Thou shall not bear false witness against Obama

So you're finally admitting that Obama is a single payer supporter?

He has said in the past that he was. So what? Is he pushing in on Congress to put it in the legislation? No, he is not. So, what is your problem?

My "problem" is two fold:

1. Obama is LYING that he does not support a single payer system, and

2. Obama has changed the debate from Health Care Reform to Health Insurance Reform without batting an eye and that's a really big deal! Which is it and what will it be tomorrow, Health Insurance Form Reform?

Post the source that Obama said he was only for a single payer system.

Words have meanings, you try to dodge them, and I stick them back down your mouth.

Hey Jackass, Single Payer and other people paying are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE!

You truly are showing your stupidity.

You actually have the balls to call ME stupid? I can't tell if you have a reading problem or a comprehension problem. I don't give a shit if Obama is a proponent of blue or green M&Ms, or anything else for that matter. As long as he isn't strong arming anyone in Congress to implement what he is a proponent of, what does it matter?

“I know there's been a lot of misinformation in this debate, and there are some folks out there who are, frankly, bearing false witness, but I want everyone to know what health insurance reform is all about,” the president said."

This statement is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. What's your problem?

Show me the AARP endorsement! Obama said he had it where is it? Is it under Kerry Form 180? Is it under Obama's Birth Certificate?

"I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter." -- Barack Obama on Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 in a town hall meeting in New Hampshire

Who's lying? OBAMA!

There is no AARP endorsement of Obamacare --

yet.

In fairness to President Obama, though, I fear he was guilty of merely announcing it prematurely.

Kind of hard to do WHEN, he even admitted, when saying he wanted a single payer system, that it would take 15 to 20 years to get there.......this is just a first step.

Oh goodie...another conspiracy theorist! So, knowing full well that he would not be in office in 15-20 years to make sure this evil, dastardly single payer single came to fruition, why would he start it?

Oh goody, another Obamaniac.....See, I can do that too:razz:

What choice will there be when the employers (especially small businesses) start dumping coverage, and citizens are forced to take the government option (with no ability to shop for another plan) by the IRS 2.5% tax?

He's not worried about it occurring full time WHILE he's in office.....he wants a legacy and he wants this health insurance reform to be it.

2. Obama has changed the debate from Health Care Reform to Health Insurance Reform without batting an eye and that's a really big deal! Which is it and what will it be tomorrow, Health Insurance Form Reform?

It is a big deal? Good. Please tell me the difference in the discussions.

What choice will there be when the employers (especially small businesses) start dumping coverage, and citizens are forced to take the government option (with no ability to shop for another plan) by the IRS 2.5% tax?

Are you saying the private health insurance companies who have seen 400% profits in the past 20 years cannot compete? Why not?

This statement is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. What's your problem?

Show me the AARP endorsement! Obama said he had it where is it? Is it under Kerry Form 180? Is it under Obama's Birth Certificate?

"I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter." -- Barack Obama on Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 in a town hall meeting in New Hampshire

Who's lying? OBAMA!

There is no AARP endorsement of Obamacare --

yet.

In fairness to President Obama, though, I fear he was guilty of merely announcing it prematurely.

Ayup and I think that's what many that (intentionally) dumped AARP this month think also, hence their action.

It is a big deal? Good. Please tell me the difference in the discussions.

OK, since this seems beyond your abilities, think of it this way: it's like going from automotive reform to automotive insurance reform.

See the difference?

Are you saying the private health insurance companies who have seen 400% profits in the past 20 years cannot compete? Why not?

Have you seen the taxes provision that will be forced on small businesses? It'll be cheaper for them (that pay out to employees over $250k per year (that's just 8 employees at 31k a year)) to dump coverage. The employees will then ONLY have the government option. They are allowed either to keep what they have OR take the government option. NOT find another provider.

Those provisions I have highlighted have YET to be denied as "misniformation" by the Dems.

OK, since this seems beyond your abilities, think of it this way: it's like going from automotive reform to automotive insurance reform.

See the difference?

You are trying to compare apples and anvils. Obama never set out to change the way doctors perform surgery. He only wanted to ensure that every American could afford the surgery they needed. See the difference?

The employees will then ONLY have the government option.

This is a lie. There are MANY small isnurance companies out there that these "ex-covered" employees can get health insurance from.

Are you claining that THIS exact statement is in HR 3200 or some other piece of legislation being floated:
They are allowed either to keep what they have OR take the government option. NOT find another provider.

See the difference?

You are trying to compare apples and anvils. Obama never set out to change the way doctors perform surgery. He only wanted to ensure that every American could afford the surgery they needed. See the difference?

See, you're projecting again.

It was Obama that changed the course of the debate in midstream, he went from telling old ladies to take aspirins instead of having surgery, to now Health Insurance Reform.

It was Obama that changed the course of the debate in midstream, he went from telling old ladies to take aspirins instead of having surgery, to now Health Insurance Reform.

Time out. I am losing my patience with you. When, exactly did he change the dialogue "midstream" as you suggest? When was he telling "old ladies to take aspirins instead of having surgery"?

This is a lie. There are MANY small isnurance companies out there that these "ex-covered" employees can get health insurance from.

Are you claining that THIS exact statement is in HR 3200 or some other piece of legislation being floated:
They are allowed either to keep what they have OR take the government option. NOT find another provider.

HR 3200, hold on
TITLE I--PROTECTIONS AND STANDARDS FOR QUALIFIED HEALTH BENEFITS PLANS

Subtitle A--General Standards

Sec. 101. Requirements reforming health insurance marketplace.

Sec. 102. Protecting the choice to keep current coverage.

SEC. 102. PROTECTING THE CHOICE TO KEEP CURRENT COVERAGE.

(a) Grandfathered Health Insurance Coverage Defined- Subject to the succeeding provisions of this section, for purposes of establishing acceptable coverage under this division, the term `grandfathered health insurance coverage' means individual health insurance coverage that is offered and in force and effect before the first day of Y1 if the following conditions are met:(1) LIMITATION ON NEW ENROLLMENT-

(A) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day of Y1.
(B) DEPENDENT COVERAGE PERMITTED- Subparagraph (A) shall not affect the subsequent enrollment of a dependent of an individual who is covered as of such first day.

(c) Limitation on Individual Health Insurance Coverage-

(1) IN GENERAL- Individual health insurance coverage that is not grandfathered health insurance coverage under subsection (a) may only be offered on or after the first day of Y1 as an Exchange-participating health benefits plan.

(2) SEPARATE, EXCEPTED COVERAGE PERMITTED- Excepted benefits (as defined in section 2791(c) of the Public Health Service Act) are not included within the definition of health insurance coverage. Nothing in paragraph (1) shall prevent the offering, other than through the Health Insurance Exchange, of excepted benefits so long as it is offered and priced separately from health insurance coverage.

Arawyn, your post does not say what you want it to say -- that employees are stuck with the public plan and can't opt for other smaller health insurance companies.

Words have meaning, and meaning has consequence. Once every American has affordable, accessible, decent health, then realizes what the conservatives and the GOP have done, the GOP will dissolve like the Whigs did over the slavery issue. Health care is the "slavery" issue for the GOP, and the Dems and moderates and good Americans are going to liberate all Americans from health insurance corporatist slavery.

HR 3200, hold on

SEC. 102. PROTECTING THE CHOICE TO KEEP CURRENT COVERAGE.

(a) Grandfathered Health Insurance Coverage Defined- Subject to the succeeding provisions of this section, for purposes of establishing acceptable coverage under this division, the term `grandfathered health insurance coverage' means individual health insurance coverage that is offered and in force and effect before the first day of Y1 if the following conditions are met:(1) LIMITATION ON NEW ENROLLMENT-

(A) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day of Y1.
(B) DEPENDENT COVERAGE PERMITTED- Subparagraph (A) shall not affect the subsequent enrollment of a dependent of an individual who is covered as of such first day.

(c) Limitation on Individual Health Insurance Coverage-

(1) IN GENERAL- Individual health insurance coverage that is not grandfathered health insurance coverage under subsection (a) may only be offered on or after the first day of Y1 as an Exchange-participating health benefits plan.

(2) SEPARATE, EXCEPTED COVERAGE PERMITTED- Excepted benefits (as defined in section 2791(c) of the Public Health Service Act) are not included within the definition of health insurance coverage. Nothing in paragraph (1) shall prevent the offering, other than through the Health Insurance Exchange, of excepted benefits so long as it is offered and priced separately from health insurance coverage.

Thanks Arawyn,

What I don't think VaYank (who I think is trying to argue honestly and have found her to be truthful to date) understands is that the provision you have highlighted is the death nail for the Private Insurance Industry. When they can no longer write new business and old business begins to go away the industry will simply wither away (15-20 years, is that what Obama meant? I highly doubt it will take that long or was it 15-20 years from the time he said it 2003? More likely) the industry will die and all those people will be unemployed.

Immie

Forum List

Back