Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad May Be Based On Falsehood

From the article:

The ad, which is expected to promote an anti-choice message, will be based on the theme "Celebrate Family, Celebrate Life.

Tim's mother had the options of abortion or carrying the baby to term. She opted for the latter; she chose to carry Tim to term.

Someone explain to me how this ad will promote an anti-choice message. Or is 'choice' only applicable when the choice made is abortion?

It appears his mother did not have a choice for two reasons. The first is it was illegal. The second is she had a position of no abortions. She couldn't make the choice to abort because abortion was not an option.
It will send the message that if you truly celebrate family then you will join the anti-Choice crowd and imply you really don't love life or your family.

All that being said. This has to be one of the dumbest fucking protests I've seen since prohibition.

Of course it was an option - an option recommended by her doctor - but it was an option that she did not choose.

Many people balk when 'pro-choice' is equated to 'pro-abortion' and yet . . . . when a woman is pregnant there are only two options, carry the pregnancy to term or abort. 'Anti-choice crowd'? Does choice only apply if the woman opts for abortion?

From the article:

The ad, which is expected to promote an anti-choice message, will be based on the theme "Celebrate Family, Celebrate Life.

Tim's mother had the options of abortion or carrying the baby to term. She opted for the latter; she chose to carry Tim to term.

Someone explain to me how this ad will promote an anti-choice message. Or is 'choice' only applicable when the choice made is abortion?

Yup, "Pro-Choice" is a pure bullshit name for their side of the issue, it's pro abortion and that's it that's all. If you choose life you don't fit their agenda.

Between the two it is the pro-life camp that has a bullshit term. Trying to tell others what to do with their bodies is not pro-life. By definition it is anti-choice. They don't want women to have the ability to make their own decisions. Pro-choice is accurate because it respects women's right to choose. It is ridiculous to claim being pro choice = pro abortion. If pro life means no abortions then pro abortion would be all abortions. Can you point out where the pro choice crowd advocates terminating all pregnancies? If you people think you can pull your bullshit you better log off and go watch some tv. This isn't amateur night.

From the article:

It appears his mother did not have a choice for two reasons. The first is it was illegal. The second is she had a position of no abortions. She couldn't make the choice to abort because abortion was not an option.
It will send the message that if you truly celebrate family then you will join the anti-Choice crowd and imply you really don't love life or your family.

All that being said. This has to be one of the dumbest fucking protests I've seen since prohibition.

Of course it was an option - an option recommended by her doctor - but it was an option that she did not choose.

Many people balk when 'pro-choice' is equated to 'pro-abortion' and yet . . . . when a woman is pregnant there are only two options, carry the pregnancy to term or abort. 'Anti-choice crowd'? Does choice only apply if the woman opts for abortion?

How was it an option if abortions were illegal? How was it an option if she had a position of no options?

From the article:

Yup, "Pro-Choice" is a pure bullshit name for their side of the issue, it's pro abortion and that's it that's all. If you choose life you don't fit their agenda.

Between the two it is the pro-life camp that has a bullshit term. Trying to tell others what to do with their bodies is not pro-life. By definition it is anti-choice. They don't want women to have the ability to make their own decisions. Pro-choice is accurate because it respects women's right to choose. It is ridiculous to claim being pro choice = pro abortion. If pro life means no abortions then pro abortion would be all abortions. Can you point out where the pro choice crowd advocates terminating all pregnancies? If you people think you can pull your bullshit you better log off and go watch some tv. This isn't amateur night.

That's the sticking point in the abortion debate. 'Pro-choice' says it's the woman's body to do with as she chooses; 'pro-life' say it's the unborn's body and thus, the unborn's life, that is affected.

Isn't a woman who has an abortion doing the very thing that she rebels against? Isn't she 'making the decision about what will happen to anothers (the unborn) body'?

How was it an option if abortions were illegal? How was it an option if she had a position of no options?

Illegal doesn't mean it can not happen. I'll wait until a better source other than HP presents information on this.

It's always an option; not taking it doesn't remove the option.

Does choice only apply if the woman opts for abortion? That's what I'm trying to understand here.

Illegal doesn't mean it can not happen. I'll wait until a better source other than HP presents information on this.

Does choice only apply if the woman opts for abortion? That's what I'm trying to understand here.

Opting to give birth is the weenie choice. You only are brave and independent if you opt to abort. Giving any credit to a woman who opts to give birth steals everyone elses thunder.

Opting to give birth is the weenie choice. You only are brave and independent if you opt to abort. Giving any credit to a woman who opts to give birth steals everyone elses thunder.

Weenies are part of why there is even a debate on this!! :lol:

That's the sticking point in the abortion debate. 'Pro-choice' says it's the woman's body to do with as she chooses; 'pro-life' say it's the unborn's body and thus, the unborn's life, that is affected.

Isn't a woman who has an abortion doing the very thing that she rebels against? Isn't she 'making the decision about what will happen to anothers (the unborn) body'?

You're trying to equate the unborn with the born. If you order scrambled eggs for breakfast are you asking for dancing chickens?

Wow. Someone actually fell for it. You have just helped prove Pro Choice is the only position on abortion.

From the article:

The ad is bad advice. But then again the beer ads are bad advice too.

From the article:

The ad is bad advice. But then again the beer ads are bad advice too.

Having children is bad advice? Please explain.

From the article:

Actually..........no.

Tebow's mother was a missionary in the Philippines during the pregnancy. She contracted and illness, and as a result of the illness and resulting toxic shock, her placenta ruptured. The doctors in the PI didn't have the required medical facilities, and the doctor recommended that she have an abortion to stay alive.

Recovering from something like that is hard enough in the States, at current technology, how much harder do you think it was when Tebow was born?

Some of you people have stated that you are against abortion, except in cases to save the mother, incest, or rape.

This was a medically recommended thing, by a qualified doctor, because her chances of survival, as well as the child's were in the very low end of the scale.

So, take your false, hypocritical umbrage over this ad being protested.

Like I said in another thread, I wouldn't mind it so much if they would just TELL THE FUCKING TRUTH AND NOT SPIN THEIR BULLSHIT INTO IT!

THAT is why I think the ad is fucked.

You're trying to equate the unborn with the born. If you order scrambled eggs for breakfast are you asking for dancing chickens?

Are you saying that what grows inside of a woman isn't human? Isn't life?

From the article:

Actually..........no.

Tebow's mother was a missionary in the Philippines during the pregnancy. She contracted and illness, and as a result of the illness and resulting toxic shock, her placenta ruptured. The doctors in the PI didn't have the required medical facilities, and the doctor recommended that she have an abortion to stay alive.

Recovering from something like that is hard enough in the States, at current technology, how much harder do you think it was when Tebow was born?

Some of you people have stated that you are against abortion, except in cases to save the mother, incest, or rape.

This was a medically recommended thing, by a qualified doctor, because her chances of survival, as well as the child's were in the very low end of the scale.

Like I said in another thread, I wouldn't mind it so much if they would just TELL THE FUCKING TRUTH AND NOT SPIN THEIR BULLSHIT INTO IT!

Exactly. And Tim's mother chose to carry her pregnancy to term, even knowing that it would risk both their lives.

Abortion doesn't get dibs on the pro-choice term but from people's reaction to this commercial it sure seems as if pro-choice = pro-abortion. Otherwise, why would they be so upset at her choice?

No that isn't what I'm saying. I'm saying you're trying to equate the unborn with the born. If you order scrambled eggs for breakfast are you asking for dancing chickens?
What is your answer?

I never heard of this tebow guy and can't help but wonder why anyone gives a flying fuck about what he says enough to warrant multiple threads

Hehe,

You must work too much! ;)

Or you are not from Florida. He's almost a god around here and to Gator fans... he is God.

Immie

From the article:

Actually..........no.

Exactly. And Tim's mother chose to carry her pregnancy to term, even knowing that it would risk both their lives.

Abortion doesn't get dibs on the pro-choice term but from people's reaction to this commercial it sure seems as if pro-choice = pro-abortion. Otherwise, why would they be so upset at her choice?

Name two people who are upset with her choice.

An egg by itself is nothing more than a potential something.

A sperm by itself is nothing more than a motile cell with potential to be something.

Right sperm meets right egg? It starts to divide and form more cells. At this time as well, it is STILL NOT A HUMAN.

At around the 40 day mark, the cells finally form a network of connections, and your nervous system is formed. At that time, the embryo is now capable of feeling pain.

THAT is when it's "human".

No that isn't what I'm saying. I'm saying you're trying to equate the unborn with the born. If you order scrambled eggs for breakfast are you asking for dancing chickens?
What is your answer?

Sure sounds like that's what you're saying to me, you want to go with because the chicken isn't dancing it's not really a chicken. I'm not equating the unborn with the born, I'm equating the unborn with being human life. When an abortion happens that human life is terminated, ended, destroyed.

An egg by itself is nothing more than a potential something.

A sperm by itself is nothing more than a motile cell with potential to be something.

Right sperm meets right egg? It starts to divide and form more cells. At this time as well, it is STILL NOT A HUMAN.

At around the 40 day mark, the cells finally form a network of connections, and your nervous system is formed. At that time, the embryo is now capable of feeling pain.

THAT is when it's "human".

A fully formed human? Nope. But it is human (if it isn't human then what is it?) and it is life (if it wasn't life then abortion wouldn't be needed to destroy it).

So because it's not a fully formed human capable of feeling pain . . . it isn't human at all?

Forum List

Back