Throw a deck of cards on the table and how many times do you get a house of cards?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
And yet, according to atheists, that is what happened in our universe.

We have galaxies, stars, planets, moons, asteroids, comets, all rotating in orderly fashion because of the laws of physics.

We have life on Earth, all the way from single celled creatures, to the self-aware advanced organism known as homo sapiens.

It could have just as easily gone the other way, and we'd have a disorganized stew of matter and energy without any order.

According to atheists, all this order, and complexity, and function, including the physical laws that make it all possible, are the result of random chance.

But the likelihood of that are less than the likelihood of throwing 52 cards on the table, and getting a neatly stacked house of cards.

We have galaxies, stars, planets, moons, asteroids, comets, all rotating in orderly fashion because of the laws of physics.

We have life on Earth, all the way from single celled creatures, to the self-aware advanced organism known as homo sapiens.

It could have just as easily gone the other way, and we'd have a disorganized stew of matter and energy without any order.

According to atheists, all this order, and complexity, and function, including the physical laws that make it all possible, are the result of random chance.

But the likelihood of that are less than the likelihood of throwing 52 cards on the table, and getting a neatly stacked house of cards.

Yea, you're right. It makes no sense. It make much more sense that a guy with a long beard living in the clouds made all this, and also buried a bunch of bones from animals that never existed just to test your faith.

atheism.jpg

Given enough time, inorganic molecules will combine to complex molecules. Those complex molecules will be able to make copies of themselves. Those copies will be imprecise and some will be better adapted to their environment than others and live longer to make more copies of themselves. Those complex organisms will evolve into millions of branches that will eventually create a creature capable of making playing cards and bored enough to want to arrange them into houses.

Given enough time, inorganic molecules will combine to complex molecules. Those complex molecules will be able to make copies of themselves. Those copies will be imprecise and some will be better adapted to their environment than others and live longer to make more copies of themselves. Those complex organisms will evolve into millions of branches that will eventually create a creature capable of making playing cards and bored enough to want to arrange them into houses.
^^^^^^ great science fiction. .... :cuckoo:

^^^^^^ I really like science fiction. .... :cool:

Yes, it's difficult to believe any intelligent creature would be bored enough to want to arrange playing cards into houses. Perhaps it's just a metaphor?

That's silly, it makes more sense that a guy in the clouds made it all in 6 days.

And who or what created God again?
God wasn't created.....He has always existed. ... :cool:[/QUOTE]
Hmm, maybe those molecules always existed. It's a no win. Believe what you want, and if you need to pray to a god to know how to treat people and understand how to be a good person, then pray away bro.

And who or what created God again?
God wasn't created.....He has always existed. ... :cool:
Hmm, maybe those molecules always existed. It's a no win. Believe what you want, and if you need to pray to a god to know how to treat people and understand how to be a good person, then pray away bro.[/QUOTE]

The Universe is, by definition, infinite in both time and space. The exact design of the infinity eludes us for now. Perhaps an infinite number of finite universes in a multiverse. It's impossible to know with our limited observational techniques and incredibly short lifespans. But, eventually, we may know.

In such a complex and vast universe, there is room for a acceptance of the evidence of molecular biology and a belief in an infinite G-d. In some Jewish philosophy, G-d IS the infinite universe. If find that a particularly comforting belief system.

I hope to live the life of a heathen, then ask for forgiveness just before I croak.

I hope to live the life of a heathen, then ask for forgiveness just before I croak.

That is the safest bet.

And yet, what if God reacts like I did when my kids told me that they washed their hands, and I didn't quite take their word for it.

Maybe he has a sniff test for the soul.

Heck yeah. I'll just have to do it really really fast.

Yea, you're right. It makes no sense. It make much more sense that a guy with a long beard living in the clouds made all this, and also buried a bunch of bones from animals that never existed just to test your faith.
I don't know who you're talking about, because I believe none of this.

Forum List

Back