Thou shall not bear false witness against Obama

Speaking of single-payer I've been browsing the interwebz tonight and many in congress are for single-payer. The public option is the government's foot in the door on this and once in, single-payer will follow. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but someday soon and forever. All ewes need to stop bleating "no it won't" and wake the hell up.

i am not saying it won't zoom, i'm saying it won't unless it proves itself to be just as good as private insurance and for less money than private insurance...consistently for at least 5-10 years....

if this reform reduces costs for private insurance as planned, then the American people, will have no interest in a single payer plan...and there will be no need for a single payer plan for cutting out the middle man costs.

Speaking of single-payer I've been browsing the interwebz tonight and many in congress are for single-payer. The public option is the government's foot in the door on this and once in, single-payer will follow. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but someday soon and forever. All ewes need to stop bleating "no it won't" and wake the hell up.

i am not saying it won't zoom, i'm saying it won't unless it proves itself to be just as good as private insurance and for less money than private insurance...consistently for at least 5-10 years....

if this reform reduces costs for private insurance as planned, then the American people, will have no interest in a single payer plan...and there will be no need for a single payer plan for cutting out the middle man costs.

Care, I can't tell you how much I disagree with you. The public option will lead to single payer, it's what they want, its' what they've wanted all along. The public option is their foot in the door.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3BS4C9el98&NR=1]YouTube - Single Payer Action Confronts Barney Frank[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWXRwrYa4oU]YouTube - Dennis Kucinich-HealthCare briefing in Washington, DC[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOqE4dzsDgk&feature=PlayList&p=62CDEA18F5A5472B&index=0&playnext=1]YouTube - Weiner Pushes for Single-Payer Plan[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb-6QfxqKnk]YouTube - Arlen Specter Announces He Wants Single Payer Healthcare At Obamacare Town Hall[/ame] (on the Specter one, fast forward to 4:30, I think he states it around 4:50 or so)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-bY92mcOdk]YouTube - SHOCK UNCOVERED: Obama IN HIS OWN WORDS saying His Health Care Plan will ELIMINATE private insurance[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32AOsLciajc]YouTube - Glenn Beck - Obama Lies About Healthcare Plan[/ame] (on Becks fast forward to 1:20 for Sen. Feingold's statements)

How much more 'proof' do you need?

i thought over 80% of the small business are exempt from such penalty in this bill because they are too small?

the insurance policies will vary as much as they do now immie, only a hand full of things, no cap, carry policy with you if you lose job,preexisting condition ok etc will be the same, but what a private insurer covers, so many mri's, so many annual visits, so much on drug coverage, transplants if necessary etc, mental health visits a year etc is up to the private insurer, as it is now....the exchange will let you easily see these differences....even if this reform does not pass, these insurance exchanges are a good idea imo.

They are not exempt if they have a payroll over 250k a year, most small businesses have a payroll exceeding 250k a year, because, at 250k a year, it only takes 8 employees at 31k a year to meet a 250k a year payroll.

i think that most ''small businesses'' in the usa might actually be single owner/worker businesses, thus the reason for so many exemptions??? I do need to dig deeper to truly understand what i have quoted regarding this....!!!

care

http://www.sba.gov/idc/groups/public/documents/sba_homepage/serv_sstd_tablepdf.pdf

Small Business Administration - Summary of Size Standards by Industry
Construction

General building and heavy construction contractors: $33.5 million
Special trade construction contractors: $14 million
Land subdivision: $7 million
Dredging: $20 million

Manufacturing

About 75 percent of the manufacturing industries: 500 employees
A small number of industries: 1,500 employees
The balance: either 750 or 1,000 employees

Mining

All mining industries, except mining services: 500 employees

Retail Trade

Most retail trade industries: $7 million
A few (such as grocery stores, department stores, motor vehicle dealers and electrical appliance dealers), have higher size standards, but none above $35.5 million.

Services

Most common: $7 million
Computer programming, data processing and systems design: $25 million
Engineering and architectural services and a few other industries have different size standards.
The highest annual-receipts size standard in any service industry: $35.5 million
Research and development and environmental remediation services: the only service industries with size standards stated in number of employees

Wholesale Trade

For small business Federal contracts: 100 employees, and the firm must deliver the product of a small domestic manufacturer, as set forth in SBA’s nonmanufacturer rule, unless waived by the SBA for a particular class of product. For procurements made under the Simplified Acquisition Procedures of the FAR and where the purchase does not exceed $25,000, the nonmanufacturer may deliver the goods of any domestic manufacturer.
For loans and all other programs: 100 employees is applicable for all industries.

Other Industries

Divisions include agriculture; transportation, communications, electric, gas, and sanitary services; and finance, insurance and real estate.
Because of wide variation in the structure of industries in these divisions, there is no common pattern of size standards.
For specific size standards as of January 1 of each year, refer to the size regulations in 13 CFR §121.201. SBA's Table of Small Business Size Standards includes all changes and modifications made since January 1 of the most recent year

And under the FMLA, if not a government entity, a business is not required to comply, unless has 50 or more employees

EMPLOYER.--
IN GENERAL.--The term "employer"
means any person engaged in commerce or in any industry or activity affecting commerce who employs 50 or more employees for each working day during each of 20 or more calendar workweeks in the current or preceding calendar year;
includes--
any person who acts, directly or indirectly, in the interest of an employer to any of the employees of such employer; and
any successor in interest of an employer; and

U.S. Department of Labor — Employment Standards Administration (ESA) — Wage and Hour Division (WHD) — The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993

Small businesses are not just mom and pop stand and in fact can and will be incorporated as well.

Care, I can't tell you how much I disagree with you. The public option will lead to single payer, it's what they want, its' what they've wanted all along. The public option is their foot in the door.

YouTube - Single Payer Action Confronts Barney Frank

YouTube - Dennis Kucinich-HealthCare briefing in Washington, DC

YouTube - Weiner Pushes for Single-Payer Plan

YouTube - Arlen Specter Announces He Wants Single Payer Healthcare At Obamacare Town Hall (on the Specter one, fast forward to 4:30, I think he states it around 4:50 or so)

YouTube - SHOCK UNCOVERED: Obama IN HIS OWN WORDS saying His Health Care Plan will ELIMINATE private insurance

YouTube - Glenn Beck - Obama Lies About Healthcare Plan (on Becks fast forward to 1:20 for Sen. Feingold's statements)

I don't think it matters how many time you drop the hammer on some people .They hear what they want to hear and the think what the kool aid tells them to think.
They can have their own opinions, they want their own facts, but it doesn't work that way.

Last edited:

YouTube - Single Payer Action Confronts Barney Frank

YouTube - Dennis Kucinich-HealthCare briefing in Washington, DC

YouTube - Weiner Pushes for Single-Payer Plan

YouTube - Arlen Specter Announces He Wants Single Payer Healthcare At Obamacare Town Hall (on the Specter one, fast forward to 4:30, I think he states it around 4:50 or so)

YouTube - SHOCK UNCOVERED: Obama IN HIS OWN WORDS saying His Health Care Plan will ELIMINATE private insurance

YouTube - Glenn Beck - Obama Lies About Healthcare Plan (on Becks fast forward to 1:20 for Sen. Feingold's statements)

I don't think it matters how many time you drop the hammer on some people .They hear what they want to hear and the think what the kool aid tells them to think.
They can have their own opinions, they want their own facts, but it doesn't work that way.

Oh, I know that many would like to see a single payer option and their own goals are to try to make this happen. Obama used this in his campaign against Hillary...that his health plan would be a single payer plan....she used the Private insurance companies for her plan.

Barney Franks has always wanted to see a single payer plan, nothing knew.

HOWEVER, these few people that would like to see a single payer plan without the middle man in the picture, are few and far between and are also officials that are ELECTED....I don't see any of these people having the support that they would need for such a plan.

Oh, I know that many would like to see a single payer option and their own goals are to try to make this happen. Obama used this in his campaign against Hillary...that his health plan would be a single payer plan....she used the Private insurance companies for her plan.

HOWEVER, these few people that would like to see a single payer plan without the middle man in the picture, are few and far between and are also officials that are ELECTED

And one of them just happens to be the POTUS for the next 3 - or possibly 7 - years. They're not as few and far between as you think.

....I don't see any of these people having the support that they would need for such a plan.

They need to get their foot in the door first and the public option is their way in. One step at a time still gets you to where you're going.

HOWEVER, these few people that would like to see a single payer plan without the middle man in the picture, are few and far between and are also officials that are ELECTED....I don't see any of these people having the support that they would need for such a plan.

Are you kidding?

Just look at the blind support that the liberals on site have given to the Health Care "Reform" proposed by Congress recently. Very few (you and one or two others) have come up with any kind of argument that did not exclusively state "you are a fear monger" or "you are a liar" or "that's a lie". At least you, veritas, and edthecynic (can't think of any others at the moment) have stated why you support the plan. The only argument that it seems anyone else can come up with is "you are a fear monger" and that is not an argument.

If Congress went after a single payer plan, these liberals here, would be down on their knees kissing Congress' ever loving ass.

Immie

HOWEVER, these few people that would like to see a single payer plan without the middle man in the picture, are few and far between and are also officials that are ELECTED

And one of them just happens to be the POTUS for the next 3 - or possibly 7 - years. They're not as few and far between as you think.

....I don't see any of these people having the support that they would need for such a plan.

They need to get their foot in the door first and the public option is their way in. One step at a time still gets you to where you're going.

Yup.

:D

Yup.

:D

Thank you for a least admitting it and not screaming 'no, it's not'.

It's his "moral authority" to say that we must be our brother's keeper? :confused:

Too little, too late.

The concept that we are our brothers keepers was adopted by the FDR administration circa 1935. While the Republicans opposed it at the time , they failed or refused repudiate its tenets even though there have been many Republican administrations since FDR.

The SCOTUS ruled that his programs were unconstitutional but he threatened to abolish the Court and in order to avoid a constitutitonal crisis the SCOTUS subsequently caved in.

"any country that elects Roosevelt three times deserves no protection. ..."

James Clark McReynolds
US Supreme Court Justice

Ame®icano;1447569 said:

Let's recap:

When President Bush APPEARED to "bow" it was to receive a medal.

When President Obama DID bow, it was for the purpose of bowing.

I guess the bottom line is: sometimes context actually DOES help to set the record straight.

Without context it could all get we weed up.

Yes, context does matter.

Seen the pic of President Obama checking out the girls butt?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGrx7YjR8po]YouTube - Obama and Sarkozy Checking Out Girl's Butt[/ame]

I must admit that when I first saw the photo I laughed and thought, Hey he's only doing what we all do, what is the big deal? But really he wasn't :D

Immie

I agree.

In fact, I even commented about it at the time that it looked to me like maybe the President was NOT actually being an overt sexist pig. It was the context that led me to come to that conclusion. Regretfully. I'd have had more fun if he had just been a lecherous kinda guy.

I just don't know how it becomes any clearer that Obama supports a single payer system

Is it in any legilsation that you have seen?

You asked for a quote, dipshit, and said if he had supported it, you'd accept it.

You got a video, which you claim you can't watch, AND a quote, which was re-iterated multiple times.

Now you're wanting to see that he supported legislation instead.

Give up, hack.

P.S...are you American or just another foreign loser who comes here to fuck with us?

Forum List

Back