How your credit card could pay you $150 per month for the privilege of them having you as a client

Hang on Sloopy

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2015
for years i've been using a visa card that has an outrageous point program for a gift card program

every other month i sign up for their 20 times bonus points....many merchandisers are on a list for more bonus points if you frequent them

i use this credit card for 99% of all my purchases.........everything that accepts a card including utilities and other routine expenses is used....even 3 dollar purchases

well this adds up to roughly 3500 per month which obviously is paid off each month.................all our monthly expenses usually works out to 3-4k a month...............all monthly bills are paid off in one debit transaction...............bodda-bing......plus you can track your overall monthly expenses and audit statement each month with your receipts

so for all that effort it averages out to 150 dollars per month.....yep it does

when i use shell gas, i get extra points for doing it plus an option of 50 cents of a gallon using those points......................i get 50 cents off each gallon credited towards the points..................50 cents off for using a credit card

then i order gift cards from home depot and such........................everything i get at home depot is free from using a credit card

so that is 1800 per yr or around 2500 in w2 wages......some people could live a month with that 1800..so that is a months free living a year using a credit card

thank you very little

• Banned
I suspect 87% of the people that avail themselves of the cards don't have the means (or smarts) to pay them off every month like we do.
If you can't pay for it in cash, don't put it on a card.

I beat you by two years. ;)

All of them. 😐
Meh, I wasn't ready until fall of 2022. I put the company up for sale in february and my top management pooled resources, found a couple of investors, and bought it in march. I'm still on call as a consultant for a couple more years though.

I have 5% back on Grocery, Entertainment and Travel
3% on everything else.

I earn between $80-$100 month. I pay the balance off 1 day before interest rolls.

Forum List

Back