Time For An English Only Law.

I will make it my duty to make Spanish only speakers rue the day they arrived in America. I will do everything in my power to make them either learn English or leave. The arrogance of Spanish speakers is amazing. When a Mexican anchor kid asks his parents, when he see me, what is this Gringa doing here? When I grew up in this area? The disconnect and the arrogance illegal Mexicans bring with them is astoundingly mind numbing. Not acceptable and I will stand against them until they realize how wrong they are, or they kill me. Which ever.

You poor thing.

If you are an American...if you go on vacation outside the country you better learn the language of the country you are going to before you leave. Or else!

I..... I will do everything in my power to make them either learn English or leave. ....

That's hilarious, but you need to be more specific to really sell the joke. How exactly will you do this?

Something tells me that a few people posting in this thread have never spent any time outside if the US.

Heh I've been to Bulgaria... and there when someone shakes their head yes they shake it up and down, and No is side to side. So totally opposite of what we do here. I couldn't imagine how fucked up some people here would be dealing with that.

Now people will definitely call me a Commie.

Something tells me that a few people posting in this thread have never spent any time outside if the US.

Heh I've been to Bulgaria... and there when someone shakes their head yes they shake it up and down, and No is side to side. So totally opposite of what we do here. I couldn't imagine how fucked up some people here would be dealing with that.

Are you sure you wrote that the way you intended?

30 years ago, I was on a RTD bus that struck and killed a person. We all spoke English THEN, I can't imagine how needlessly more complicated the legal process would have been with non English speaking drivers/passengers. Que? Right, How is multilingualism making this a better place to live?
No only more complicated, but more expensive. Why should taxpayers be sucked dry to pay for interpreters when requiring English would be far less complicated, or expensive.

Tu entiendes la constitucion?

Unsere Verfassung verstehe ich schon sehr gut.
Я очень хорошо понимаю нашей Конституции.

30 years ago, I was on a RTD bus that struck and killed a person. We all spoke English THEN, I can't imagine how needlessly more complicated the legal process would have been with non English speaking drivers/passengers. Que? Right, How is multilingualism making this a better place to live?
No only more complicated, but more expensive. Why should taxpayers be sucked dry to pay for interpreters when requiring English would be far less complicated, or expensive.

Tu entiendes la constitucion?

Unsere Verfassung verstehe ich schon sehr gut.
Я очень хорошо понимаю нашей Конституции.

Apparently not.

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but the U.S. has become a dual language country. There are about 80 Spanish channels on cable TV. Many phone numbers you call will also have a Spanish option. I have a niece who applied for a job at a fast food restaurant once. But they wouldn't hire her because she wasn't bi-lingual. This isn't the kind of "America" I want. I say it is time to roll up the red carpet and put it away. Make the U.S. an English language only country!
I don't know if any of you have noticed, but the U.S. has become a dual language country. There are about 80 Spanish channels on cable TV. Many phone numbers you call will also have a Spanish option. I have a niece who applied for a job at a fast food restaurant once. But they wouldn't hire her because she wasn't bi-lingual. This isn't the kind of "America" I want. I say it is time to roll up the red carpet and put it away. Make the U.S. an English language only country!
I'd require both naturalized and American born citizens to learn the Constitution, Bill of Rights and local police procedures, and sign agreements to follow laws and police procedures, respect due process, not obstruct justice and to pay costs of prosecution, incarceration and restitution if convicted of a premeditated crime. If they don't have financial or legal ability, they would require a cosigner to act as legal guardian and accept financial responsibility if that person breaks the law. If they can't afford the cost of crimes, they can't enable anyone to impose that cost on others.

This should apply to Both natural born Americans and Naturalized citizens do there is NO discrimination. Law-abiding people would be rewarded with citizenship and anyone who breaks laws and has to work to pay restitution can trade places with immigrants applying for citizenship wiling to work for a living and obey laws in order to live here. Deported criminals can take over sweatshop labor for trafficked victims, where there is an exchange between each person sent to prison under this agreement, and each guest worker who applies for residency or citizenship, either short term or for life, during the length of that sentence.
Most Americans only know about the Second Amendment

The extremely obese Hispanic woman that didn't speak American that ran a stop sign and crashed into me was having a diabetic seizure. Que? I don't care. I can't communicate with her and that was HER fault, her illness precluded her from driving (she didn't have insurance OR a legal drivers licence, either). So I am screwed for the damage AND we have to pay for her medical treatment TOO, because some fat ass illegal incompetent creep has rights? Love that. Que?
Find out if she was a Mexican national. MaryL then join Trump and all other families he supports in suing Mexico.
Claim land along the Mexican side of the border as restitution and assign all undocumented nationals to claim residency there, where they can earn dual citizenship in exchange for working off and paying back for all debts damages and violations.
I voted trump, sorry kids. I don't want a wall, EITHER. I just want immigration laws enforced, particularly against exploitative employers that created this sorry mess to begin with. And, if you are here illegally, at least acclimate and learn English. Don't thumb your noses at us ,antagonize us in Spanish and pretend you are a victim. Acclimate.
The second generation is generally very fluent in English. With recent immigrants, some pick it up, some don't.
Just like it has always been

Maybe it's not the kind of America you want, but there are other people in America. Maybe a lot of people don't want to get shot, but too many people think it's important that some people get taken out with guns every so often.

Now people will definitely call me a Commie.
I think you got it backward

Forum List

Back