Time for Congress to Telecommute

I would personally like to see Congress return to what the original deal was.

They stayed at home most of the year running their businesses among their friends and relatives. And then, when the harvest season was over, they would go to D.C. to take up business. Not what the lobbyists and PACs want but what their constituents wanted!

I definitely don't agree with term limits but would love to see a limitation on how long they could meet the same as many states do. If they can't get their business done in that time. The president could reconvene them for a limited time. After that, all the male bovine excrement would be tossed out - to be taken up the next time they meet.

:eusa_clap:
I think term limits are a marvelous idea. The Founders never intended for them to become professional politicians...and that's the biggest problem with these people. too complacent with the system until it corrupts them.

The Founders intended that representatives do their bit, represent, and then go back to their original line of work. I'd like to see retirement packages for Congresscritters curbed as well.

The House actually isn't large enough. Representation isn't even close to even from state to state.

What do you think redistricting was for?

Redistricting has nothing to do with the size of the House. States are still under-represented in comparison to others. Reps from some states represent ~500k people and Reps from other states represent 900k+ people.

The House actually isn't large enough. Representation isn't even close to even from state to state.

Redistricting has nothing to do with the size of the House. States are still under-represented in comparison to others. Reps from some states represent ~500k people and Reps from other states represent 900k+ people.
Have ANY idea about apportionment...and HOW the Founders set it up, and WHY?

When the public doesn't believe in government, it's a self fulfilling prophecy. Great job, ignorant Reaganistas...the greedy Pubs take advantage of the ignorance- see sig.

The majority, even during a tidal wave of Pub bs and fear mongering and cowardly media coverage, don't want O-Care repealed, just fixed.

Over 6 million have signed up, despite a disastrous website rollout...

Have ANY idea about apportionment...and HOW the Founders set it up, and WHY?

YES. Have ANY idea that the size of the House grew from the time of the founders until the 1920's when it was capped at 435?

How about they just take a year vacation, and we'll see where we are after that? I bet nobody even notices, or, if they do, that it's chalked up to an increase in their quality of life.
The more they aren't legislating, the better off we ALL are.

Exactly. While the status quo is hardly something I'd want to promote, the only thing politicians are likely to do is make a bad situation worse.

How about they just take a year vacation, and we'll see where we are after that? I bet nobody even notices, or, if they do, that it's chalked up to an increase in their quality of life.
The more they aren't legislating, the better off we ALL are.

Exactly. While the status quo is hardly something I'd want to promote, the only thing politicians are likely to do is make a bad situation worse.
And they do. Look where we are.

this would be good with me..also cut Congress down to size and get rid of career leeches politican's sucking the life's blood from us taxpayers (we need term limits who do nothing but sit on their ass passing worthless laws

I'm kinda in agreement here.

We could start by getting rid of the Senate and having a House that reflects TRUE population density.

That and having the President just need to win the popular vote would be sweet.

Well overdue but for different reasons. Congress does not really need to be in one place to do their jobs and we could support a larger house without the hoopla. Simply have them meet in teleconference to go to the floor. The tech has been there a long time, why have they not used it?

Also, I would like to see the entire concept of a vote that is not recorded go completely away – something that would have to happen with a teleconferenced floor (aka no more voice votes).

Forum List

Back