Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad May Be Based On Falsehood

No that isn't what I'm saying. I'm saying you're trying to equate the unborn with the born. If you order scrambled eggs for breakfast are you asking for dancing chickens?
What is your answer?

Sure sounds like that's what you're saying to me, you want to go with because the chicken isn't dancing it's not really a chicken. I'm not equating the unborn with the born, I'm equating the unborn with being human life. When an abortion happens that human life is terminated, ended, destroyed.

I will comment when you respect the conversation. Kind of silly to ignore simple questions and put words in others mouths and expect a response.

This is what you just did with me. As noted above, you said 'I'm saying you're trying to equate the unborn with the born'. YOU put words into MY mouth. I did answer your question, again, as noted above.

Explain your scrambled eggs/dancing chicken analogy cause I don't know what you mean by it.

I doubt it was illegal if medically indicated. If it were, that would make the law draconian and dangerous.

The real issue is that Tebow's mom is telling people to ignore medical advice. It worked out in her case. She was lucky.

Some of the illegal abortions women get in the Phillipines are by herbs. So yes, ingesting something to have an abortion is illegal there.

It didn't work out in her case, because she is obviously lying by saying a doctor suggested abortion in a country were abortion is completely and totally illegal.

Her story is a lie. She isn't lucky, she's a liar.

"Pennyroyal Tea".................

I wouldn't be so quick to call her a liar. There are medical indications for termination of a pregnancy. Any Doctor would admit that, and I doubt the laws of the country wouldn't make an exception for the life of the mother.

That's the point. It's been posted on this thread. The abortion law in the Philpines is total and complete. There is no expection for the woman's life. That's the point of this thread. That's why the woman is a liar.

Abortion in the Philippines-Reasons and Responsibilities

Sure sounds like that's what you're saying to me, you want to go with because the chicken isn't dancing it's not really a chicken. I'm not equating the unborn with the born, I'm equating the unborn with being human life. When an abortion happens that human life is terminated, ended, destroyed.

I will comment when you respect the conversation. Kind of silly to ignore simple questions and put words in others mouths and expect a response.

This is what you just did with me. As noted above, you said 'I'm saying you're trying to equate the unborn with the born'. YOU put words into MY mouth. I did answer your question, again, as noted above.

Explain your scrambled eggs/dancing chicken analogy cause I don't know what you mean by it.

OMG It's not hard to understand.

You say a cluster of cells in a uterus is a child.

Do you think that when you order eggs for breakfast you're going to get a chicken dinner?

The fact is that there are two parts of the "pro-choice" movement.

You have the people who profit from abortion, Planned Parenthood, Gloria Allred, NOW, NARAL, Emily's List etc. These are the people who could almost be termed Pro-abortion.

But, then you have the vast majority of pro-choice people. These are the people who do not profit from the procedure but look at the issue and whether or not they would ever consider the option of abortion, believe that the decision lies solely with the pregnant mother and that this is not something that the government should interfere with in any way whatsoever.

To claim that this second group is "pro-abortion" is not only wrong but detrimental to the cause of defending life. It is no less wrong than claiming that the pro-life movement is "anti-choice".

Immie

On that note, I see the "pro-life" movement as being similar with two distinct groups.

There are those that are truly "pro-life" and oppose any form of destruction of life, to include the death penalty and un-necessary war. I would put the Catholic Church in that catagory.

Then there are those who are simply "anti-abortion" and could give a flip about anything but that issue. I put FOTF in that catagory. For that group, I really think the abortion issue is simply a means to assimilate money and power.

Last edited:
Some of the illegal abortions women get in the Phillipines are by herbs. So yes, ingesting something to have an abortion is illegal there.

It didn't work out in her case, because she is obviously lying by saying a doctor suggested abortion in a country were abortion is completely and totally illegal.

I wouldn't be so quick to call her a liar. There are medical indications for termination of a pregnancy. Any Doctor would admit that, and I doubt the laws of the country wouldn't make an exception for the life of the mother.

That's the point. It's been posted on this thread. The abortion law in the Philpines is total and complete. There is no expection for the woman's life. That's the point of this thread. That's why the woman is a liar.

Simply because it is illegal in the Philippines does not mean that it does not happen.

My Gosh! Maybe the Pro-choice lobbyists have been lying to us all along. They tell us that before Roe women went to the back alleys to get illegal abortions and that if Roe is overturned it will happen all over again.

Are you claiming that is a lie?

Immie

Really? I must have missed that.

Wow, what a shitty law. Either way, the message is "ignore your doctors".

I think it's a truly inspirational story and see no reason why it shouldn't be told

all the people who are freaking out have no reason to, his mom chose life and now she has a wonderful son.

From wiki;

Tebow was born on August 14, 1987 in Manila in the Philippines, to Bob and Pam Tebow, who were serving as Christian missionaries at the time.[1] While pregnant, Pam suffered a life-threatening infection with a pathogenic amoeba. Because of the drugs used to rouse her from a coma and to treat her dysentery, the fetus experienced a severe placental abruption. Doctors expected a stillbirth and recommended an abortion to protect her life.[1] She carried Timothy to term, and both survived.

Simply because it is illegal in the Philippines does not mean that it does not happen.

My Gosh! Maybe the Pro-choice lobbyists have been lying to us all along. They tell us that before Roe women went to the back alleys to get illegal abortions and that if Roe is overturned it will happen all over again.

Immie

The problem is pure deception. They tried to say she didn't abort purely out of a moral conviction and we now know that is not true. Her choice was based on 6 in one hand and half a dozen in the other. A back door abortion would have been no less risky than continuing the pregnancy. She's looking like a WMD Palin reject that got tedowed by common sense.

I knew the liberal vampires would try to bring this poor kid down

keep talking, it will backfire right in your stupid abortion loving faces.

Simply because it is illegal in the Philippines does not mean that it does not happen. My Gosh! Maybe the Pro-choice lobbyists have been lying to us all along. They tell us that before Roe women went to the back alleys to get illegal abortions and that if Roe is overturned it will happen all over again.
Immie

The problem is pure deception. They tried to say she didn't abort purely out of a moral conviction and we now know that is not true. Her choice was based on 6 in one hand and half a dozen in the other. A back door abortion would have been no less risky than continuing the pregnancy. She's looking like a WMD Palin reject that got tedowed by common sense.

his parents were Christian missionaries. She was not going to have an abortion for any reason. She is not a liar.

Immie

I disagree. She had the "option" of an abortion. The fact that she chose not to exercise that option is her decision and the reason(s) that she made that choice is/are immaterial.

Also, you don't know what they are trying to say. You have not seen the ad. Until we do, we only have the protest groups outrage at the fact that Mrs Tebow chose life.

Immie

I knew the liberal vampires would try to bring this poor kid down

keep talking, it will backfire right in your stupid abortion loving faces.

I think telling future mothers to ignore medical advice and take a risk with their own life simply to fall in line with FOTF myopic stance on the "pro-life" issue is what will backfire.

As has been noted, this wasn't an issue where Tebow's mom had to make a decision based out of "convenience" or "social situation" or any of the other things that the pro-life group harps on.

Instead, this is a clear cut issue of trying to tell woman that they should carry a child even to the detriment of their own health.

If FOTF is going to go that route, they will quickly be marginalized. Most everyone agrees that abortion should be an option when the life of the mother is at stake.

She lived, he lived, if anyone was a liar it was the doctor

Oh bullshit. Doctors don't have a crystal ball. They just advise patients of the risk. A placental abruption is extremely dangerous as the woman has a real chance of going into septic shock/DIC. It's no different than pre-ecclampsia where the only sure fire way to treat it is to deliver the child (luckily PE generally happens when there is a chance that a premature infant can survive. There is still a huge risk that the child will not survive). Sticking you head in the sand about the risks behind pregnancy doesn't change the fact that there is a lot of risk with it.

This could have been a misdiagnosis or Mrs. Tebow could have been lucky.

That doesn't change the fact that there are medical indications for abortion and telling women to ignore them puts their lives at risk.

One anecdote doesn't change the basic facts of the issue.

BTW, you do realize that, until recent years, childbirth was one of the leading mortality factors for women, right?

Last edited:
From wiki;

Tebow was born on August 14, 1987 in Manila in the Philippines, to Bob and Pam Tebow, who were serving as Christian missionaries at the time.[1] While pregnant, Pam suffered a life-threatening infection with a pathogenic amoeba. Because of the drugs used to rouse her from a coma and to treat her dysentery, the fetus experienced a severe placental abruption. Doctors expected a stillbirth and recommended an abortion to protect her life.[1] She carried Timothy to term, and both survived.

Since anyone can change or add to wiki, that's not a valid source.

The truth is that abortion is illegal in the Phillipines, even when a woman's life is in danger. So a doctor would not recommend an illegal procedure as he could not perform it, legally.

Restrictions on Abortion

The Incidence of Induced Abortion in the Philippines: Current Level and Recent Trends

There is no doubt that abortion is illegal in the Phillipines.

Simply because it is illegal in the Philippines does not mean that it does not happen. My Gosh! Maybe the Pro-choice lobbyists have been lying to us all along. They tell us that before Roe women went to the back alleys to get illegal abortions and that if Roe is overturned it will happen all over again.
Immie

his parents were Christian missionaries. She was not going to have an abortion for any reason. She is not a liar.

She couldn't have had an abortion in the Phillipines. It's completely and totally illegal. Unless she went for a back alley abortion or used a coathanger herself, there's no way to get an abortion in the Phillipines.

The lie is that the doctor advised her to get one.

Maybe he wanted her to fly to the USA or another country where it's legal and get one......that's the only possible way he could have advised her to get an abortion. The doctor in the Phillipines could not legally save her life with an abortion.

Forum List

Back