A "moderate" Muslim would be the equivalent of a "recovering" Catholic

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
A "moderate" Muslim would be the equivalent of a "recovering" Catholic.

And what I mean by that is a person who was raised in the faith, but no longer practices it or takes it seriously as a way to determine how to live his life.

A devout Muslim will be the man who most believes in jihad, which is a holy struggle to spread the Muslim faith through violence against non-believers.

And there is nothing "extreme" about the beliefs of a devout Muslim, he is a mainstream Muslim, and many millions of Muslims share this belief in jihad and follow it in their daily lives.

The only way, in the long run, to solve the terrorism problem, is to bribe the imams to teach a new version of Islam that ignores the words of the Koran, but instead teach doctrines that can be found in the Christian faith, like "love thy neighbor" and "thou shalt not kill."

If this proves insufficient, then we must knock down all the mosques, all the religious schools, and ban the Islamic faith.

A "moderate" Muslim would be the equivalent of a "recovering" Catholic.

And what I mean by that is a person who was raised in the faith, but no longer practices it or takes it seriously as a way to determine how to live his life.

A devout Muslim will be the man who most believes in jihad, which is a holy struggle to spread the Muslim faith through violence against non-believers.

And there is nothing "extreme" about the beliefs of a devout Muslim, he is a mainstream Muslim, and many millions of Muslims share this belief in jihad and follow it in their daily lives.

The only way, in the long run, to solve the terrorism problem, is to bribe the imams to teach a new version of Islam that ignores the words of the Koran, but instead teach doctrines that can be found in the Christian faith, like "love thy neighbor" and "thou shalt not kill."

If this proves insufficient, then we must knock down all the mosques, all the religious schools, and ban the Islamic faith.

almost, rock-----but you push it a bit too far. The koranic scholars need (IMHO) to take another
look at the Koran and do some RE-INTERPRETING. Re-interpretation saved Judaism way back
at the time of Ezra and it has progressively saved Christianity ----sect by sect. -------there is WIGGLE
room inherent in all of the scriptural writings------even DA VEDAS. IMHO----the biggest flaw in islam
is the notion that MUHUMMAD was perfect in all ways. -----------I do not want to "boast" (yeah right) ---but
even Moses was not perfect. It worked in Judaism and in Christianity---(sorta) I might workout
in islam too. -------

Actually Evangelicals are a lot like zealot Muslims.

not even close unless you include a very few psychotics. rocks comment re "standard islam" is correct.
The islam taught in community mosques is not all that much different from that taught by
BIG DADDY BAGHDADDY. I never heard of an evangelical church engaged in routine
executions in the backyard

Forum List

Back