Thou shall not bear false witness against Obama

"I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter." -- Barack Obama on Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 in a town hall meeting in New Hampshire

Since he became President, and has attempted to help move this legislation forward, please show me where he has asked for a single payer system.

Also, AARP is for healthcare reform. This is a fact. They have not endorsed any prticular plan as no plan is out there yet. Get it?

Watch this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE]YouTube - Obama on single payer health insurance[/ame]

Watch this.

Sorry, but my corporate firewall blocks YouTube. Can you paraphrase? If you are right, I will admit you are right. I just have not heard Obama call for a single payer system since the inauguration, that's all.

"I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter." -- Barack Obama on Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 in a town hall meeting in New Hampshire

Since he became President, and has attempted to help move this legislation forward, please show me where he has asked for a single payer system.

Also, AARP is for healthcare reform. This is a fact. They have not endorsed any prticular plan as no plan is out there yet. Get it?

Watch this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE]YouTube - Obama on single payer health insurance[/ame]

Obviously, Obama misspoke

Show me the AARP endorsement! Obama said he had it where is it? Is it under Kerry Form 180? Is it under Obama's Birth Certificate?

[A low-level strafing run by CF swatted easily out of the air.]

(1) Give us a valid quote from Obama saying that he is for single payer only. (2) What reform plan as AARP endorsed?

PolitiFact | Obama has praised single-payer plans in the past

* In February 2004, about a month before the primary election in the U.S. Senate race, the Associated Press reported the stance of all the candidates on universal health care. "Obama says he supports the idea of universal health care but does not think a single-payer government system is feasible. He says the government should be the health care provider of last resort for the uninsured." In a rundown of all the candidates' positions, the Associated Press summarized Obama's position as "Support, but 'probably not at this stage,' a single-payer government system."
* In his book The Audacity of Hope , published in October 2006 when he was a U.S. senator, Obama described single-payer as the hope of the left, while those on the right wanted a market-based approach. "It's time we broke this impasse by acknowledging a few simple truths," Obama wrote, suggesting a system much like the one he supports today.
* In April 2007, a few months after he declared his candidacy for presidency, the Chicago Tribune reported, "Obama has pledged that, if elected, all Americans would have health care coverage by the end of his first term. He has said he is reluctant to switch to a 'single-payer' national health insurance system because of the difficulty in making a quick transition from the employer-based private system."

[Another low-level strafing run swatted easily out of the air.]

Once again, give a quote where Obama endorses only a single-payer system.

Secret* He never said it. Carry on!

Watch this.

Obviously, Obama misspoke

He did not say that he advocated only a single-payer system, did? Now, quite bearing false witness.

He did not say that he advocated only a single-payer system, did? Now, quite bearing false witness.

I cannot see or hear with all this Obama KoolAid in my eyes, ears and nose

1247519186-scarface-photo-xl-scarface-6235696.jpg

Last edited:
Watch this.

Sorry, but my corporate firewall blocks YouTube. Can you paraphrase? If you are right, I will admit you are right. I just have not heard Obama call for a single payer system since the inauguration, that's all.

He may not have said since his inauguration. But it's very clear he is a proponent of single payer universal healthcare, not only by the clip I posted where he stated, "I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health-care program. . . . But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately" but also in his book Audacity of Hope and in speeches he made in '04 and '07. ( that someone has referred to already in this thread)

Barney Frank recenty stated, "We don't have the votes for it. I wish we did. I think if we had a good public option it would lead to single payer."

Obama Concedes on Public Option, but Maintains Goal of Single-Payer System - WSJ.com

He may not have said since his inauguration. But it's very clear he is a proponent of single payer universal healthcare

And this is FINE. He may also be a proponent of Calloway golf clubs. My point is, as President, he is NOT pushing for a single payer system in our healthcare reform. Can you agree with this?

so that is how you admit you are wrong about Obama coming out for a single-payer plan. By claiming what? That Obama shoved cocain up your nose?

"I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health-care program..." Barack Hussein Obama

so that is how you admit you are wrong about Obama coming out for a single-payer plan. By claiming what? That Obama shoved cocain up your nose?

"I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health-care program..." Barack Hussein Obama

God, this is like talking to Dick Cheney. Just answer the question, DICK!

I just don't know how it becomes any clearer that Obama supports a single payer system

So you're finally admitting that Obama is a single payer supporter?

He has said in the past that he was. So what? Is he pushing in on Congress to put it in the legislation? No, he is not. So, what is your problem?

Post the source that Obama said he was only for a single payer system.

Words have meanings, you try to dodge them, and I stick them back down your mouth.

Kind of hard to do WHEN, he even admitted, when saying he wanted a single payer system, that it would take 15 to 20 years to get there.......this is just a first step.

Next.

He may not have said since his inauguration. But it's very clear he is a proponent of single payer universal healthcare

And this is FINE. He may also be a proponent of Calloway golf clubs. My point is, as President, he is NOT pushing for a single payer system in our healthcare reform. Can you agree with this?

No I don't agree, Did you not read the link I provided?

You truly are showing your stupidity. Obama has been a proponent of single payer system for years , he wrote about in his book (surely you read his book, didn't you?) he has made numerous speeches in support of single payer health care.

At several town halls this year, Obama has been asked by single-payer supporters why he doesn't propose a single-payer system. Obama's consistent answer has been that if he were designing a health care system "from scratch," he would go with a single payer system. So that certainly indicates philosophical support for the idea.

Now you can say that he's no longer a supporter of single payer healthcare, because he's now saying so, but you would be a fool to believe him.

Kind of hard to do WHEN, he even admitted, when saying he wanted a single payer system, that it would take 15 to 20 years to get there.......this is just a first step.

Oh goodie...another conspiracy theorist! So, knowing full well that he would not be in office in 15-20 years to make sure this evil, dastardly single payer single came to fruition, why would he start it?

Forum List

Back