Time For An English Only Law.

eblasphemer

Nov 24, 2016
I don't know if any of you have noticed, but the U.S. has become a dual language country. There are about 80 Spanish channels on cable TV. Many phone numbers you call will also have a Spanish option. I have a niece who applied for a job at a fast food restaurant once. But they wouldn't hire her because she wasn't bi-lingual. This isn't the kind of "America" I want. I say it is time to roll up the red carpet and put it away. Make the U.S. an English language only country!

Last edited:
Pour que ? I get in a car accident, and then ask the moron that crashed into me "are you all right, can I help you? Some 300 LB Hispanic whale woman (?) says.. que? Stuff like that, where we need to have common language so we can help one another. This insistence on allowing multiple lingual groups to coexsit here is counterproductive and NOT what the spirit of Freedom of Speech was meant to be.

Pour que ? I get in a car accident, and then ask the moron that crashed into me "are you all right, can I help you? Some 300 LB Hispanic whale woman (?) says.. que? Stuff like that, where we need to have common language so we can help one another. This insistence on allowing multiple lingual groups to coexsit here is counterproductive and NOT what the spirit of Freedom of Speech was meant to be.

Eres una perra gorda y fea

The extremely obese Hispanic woman that didn't speak American that ran a stop sign and crashed into me was having a diabetic seizure. Que? I don't care. I can't communicate with her and that was HER fault, her illness precluded her from driving (she didn't have insurance OR a legal drivers licence, either). So I am screwed for the damage AND we have to pay for her medical treatment TOO, because some fat ass illegal incompetent creep has rights? Love that. Que?

The extremely obese Hispanic woman that didn't speak American that ran a stop sign and crashed into me was having a diabetic seizure. Que? I don't care. I can't communicate with her and that was HER fault, her illness precluded her from driving (she didn't have insurance OR a legal drivers licence, either). So I am screwed for the damage AND we have to pay for her medical treatment TOO, because some fat ass illegal incompetent creep has rights? Love that. Que?

Si no fueras una puta, no habría pasado

I have no problem with private business hiring only people who are bilingual. I do have an issue that official government papers, documents, etc being printed in multiple languages.

I have no problem with private business hiring only people who are bilingual. I do have an issue that official government papers, documents, etc being printed in multiple languages.
Por que?

También pagan impuestos

Another anecdote: Denver RTD bus drivers. The last time I rode a city bus, the driver (Somalian or Sudanese) had his brother/uncle relative sitting right behind him as an interpreter, ran numerous lights, missed stops etc. When I asked the driver a simple question, he had to ask his brother in the back seat to interpret. Going down Federal Avenue, I expected people to bring on goats, chickens and others to cling onto the roof or the bumper like in some third world country. And none of the other riders spoke English, either! This is insane.

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but the U.S. has become a dual language country. There are about 80 Spanish channels on cable TV. Many phone numbers you call will also have a Spanish option. I have a niece who applied for a job at a fast food restaurant once. But they wouldn't hire her because she wasn't bi-lingual. This isn't the kind of "America" I want. I say it is time to roll up the red carpet and put it away. Make the U.S. an English language only country!

Not gonna happen. Find another windmill to tilt at.

There's a completely un-American statement for ya.

You're self-conscious about your weight, aren't ya?

If America were to adopt English as its one and only official language, it would have NOTHING to do with the examples you provided. Those are private enterprises, who are free to pursue/accommodate customers whose first language is not English.

If the Federal government, or any state government, were to adopt English, all it would mean is that official government publications, election material, etc, would be in English only. I'm all for that.

If you're suggesting we should enforce English only on private businesses, I pass.

Forum List

Back