Thou shall not bear false witness against Obama

What happens after those 5 years are up?

At any time during the 5 years or after the 5 years, the policy holder or buyer goes to the Insurance Exchange to shop for a new policy...the private insurance company you have now, and all other Private insurance companies will have insurance policies available for you or your employer in your name, can buy....the Insurance Exchange is a ONE STOP SHOP for health Insurance, where they have to define their policies and benefits and cost, in simple comparable terms, so that those buying a policy can know what they are buying and how it compares. The Same insurance company that you have grandfathered will be on the Insurance exchange with their authorized policies that have to also cover existing medical issues, can not drop you because of illness of you or a family member covered, etc etc etc....things that are actually beneficial to you...the policy holder.

Because of such, Matt and I would not grandfather our existing policy, but take out the reform qualified policy with our same insurance company, because it IS more beneficial to us with these protection measures in them.

Care

WOW! A place where consumers can go and look up services and pricing!

What a radical idea! Too bad no place like that exists currently.

There is not a standardized format to compare now...companies put what information they like on the net, which really does not help in comparing apples to apples on insurance policies, is my understanding....and this exchange would format such, in a clear manner, a truly comparable, apples to apples manner.

Care

Any deliberately falsification and deception for political or any other reason is bearing false witness.

An informed democracy operates best in an environment of social civilty, calmily discussing policy decisions based on factual information and what is best for all Americans. Watching Elvis, divecon, and CrusaderFrank (the rest of you don't rate) arching meteorlike across the atmosphere of debate propelled by the ignition of hot gasses from their asses, of course, remains an incredible spectator sport. Such displays of hannittyinsanity lifts my spirit and brings a ghost of a smile to my manly visage.

Let's, though, avoid False Witness as we flame one another.

Show me the AARP endorsement! Obama said he had it where is it? Is it under Kerry Form 180? Is it under Obama's Birth Certificate?

"I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter." -- Barack Obama on Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 in a town hall meeting in New Hampshire

White House: Obama 'Misspoke' About Claim of AARP Endorsement

Of course when Obama, and his fellow Statists outright LIE of something they always "misspeak".

As to your quote about "Single payer"? That too, is another Obama "misspeak". There's auidio out there that proves he lied again.

And these things have been provided time and again on numerous threads on here. Why, they've been provided in this very thread! And they call the Repubs the party of no. lol

Any deliberately falsification and deception for political or any other reason is bearing false witness.

An informed democracy operates best in an environment of social civilty, calmily discussing policy decisions based on factual information and what is best for all Americans. Watching Elvis, divecon, and CrusaderFrank (the rest of you don't rate) arching meteorlike across the atmosphere of debate propelled by the ignition of hot gasses from their asses, of course, remains an incredible spectator sport. Such displays of hannittyinsanity lifts my spirit and brings a ghost of a smile to my manly visage.

Let's, though, avoid False Witness as we flame one another.

Show me the AARP endorsement! Obama said he had it where is it? Is it under Kerry Form 180? Is it under Obama's Birth Certificate?

"I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter." -- Barack Obama on Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 in a town hall meeting in New Hampshire

Of course when Obama, and his fellow Statists outright LIE of something they always "misspeak".

As to your quote about "Single payer"? That too, is another Obama "misspeak". There's auidio out there that proves he lied again.

Not that I am goo goo gah gah over obama or any politician, for that manner....but he didn't outright lie about aarp.... they do support the health care reform, they have spoken out officially on many occaisions that they support reform, they just haven't endorsed, any one of the 3 bills that have come forward so far on the subject....

He definitely misspoke...on saying endorsed, he should have said SUPPORTED by the aarp.

Care

Not that I am goo goo gah gah over obama or any politician, for that manner....but he didn't outright lie about aarp.... they do support the health care reform, they have spoken out officially on many occaisions that they support reform, they just haven't endorsed, any one of the 3 bills that have come forward so far on the subject....

He definitely misspoke...on saying endorsed, he should have said SUPPORTED by the aarp.

Care

Is this why AARP membership is dropping? The AARP is a Liberal Org, period. Much like the AMA in this regard, and the AMA membership is dropping too for their support of "Obamacare"

And NO. Obama LIED, outright.

There is far more choice now than there will be later. By the time the regs are written - by the bureaucrats and likely not our senators and representatives - every insurance plan will be identical and because the government will subsdize its own plan with tax payer money in five years private health insurers will be a distant memory.

The primary reason health insurance cost so much now is because employers can't even talk to there emplyees to see what they need covered under their insurance plans. Oh and the previously existing conditions argument is has been a red herring for nearly a decade in most places because state insurance boards and state legislatures and governors who also over see the insurance companes in every state in the union have already ended stricken that ability which by the way has also added to the cost of insurance coverage.

There is far more choice now than there will be later. By the time the regs are written - by the bureaucrats and likely not our senators and representatives - every insurance plan will be identical and because the government will subsdize its own plan with tax payer money in five years private health insurers will be a distant memory.

The primary reason health insurance cost so much now is because employers can't even talk to there emplyees to see what they need covered under their insurance plans. Oh and the previously existing conditions argument is has been a red herring for nearly a decade in most places because state insurance boards and state legislatures and governors who also over see the insurance companes in every state in the union have already ended stricken that ability which by the way has also added to the cost of insurance coverage.

So it's state regulations that pre-existing conditions aren't covered?

they stand to GAIN an estimated 25 million new policies.....this is an insurance company gift horse that can MORE THAN accommodate the patient's bill of rights...since most were accommodating group policies already with preexisting conditions....

the ONLY thing getting in the way of private insurance companies REAPING THE BENFITS of this bill, is the public or coop option...thus their reasons to spend millions a day on the campaign to fight that portion.

hopefully, this bill will not pass WITHOUT a coop or public option....if it does, then the private insurance companies will get BILLIONS more yearly for it.... :(

i kid you not.

care

Nosense they stand to be out of business. Because most small businesses will opt for the cheaper alternative which will be the public option because they have no Choice from a financial perspective, care.

Exactly the opposite zoom. Preexisting conditions now have to be covered by state law in most states. That's why that Obama argment is a red herring.

At any time during the 5 years or after the 5 years, the policy holder or buyer goes to the Insurance Exchange to shop for a new policy...the private insurance company you have now, and all other Private insurance companies will have insurance policies available for you or your employer in your name, can buy....the Insurance Exchange is a ONE STOP SHOP for health Insurance, where they have to define their policies and benefits and cost, in simple comparable terms, so that those buying a policy can know what they are buying and how it compares. The Same insurance company that you have grandfathered will be on the Insurance exchange with their authorized policies that have to also cover existing medical issues, can not drop you because of illness of you or a family member covered, etc etc etc....things that are actually beneficial to you...the policy holder.

Because of such, Matt and I would not grandfather our existing policy, but take out the reform qualified policy with our same insurance company, because it IS more beneficial to us with these protection measures in them.

Care

There is not a standardized format to compare now...companies put what information they like on the net, which really does not help in comparing apples to apples on insurance policies, is my understanding....and this exchange would format such, in a clear manner, a truly comparable, apples to apples manner.

Care

What she really means is that the policies on the Exchange will be a one size fits all deal. The government will tell the private insurers what they can offer and that will be all they can offer. It will be as narrow as your choice of investments in Social Security. So, your only real choice will be if you go with the public plan or if you go with a psuedo-private plan.

Nosense they stand to be out of business. Because most small businesses will opt for the cheaper alternative which will be the public option because they have no Choice from a financial perspective, care.

Exactly the opposite zoom. Preexisting conditions now have to be covered by state law in most states. That's why that Obama argment is a red herring.

Also remember that the old addage, "cheaper is not always better" will apply here. Today, small business is being priced out of health insurance and that is something that needs to be fixed. Many small businesses simply cannot afford health insurance, but under this plan they must either pay the price of the plans (which MAY NOT BE CHEAPER THAN TODAY'S POLICIES) or they will be taxed 8% of their gross payroll. This could very well put many small businesses under especially in today's economy.

Immie

Last edited:

Care

What she really means is that the policies on the Exchange will be a one size fits all deal. The government will tell the private insurers what they can offer and that will be all they can offer. It will be as narrow as your choice of investments in Social Security. So, your only real choice will be if you go with the public plan or if you go with a psuedo-private plan.

Also remember that the old addage, "cheaper is not always better" will apply here. Today, small business is being priced out of health insurance and that is something that needs to be fixed. Many small businesses simply cannot afford health insurance, but under this plan they must either pay the price of the plans (which MAY NOT BE CHEAPER THAN TODAY'S POLICIES) or they will be taxed 8% of their gross payroll. This could very well put many small businesses under especially in today's economy.

Immie

i thought over 80% of the small business are exempt from such penalty in this bill because they are too small?

the insurance policies will vary as much as they do now immie, only a hand full of things, no cap, carry policy with you if you lose job,preexisting condition ok etc will be the same, but what a private insurer covers, so many mri's, so many annual visits, so much on drug coverage, transplants if necessary etc, mental health visits a year etc is up to the private insurer, as it is now....the exchange will let you easily see these differences....even if this reform does not pass, these insurance exchanges are a good idea imo.

fyi
only on GROUP insurance plans are preexisting condition covered, NOT individual insurance plans that the private citizen wants to buy in most states.

i thought over 80% of the small business are exempt from such penalty in this bill because they are too small?

Just like President Obama won't raise your taxes if you make less than $250,000... first thing, er second after making it legal to cover abortion out side of the country, he did was raise taxes on people who smoke most of whom make under $250,000.

the insurance policies will vary as much as they do now immie,

Just like everything else the government does, these plans will be so limited in scope that there will be nothing to distinguish one policy you can buy from the public option or the psuedo private insurer.

only a hand full of things, no cap, carry policy with you if you lose job,preexisting condition ok etc

All those things are good. And everyone of them can be accomplished without forcing everyone onto public assistance.

will be the same, but what a private insurer covers, so many mri's, so many annual visits, so much on drug coverage, transplants if necessary etc, mental health visits a year etc is up to the private insurer, as it is now....the exchange will let you easily see these differences....even if this reform does not pass, these insurance exchanges are a good idea imo.

Last I read, "Private" insurers could not offer anything not offered by the government. That means higher deductibles/lower cost insurance... buh bye! Don't feel like you need the Prescription Drug coverage and would rather pay lower premiums? Tough shit buddy, we're going to make sure you get all the drugs you need.

This plan is crap. I wouldn't mind if the government started its own insurance policies and competed on the open market, but this plan ultimately forces everyone under the government's control.

I don't have a problem with being taxed in order to provide coverage for the poor. But, I have a problem with the government forcing me to accept its decisions as to what is best for me in the Health Insurance realm.

Immie

Last edited:

Just like President Obama won't raise your taxes if you make less than $250,000... first thing, er second after making it legal to cover abortion out side of the country, he did was raise taxes on people who smoke most of whom make under $250,000.

the insurance policies will vary as much as they do now immie,

Just like everything else the government does, these plans will be so limited in scope that there will be nothing to distinguish one policy you can buy from the public option or the psuedo private insurer.

only a hand full of things, no cap, carry policy with you if you lose job,preexisting condition ok etc

All those things are good. And everyone of them can be accomplished without forcing everyone onto public assistance.

will be the same, but what a private insurer covers, so many mri's, so many annual visits, so much on drug coverage, transplants if necessary etc, mental health visits a year etc is up to the private insurer, as it is now....the exchange will let you easily see these differences....even if this reform does not pass, these insurance exchanges are a good idea imo.

Last I read, "Private" insurers could not offer anything not offered by the government. That means higher deductibles/lower cost insurance... buh bye! Don't feel like you need the Prescription Drug coverage and would rather pay lower premiums? Tough shit buddy, we're going to make sure you get all the drugs you need.

This plan is crap. I wouldn't mind if the government started its own insurance policies and competed on the open market, but this plan ultimately forces everyone under the government's control.

I don't have a problem with being taxed in order to provide coverage for the poor. But, I have a problem with the government forcing me to accept its decisions as to what is best for me in the Health Insurance realm.

Immie

i would have a problem with your last sentence as well, BUT that is not what this plan does.

THIS plan, without a coop or a public option puts everything in to the insurance companies hands, even MORESO than it is now and they will rake YOU AND ME and everyone out there, over the coals...be prepared to get burned badly, if there is no choice of public or coop option to keep them, at least somewhat honest and competitively priced.

WITHOUT those options, the insurance companies were just handed the entire country's healthcare....mandatory...so they gain millions of customers, without even having to compete or lower prices to capture the new customer.

btw, did gvt run health care DENY your father, God rest his soul, his cancer treatments or any kind of medical care?

care

Immie

i would have a problem with your last sentence as well, BUT that is not what this plan does.

THIS plan, without a coop or a public option puts everything in to the insurance companies hands, even MORESO than it is now and they will rake YOU AND ME and everyone out there, over the coals...be prepared to get burned badly, if there is no choice of public or coop option to keep them, at least somewhat honest and competitively priced.

As I have said, I don't have a problem with the government entering the market and adding an additional choice. Nor do I have a problem with taxes being levied in order to provide benefits to the poor... as long as there is an attempt to prevent lazy abusers. I do have a problem with being forced into a government plan.

WITHOUT those options, the insurance companies were just handed the entire country's healthcare....mandatory...so they gain millions of customers, without even having to compete or lower prices to capture the new customer.

One way or another Health Care and Health Insurance reforms need to be enacted. It is true that the industry will not "fix" itself. My issue with this plan is that it will ultimately force all of us under the government's thumb. It does not "ban" private insurers. However, the results of the plan not allowing private insurers to write new policies or have policies and options different from the government requirements will in the near term (less than 10 years) make insurance companies either tools of the government or extinct.

Also, I forgot my answer to your "80%" of small businesses excluded question. I don't know where you read that. Last night I was looking at the bill and the taxes imposed and it stated that businesses with less than $250,000 gross payroll are exempt from the tax. That would be a business with less than five employees and more than likely not even two or three employees. If the owner gets paid a salary, then chances are it is going to be no more than two employees. There is after that a graduated scale of tax brackets bringing it up to 8%, but even so, the 8% tax would fit the vast majority of businesses.

btw, did gvt run health care DENY your father, God rest his soul, his cancer treatments or any kind of medical care?

Hey! Isn't there a rule about discussing family members of other posters? Think, I'll report ya! j/k

No one denied my father coverage... well, actually the hospital recommended that we transfer him to hospice care. But that was because the cancer had spread throughout his body and we all could see the writing on the wall. The insurance company actually did very well for my dad according to my mom.

Immie

Last edited:

Well you are right about the choices...If we have single payer no american citizen will have to chose to die because they don't have enough money to add to the bank accounts and leases of corporate jets of the billionairs that run the HMOs.

Well you are right about the choices...If we have single payer no american citizen will have to chose to die because they don't have enough money to add to the bank accounts and leases of corporate jets of the billionairs that run the HMOs.

Ask your REP if THEY are going to opt for what they propose for the rest of us...and then come back and tell us the answer...?

As some folks in the NY metro area say, "Not for nothin'," but has it dawned on anybody that when people rail against the notion of "bearing false witness against President Obama" what they REALLY are protesting is bearing TRUTHFUL witness against what President Obama's notions, ideas, policies and programs MEAN?

That kind of thing will NOT be tolerated!

As some folks in the NY metro area say, "Not for nothin'," but has it dawned on anybody that when people rail against the notion of "bearing false witness against President Obama" what they REALLY are protesting is bearing TRUTHFUL witness against what President Obama's notions, ideas, policies and programs MEAN?

That kind of thing will NOT be tolerated!

And the Truth shall NEVER set Obama free...it is an embarassment to him...to have his foibles EXPOSED...thus he sets his thugs, his Union Mignions out to beat up those that speak the truth of him and his Statist followers.

Ask your REP if THEY are going to opt for what they propose for the rest of us...and then come back and tell us the answer...?

Lay off the sauce or put away the oxycodone. You are not making any fucking sense.

I have already talked to the offices of several Seattle area reps and both senators. Its single payer on the table except for cantwell. If she votes against a government option I will spend whatever I can afford to help anyone on the right side of the people that challenges her. She has turned into a corporate whore.

Forum List

Back