Time For The Tea Party To Replace The Republican party ?

Discussion in 'Tea Party' started by Doctavian, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Doctavian

Doctavian Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Time For The Tea Party To Replace The Republican party ?

Background:
    The religious revival, that swept the northern United States from 1840 to 1855 (See: "The burnt-over district, Wickopedia) made it imposable for the members of America's politically conservative party (Called the Whig Party) to tolerate the expansion/ and or acceptance of slavery. (Whig members included: Abraham Lincoln, Danial Webster, Henry Clay, Zachary Taylor etc) But the leadership of the Whig party refused to advance the anti-slavery agenda of the vast majority of it's members. The party's leadership preferred to compromise with the Democrats party's pro-slavery stance.

Consequently a group of former Whigs, who believed in a literal interpretation of the American Constitution (that "All Men" really are created equal) formed a new party called The Republican Party, in Ripon, Wisconsin on June 6th 1854. Their ranks soon swelled with former Republicans, and Democrats of conscience. And within six years "the rest" became history.

What concerns conservatives today is the encrochmont of economic slavery. (The emancipation of Russia's original economic slaves occured in 1861 (See: Emancipation reform 1861, Wickopedia) And of Russia's "modern economic slaves" in 1991.

Do you think that it is time for "The Tea Party" (or a party of a different name, representing conservative Republicans, Democrats, and Libertarians) to replace the Republican party ?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. YoungRepublican

YoungRepublican Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Since the dawn of civilization those who are progressive in nature have always won out. The Republican Party of 1840-1970 is not the Republican party of today, in fact it was virtually the opposite. The Whigs success was due to the fact that slavery was going to end eventually. I believe we were the second to last western nation to ban slavery, only to Brazil in 1888 (I think). The Tea Party is on the wrong side of history. In order to save the Party, we have to adapt to non crazy ideas. We maintain or fiscal stances because they are a neccessity, but lets drop these crazy social thoughts because they are the reasons we lose so many youth votes. Trust me I know, I am in college and every person I speak to who says, I like the Repubs. ideas on the economy but I cant morally vote for someone who wants to ban gay marraige or any other host of out dated social ideals. If we want a conservative revival we need to stop putting people in congress from Kansas 3rd district or wherever who placee social issues over our impending fiscal doom. just my opinion though

3. 50_RiaL

50_RiaL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Don't see it happening.

4. YoungRepublican

YoungRepublican Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +80
    We can only pray that reason prevails.

5. Tuatara

Tuatara Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +498
    The words Reason and Tea Party do not belong beside each other in any form.

6. NoVote

NoVote Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    From the first indication that there was a new group of people who called themselves Tea Party, I have felt that they were repubs, independents and dems who wanted better government representation. I got the idea that they didn't care who the person running for office was, as long as he was honest, fair, could work with either party and had Americas best interest in his heart and mind. The last thing we need is yet another party. The concept of Tea Party, the very name itself, means a protest of the status quo.

It didn't take long for those who want to push others around, influence their thinking and know what's best for you to try and take charge. That immediately lost them a lot of members, as it well should have. Tea Partiers are protesters, not joiners. The vote in America is a private thing, and so should being a Tea Party member. They, [We], need no leader to tell us who to vote for and are perfectly able to make our own choices. Which after all, is why we became Tea Partiers in the first place.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  7. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    then why do they ONLY vote for republicans?

8. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,045
    I'm glad to see Jake Starkey got his kid to post here.

Bankrupting our country is a moral issue.

The "Tea Party" meaning Conservatives and Libertarians will now begin to take over the Republican Party

9. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    they already have and that is why your getting your ass kicked

10. PredFan

PredFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,652
    I agree, but I mean the original Tea Party from back in 2007 to 2009. Not the one that we have now. Not the one that was totally taken over by the GOP.