Three times they denied God: New GOP advertisement

Republicans continue to use God as a tool.

The left live in a world that is all about "me" and look to negatives that they can criticize to justify themselves. Ego is their higher power and hubris is their sword. The idea of spiritual values like empathy, humility, service to others and faith in something greater than themselves is as a hot coal to their beliefs. Angels and miracles do not exist because there's no explanation. Unfortunately the Democrats of faith are swept up by party loyalty, but they have a choice and can vote their conscience. Just have faith!

And because a lot of people believe it that makes it true? Most children believe in Santa Clause he must be real then.

No, it doesn't make it true - no more that all the Hollywood morons believing in AGW and Gaea makes that true.

But I do encourage democrats to attack religion and God, it's a winning strategy that can only endear you to 92% of the population.

I think Obama should burn a Bible on stage tonight.

Seriously, it's a winning strategy.

The situation that we witnessed with the Democrats denying the Lord three times reminds me of Peter.

And Christ's prophecy. Jesus said to him, “Truly, I tell you, this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times.”

Here's the ad:

Three Times. - YouTube

Exaggeration will get you nowhere. The issue you cited has to do with democrats declaring Jerusalem as capital of Israel. True, the majority responded "Yea" and the majority at the same time responded "Nay."

Let the record show that neither Israel nor the Jews is the God of Creation. Thus, rejecting dynasty Israel has nothing to do with one's acceptance of God: Fact are, Israel and the nation Israel are purely creation of holytexts: Meaning without holytexts, the nation Israel in fact does not exists.

And FYI: There exists a big difference between Israeli/Israelite and Jew. An Israeli is a descendant of Israel aka Jacob, a grandson of Abraham - Genesis 35:10, whereas a Jew is simply a practitioner of Judaism, the professed religion of the Israelites/Israelis. While an Israeli may be a Jew, a Jew is not necessarily an Israeli. And as if we did not have enough trouble in attempting to establish a nation for dynasty Israel, the matter is further muddied with the crazy notion of the creation of a Jewish nation! I guess the next step will be to create a nation or continent for Christians, or Muslims, or Wiccans, etc.

Nonsense. God is a central figure in most republicans' lives, therefore he's important to them. And, most people believe in god. Why not try to attract voters based on the focus of god in the party?
Baloney.

The GOP use their God, the Father of lies, for political purposes only. There is nothing even remotely Godly about the Republican lifestyle.

Perhaps, perhaps not. But consider the following article:

More Than 9 in 10 Americans Continue to Believe in God

Whether it's a tool or not, it's not good advertising for liberals to have the DNC screaming "no" when asked if they want to return the word "God" to their platform.

Hey, guy, shouldn't you use the Ferengi symbol for Romney... It would seem to work better.

I mean, that guy's no Klingon. Klingons don't run to France to do missionary work when there's a war.

Anyway back to this phony bullshit. The Democrats changed "God-given ability" with "ability", and the religious whackos went apeshit. I'm really kind of sorry the Dems caved on this one.

92% of Americans.

It's cool that you leftist piss on them.

And because a lot of people believe it that makes it true? Most children believe in Santa Clause he must be real then.

The fact that you don't believe in God, does not man that God does not exist. It just means you are not the brightest bulb in the string.

So I'll tell you what, let's do the "God Test".

We throw you off the top of the Sears Tower. If God catches you on the way down, I will totally convert to your religion and sign over all my worldly goods.

Any takers?

Perhaps, perhaps not. But consider the following article:

More Than 9 in 10 Americans Continue to Believe in God

Whether it's a tool or not, it's not good advertising for liberals to have the DNC screaming "no" when asked if they want to return the word "God" to their platform.

Hey, guy, shouldn't you use the Ferengi symbol for Romney... It would seem to work better.

Shouldn't you use the phrase "Closet Bigoted Liberal" instead of "Eisenhower Republican"? It would seem to work better.
Anyway back to this phony bullshit. The Democrats changed "God-given ability" with "ability", and the religious whackos went apeshit. I'm really kind of sorry the Dems caved on this one.

I am not surprised you are given your blatant bigotry of Romney's religion. Regardless, you conveniently overlook the point I made. It matters not whether you or I specifically agree. What matters is the 90%+ of the American people who believe in God and just heard the DNC boo His name.

Now...don't start with the "that's not what happened...they didn't boo God" shit. It doesn't matter if they did or didn't. That was the point I made to Ravi (which clearly she got and you didn't). What matters is that people will perceive it that way and perception is more important than reality. Will it have a huge effect? No...I doubt it will swing more than half of a percent for more than a week. But in an election this razor thin....I wouldn't want to be pissing away fractions of percentages would you?

I mean...the Hispanic community has a pretty solid history of Catholicism. Think that will play well to them? Think that sound byte will play well in Iowa which right now is an absolutely critical swing state? People in New York may not care but big deal. That state is not in question. Iowa...that's a much different story.

As usual your arguments lack depth of understanding, Joe and are tainted by your inherent bigotry. It's a shame too. At one time you occasionally made a decent point. Unfortunately your "I hate all Mormons" routine has placed you with the likes of RDean and TM.

Last edited:

The fact that you don't believe in God, does not man that God does not exist. It just means you are not the brightest bulb in the string.

We throw you off the top of the Sears Tower. If God catches you on the way down, I will totally convert to your religion and sign over all my worldly goods.

Any takers?

I have a counter. Let's throw you off first, your point will be confirmed by the splatter and I will drink to your victory.

Shouldn't you use the phrase "Closet Bigoted Liberal" instead of "Eisenhower Republican"? It would seem to work better.

Not at all. I really haven't moved that much since 1980, when I first voted for Reagan.

You guys are the ones who let your party get hijacked by religious crazies, militarists and corporate bloodsuckers, all of whom Ike distrusted for good reasons.

And now you are nominating a weirdo who thinks he's wearing magic underwear and thinks he's going to rule his own planet in the afterlife...

I am not surprised you are given your blatant bigotry of Romney's religion. Regardless, you conveniently overlook the point I made. It matters not whether you or I specifically agree. What matters is the 90%+ of the American people who believe in God and just heard the DNC boo His name.

I think most Americans realize that modern Republicans (not decent ones like Ike and even Reagan) have nothing to do with what Jesus was talking about. So, no, this is bullshit and everyone will see it as such.

I mean...the Hispanic community has a pretty solid history of Catholicism. Think that will play well to them? Think that sound byte will play well in Iowa which right now is an absolutely critical swing state? People in New York may not care but big deal. That state is not in question. Iowa...that's a much different story.

Um, guy, no one will be talking about this after Saturday... and everyone knows what actually went on. That the GOP is even trying this shit shows their level of desperation.

They're like the guy who can't get laid in a whorehouse.

As usual your arguments lack depth of understanding, Joe and are tainted by your inherent bigotry. It's a shame too. At one time you occasionally made a decent point. Unfortunately your "I hate all Mormons" routine has placed you with the likes of RDean and TM.

Ahhh, your tired refrain when you can't answer a point intelligently.

"You just hate him because he's a Moooooooooooooormon!"

Even if I don't talk about Mormomism, you'll whine about it. Especially when you can't answer the point.

Any takers?

I have a counter. Let's throw you off first, your point will be confirmed by the splatter and I will drink to your victory.

You miss the point. I already KNOW a magic sky man won't save me... so I'd never try it.

I knew there wasn't a magic sky man when my mom died of cancer despite everyone praying for her.

But the thing is, all you religionists who cynically cite God to try to get working people to vote to get screwed harder by big corporations... you know there isn't a magic Sky Man who is going to catch you, either...

Wow, it took a lot of guts to affirm why we have a separation of church and state. I gotta give credit to the democrats who said 'no' to a piece of empty platform rhetoric that means nothing, your faith and your actions matter, not empty talk.

"The Godless Constitution is an urgent and timely reexamination of the roots of church-state separation in American politics - and a ringing refutation of the misguided claims of the religious right. In this important polemic two distinguished scholars of American political ideas and religion refute this dangerous attempt to introduce what they term "religious correctness" into our politics, by reminding us that the absence of any mention of God in the Constitution was a conscious action on the framers' part, intended to prevent the bloody religious controversies that so marked European history. They also emphasize that church-state separation was seen as a guarantee of - not a hindrance to - religions liberty. Fully respecting the importance of religion in the public sphere, yet forthright in defining proper limits, The Godless Constitution offers a bracing return to the first principles of American democracy - and a guide to keeping them intact in the forthcoming presidential campaign." [ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Godless-Constitution-Religious-Correctness/dp/039331524X]Amazon.com: The Godless Constitution: The Case Against Religious Correctness (9780393315240): Isaac Kramnick, R. Laurence Moore: Books[/ame]

Last edited:
A new development.

Blatant open going for the religious vote.
Could it be becuase Romney is a moremoan?

It would be interesting to know how many of the undecideds consider themselves to be devout Christians, and how many are committed atheists or agnostics. I'd imagine they're the only people who would be swayed by this.

It's gonna be kind of hard for the Democrats to sell themselves as evangelists now.

Forum List

Back