preferred to compromise with the Democrats party's pro-slavery stance.

Consequently a group of former Whigs, who believed in a literal interpretation of the American Constitution (that "All Men" really are created equal) formed a new party called The Republican Party, in Ripon, Wisconsin on June 6th 1854. Their ranks soon swelled with former Republicans, and Democrats of conscience. And within six years "the rest" became history.

What concerns conservatives today is the encrochmont of economic slavery. (The emancipation of Russia's original economic slaves occured in 1861 (See: Emancipation reform 1861, Wickopedia) And of Russia's "modern economic slaves" in 1991.

Do you think that it is time for "The Tea Party" (or a party of a different name, representing conservative Republicans, Democrats, and Libertarians) to replace the Republican party ?

Gonna be hard to do unless those big GOP financial supporters join in the revolution.

Right now the TP is a lapdog of the GOP.

It is more like the original Republican party.

I couldnt express my laughter at this comment. I can only hope that you read this and understand my disdain for that statement. The "Original Republican Party"? I highly recommend reading anything ever written on the Republican Party.. Come on people

Since the dawn of civilization those who are progressive in nature have always won out. The Republican Party of 1840-1970 is not the Republican party of today, in fact it was virtually the opposite. The Whigs success was due to the fact that slavery was going to end eventually. I believe we were the second to last western nation to ban slavery, only to Brazil in 1888 (I think). The Tea Party is on the wrong side of history. In order to save the Party, we have to adapt to non crazy ideas. We maintain our fiscal stances because they are a neccessity, but lets drop these crazy social thoughts because they are the reasons we lose so many youth votes. Trust me I know, I am in college and every person I speak to who says, I like the Repubs. ideas on the economy but I cant morally vote for someone who wants to ban gay marraige or any other host of out dated social ideals. If we want a conservative revival we need to stop putting people in congress from Kansas 3rd district or wherever who placee social issues over our impending fiscal doom. just my opinion though

IKE wouldn't recognize the halfwit neocon white trash that destroyed the Republican Party. Die-hards in both parties make me wonder if some form of that movie "invasion of the body snatchers" hasn't come to pass.

Some years ago Clintonistas defended the man who signed NAFTA, gave Blackwater its first no-bid contract and in the course of a perjury scandal came to support repeal of Glass Steagall and rescinding good-sense regulations on commodities speculation.

In these forums today is a thread claiming Bush wasn't the worst president in history, and there are people lost enough to support that without ever asking to see or posting charted comparisons with former presidents. Instead, like monkeys in a zoo they throw shit on the new guy, Obama - who, if my memory serves me well, has three years or so to go.

One hopes real fiscal conservative and liberal young people come to understand it'd be better to die in the streets than continue to give ground to corporate rule and either takes back the parties postmodern partisans degraded or come together in a new party devoid of social bogusness and focused on good jobs, tight budgets, and long prison sentences for white collar crime.

The group that gets there first is going to rule for a long time because the rest will take care of itself.

Good luck.

We cant do it alone and I refuse to sit passenger in a car heading off of a cliff while everyone argues which seat they get. I try not to curse, but Fuck em all. If you are a Republican who denies evolution or Homosexual equality, just get out of the way. If youre a democrat who wants to keep feeding Detroit and Atlanta full of subsidies and a failed policy, just get out of the way. We cant afford stupid anymore.

The message of the teabaggers is: cut my taxes; don't cut programs that benefit me; balance the budget. That is not a serious political platform. It is equivalent to a child telling Santa Clause that he wants all of the toys in the toy store.

My hope is that the teabaggers split the GOP apart.

If the Republican Party wants to have any chance of winning the Presidency, keeping the House and taking back the Senate, activists in the Tea Party need to rise up and get elected to leadership positions and these lifelong Republican leaders need to get out of the way. Not only does this reflect my thinking lately, but others are contemplating this as well. From the National Journal:

For Republicans who believe the tea party is responsible for the GOP’s struggles, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley’s decision to choose Rep. Tim Scott to replace Jim DeMint in the Senate would have come as a stunner. The nation’s second Indian-American governor appointed the only African-American who will be serving in the Senate come 2013. And not only are they both Republicans, they are tea party-aligned conservatives who took on the party establishment and won.

It’s ironic that at a time when party strategists are publicly panicking over the party’s need to diversify or face extinction, they’re blind to the reality that if it wasn’t for the much-maligned tea party, the Republican Party would be even more homogeneous than it is today.

Haley, a little-known state senator before being elected governor, would never have had a chance at becoming governor against the state’s good ol’ boy network of statewide officeholders. Scott would have been a long shot in his Republican primary against none other than Strom Thurmond’s youngest son. Marco Rubio, now the hyped 2016 presidential favorite, would have stepped aside to see now-Democrat Charlie Crist become the next senator, depriving the party of one of its most talented stars. Ted Cruz, the other Hispanic Republican in the Senate, would have never chanced a seemingly futile bid against Texas’s 67-year-old lieutenant governor, seen as a lock to succeed Kay Bailey Hutchison.

But all those upset victories–all of which at the time seemed shocking–took place because of the conservative grassroots’ strong sentiment for outsiders who campaigned on their principles, and not over their past political or family connections. Even a decade ago, party officials would have been more successful in pushing these outsider candidates aside, persuading them to wait their turn. (In Rubio’s case, it almost worked.) Now, in an era where grassroots politicking is as easy as ever thanks to the proliferation of social media, more control is in the hands of voters. And contrary to the ugly stereotypes of conservative activists being right-wing to the point of racist, it’s been the tea party movement that’s been behind the political success of most prominent minority Republican officeholders…

Not only does this bring real diversity to the Republican Party, it also brings a resurgence to Conservative principles. The 2014 midterm election will be a key indicator as to whether or not the Republican Party learned anything after getting behind Mitt Romney.

At a recent town hall meeting in Maryland hosted by Fox News anchor Greta van Susteren, Tea Party GOP voters ripped Congressman Andy Harris and the GOP for not standing up against government abuses.

One voter admonished Harris, “We’re dying out here because you guys are being pc nice guys!” Another told Harris that Congress should “come clean” regarding NSA surveillance. A third insisted, “Innocent people… are getting slammed by partisan politics.” Ed Hunter, one of the GOP attendees, said John Boehner should start “defying” Barack Obama and threaten impeachment if Obama did not “start obeying the laws!”

He added, “Listen, we’re dying out here because you guys are being nice guys! . . . We’re losing the country! I want to see more defiance!

Background:
The religious revival, that swept the northern United States from 1840 to 1855 (See: "The burnt-over district, Wickopedia) made it imposable for the members of America's politically conservative party (Called the Whig Party) to tolerate the expansion/ and or acceptance of slavery. (Whig members included: Abraham Lincoln, Danial Webster, Henry Clay, Zachary Taylor etc) But the leadership of the Whig party refused to advance the anti-slavery agenda of the vast majority of it's members. The party's leadership preferred to compromise with the Democrats party's pro-slavery stance.

Consequently a group of former Whigs, who believed in a literal interpretation of the American Constitution (that "All Men" really are created equal) formed a new party called The Republican Party, in Ripon, Wisconsin on June 6th 1854. Their ranks soon swelled with former Republicans, and Democrats of conscience. And within six years "the rest" became history.

What concerns conservatives today is the encrochmont of economic slavery. (The emancipation of Russia's original economic slaves occured in 1861 (See: Emancipation reform 1861, Wickopedia) And of Russia's "modern economic slaves" in 1991.

Do you think that it is time for "The Tea Party" (or a party of a different name, representing conservative Republicans, Democrats, and Libertarians) to replace the Republican party ?

No. It's time for all conservatives to join the party that has been truely conservative all along:

The Libertarian Party.

Since the dawn of civilization those who are progressive in nature have always won out. The Republican Party of 1840-1970 is not the Republican party of today, in fact it was virtually the opposite. The Whigs success was due to the fact that slavery was going to end eventually. I believe we were the second to last western nation to ban slavery, only to Brazil in 1888 (I think). The Tea Party is on the wrong side of history. In order to save the Party, we have to adapt to non crazy ideas. We maintain or fiscal stances because they are a neccessity, but lets drop these crazy social thoughts because they are the reasons we lose so many youth votes. Trust me I know, I am in college and every person I speak to who says, I like the Repubs. ideas on the economy but I cant morally vote for someone who wants to ban gay marraige or any other host of out dated social ideals. If we want a conservative revival we need to stop putting people in congress from Kansas 3rd district or wherever who placee social issues over our impending fiscal doom. just my opinion though

That's the Libertarian Party.

The "Tea 'Party'" is a movement, not a party. And it will not have the necessary power needed to throw the liberals out unless it comprises both libertarians and the more traditional conservatives. We need each other. And at the core of each philosophy is personal FREEDOM within a united nation.

Irregardless, of whether the 'Tea Party' roots are libertarian or not, we need to merge this into a unified 'One'.

If the Marxist DemocRATS can unite over their vices, why can't we unite around our virtues?

Background:

I think it is time for the teabaggers to start a third party on the right. That will guarantee the dominance of the Democratic Party. The teabaggers are losing support. They can't replace anything, but they can harm the GOP, and I hope they do.

Forum List

Back