Three-year-old shoots and kills baby sister in California

I don't consider 19 y/o gangbangers 'children'.
'Children' don't vote, join the military, or are allowed freedom from parental control, or Emancipation (in some states it's age 16). Children under a certain age are not considered responsible or accountable. Globally the age of responsibility is early to mid-teens.

Age of criminal responsibility - Wikipedia

Tammi has never left Wales; his Mom won't let him leave the village, in fact.

This is not the guns fault. This is the parents fault. Guns safes and trigger locks are the solution to this particular problem. I have owned fire arms all my life and have had zero mishaps with them. Not every one is responsible enough to own one. That does not mean I should be precluded from owning one. We live in a word where they have to put warning signs on heavy things that could fall over. If a person is not smart enough to realize something as basic as thus there is no hope for eliminating. Such things from happening.

The incident was reported at 7.30am local time on Monday when the San Diego County Sheriff's Department received a call about a shooting at a home in Fallbrook, about 56 miles north of San Diego.

They said that deputies arrived and confirmed a toddler had managed to get hold of an "unsecured handgun" and the one-year-old had sustained a head injury.

These events seem to be happening more and more. And yet nothing ever gets done. There doesnt even appear to be punishment for the parents. It appears to be an acceptable risk in the fight to retain guns.

I wonder if this type of incident is what the founders envisaged ?
It is growing because more and more people are dumbass leftist fools like you. Come over here and get a gun. You won't last a month

We need child-proof trigger locks for parents with young children. Just like those child-proof bleach bottles, or prescription drug containers.

I had a 45 from Germany ..and I kept it unloaded in a hatbox in the top of my closet.

My 2 year old found it. Never underestimate the little monkeys.

This is not the guns fault. This is the parents fault. Guns safes and trigger locks are the solution to this particular problem. I have owned fire arms all my life and have had zero mishaps with them. Not every one is responsible enough to own one. That does not mean I should be precluded from owning one. We live in a word where they have to put warning signs on heavy things that could fall over. If a person is not smart enough to realize something as basic as thus there is no hope for eliminating. Such things from happening.
My SIL in Atlanta had a holster on the back of her headboard until she woke up to find her 18 month old daughter holding the 38.

Great. You're a responsible gun owner. Me too. Grew up with guns in the house all my life (hunting is a big part of growing up in Montana). I was taught from a very young age about being responsible with firearms and how to handle them safely. Unfortunately, not everyone is so blessed as to have that experience.

Personal opinion? If a person shows they are responsible enough to own a gun, let them have what they think they need (there were over 30 guns in my Uncle Bill's house as well as 5 kids, but we ALL knew how to handle guns and shoot), but I also think that if anyone has shown they can't be responsible with it, they should not be allowed to have one. Unfortunately, that statement will always get the gun rights advocate up in arms because they will then scream "2nd Amendment" and that all citizens should be allowed to own firearms.

No. Not everyone is responsible enough to do so. We take away drivers licenses from people who have shown they can't responsibly operate a car, so why can't we do the same with gun owners? Oh wait.................forgot..................2nd Amendment.

Great. You're a responsible gun owner. Me too. Grew up with guns in the house all my life (hunting is a big part of growing up in Montana). I was taught from a very young age about being responsible with firearms and how to handle them safely. Unfortunately, not everyone is so blessed as to have that experience.

Personal opinion? If a person shows they are responsible enough to own a gun, let them have what they think they need (there were over 30 guns in my Uncle Bill's house as well as 5 kids, but we ALL knew how to handle guns and shoot), but I also think that if anyone has shown they can't be responsible with it, they should not be allowed to have one. Unfortunately, that statement will always get the gun rights advocate up in arms because they will then scream "2nd Amendment" and that all citizens should be allowed to own firearms.

No. Not everyone is responsible enough to do so. We take away drivers licenses from people who have shown they can't responsibly operate a car, so why can't we do the same with gun owners? Oh wait.................forgot..................2nd Amendment.
not seeing in the 2nd A where responsible is defined??

as for driving,, we only take their license after they fuck up.. OH,, driving isnt a right,,

You talk about common sense. There is no requirement to have common sense, in order to buy a gun. There are no tests, written or practical needed. You don't even have to demonstrate you know how to use a gun.

My SIL in Atlanta had a holster on the back of her headboard until she woke up to find her 18 month old daughter holding the 38.
I just don't know how to respond to that other than SIL is not a good candidate for gun ownership. I suppose one should have to take a safety and care test to own one. Safety and care was drilled into my head by my uncle and grandfather starting at the age of 8. It took almost a year before they would allow me to use it in the field. It is a tool that demands you respect it or bad things happen.

You talk about common sense. There is no requirement to have common sense, in order to buy a gun. There are no tests, written or practical needed. You don't even have to demonstrate you know how to use a gun.
as it should be,,

and common sense is relative to whats common,,,

to dems its common to abuse children,,

Guns are the leading cause of death for US children and teens, since surpassing car accidents in 2020. Firearms accounted for nearly 19% of childhood deaths (ages 1-18) in 2021, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Wonder database.Mar 29, 2023
Betcha the stats are a lot worse for children from 1-35. Lol

Forum List

Back