Thugs...and What To Do With 'Em

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by PoliticalChic, Nov 3, 2011.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,010
    1. A petite young Bronx woman was pummeled into a coma by a thug who was furious that she was holding a parking space in the East Village, The Post has learned.

2. [Oscar] Fuller -- whose prior busts include weapons possession and felony assault -- jumped out and started screaming at Rosas when she claimed she was holding the space, police sources said.

3. Fuller then "punched [her] in the face with so much force that the woman flew off her feet," according to court papers.

4. A police source added, "The victim suffered permanent brain damage. It's uncertain whether or not she will survive her injuries."
    "Parking rage" thug Oscar Fuller puts Bronx woman, Lana Rosas in a coma - NYPOST.com

5. It was the hardest, fastest punch I've ever seen, Katherine Reilly told the Manhattan jury as she described FullerÂ’s strike against the 4-foot-11 Rosas, who was knocked into a coma. It sounded to me like a watermelon splitting open, the 27-year-old teacher said of the impact of Rosas head crashing against the pavement.
    Woman punched in East Village parking dispute*doesn

And, in a related story...

6. (Reuters) - A South Carolina sheriff who called for women to carry guns to defend themselves against assaults said on Tuesday he has received a positive response to his advice.
    "I don't want you to go for the Mace. I want you to go for the concealed weapons permit," the sheriff said, according to a video of his remarks.

"They got one called 'The Judge' that shoots a .45 or a .410 shell," he said. "You ain't gotta be accurate. You just gotta get close."
    Sheriff tells women to get guns to ward off attacks | Reuters

2. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    Do what Fidel would do.Straight to the morgue.

3. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,809
    Why do you need to ask? Is there some indication that the Bronx D.A. is not going to prosecute? We need to do what we always do in a Constitutional government.

4. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law, what else can we do?

5. OldUSAFSniper

OldUSAFSniper Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +868
    And the question in Oklahoma would be: If the maggott hit the woman that hard and knocked her off her feet, would it be a righteous shoot when a bystander who was carrying blew this little maggots head all over the wall?

If I was part of the jury, I would say that it was totally righteous.

Or perhaps there is a bleeding heart leftie our there that would like us to see if this pencil headed little prick was abused as a child?

6. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,167
    Early intervention. The genesis of this story began years before and the solution is not vigilante justice. An untrained or scared person discharging a firearm in the direction of a threat on a city street isn't a solution, it's a problem. The Sheriff is a fool.

7. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,010
    "Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that's it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force. The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gangbanger, and a single gay guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

...A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser. People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don't constitute lethal force watch too much TV,...

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation...and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act."
    why the gun is civilization. | the munchkin wrangler.

8. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,010
    Why do you belive that the only remediation is to wait until the act...such as the one which I believed I had sufficiently outlined in the OP...took place?

I don't want this thug convicted and imprisoned after he imprisoned his victim for life! Which on will get out of their prison sooner?

9. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    [​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,167
    "Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force."

That is one of the dumbest remarks I've read (it may even top some of those by CrusaderFrank and Willow Tree).

We have laws and when reason doesn't work incarceration is the answer. One might argue locking someone up is a form of force, but I suspect in this context PC was not thinking of prison when she posits force.

Force used without due diligence is never right under vigilantism. Recall Meursault's fate in The Stranger; use of force maybe justified in exigent circumstances, but some who wish for open carry laws may have a desire to use deadly force. And, of course one must consider the perp who so maliciously attacked this women would also be able to carry a firearm, if the gun nuts have their way.