Those dummies are going to bring back karl rove to run Jeb Bush

I am much or more a GOP as Gramps.

When the GOP spoke out against Akin and the Dem ran those commercials quoting them, Akin was toast.

The leadership will do that regularly now.

Akin lost big time.

When people like Akin or Mourdoosh or West say those things, in the future the party leadership will condemn it publicly.

Just like they did last time. They even tried to push Akin out.

If you want to pretend to be part of the GOP why not at least clue yourself in.

If it were a choice between Jeb and Hillary, I'd give Jeb a serious look.

Jeb's only real liability is that his name is Bush.

His assets are that he's a moderate to conservative, very successful governor of an important swing state, who is married to a Hispanic woman, who has the street cred to stand up to the Teabaggers and other crazies and reach out to moderates.

And who knows, by 2016, people might be more fond of his brother. If you told me in 1993 that another Bush could get elected, I'd have looked at you funny.

Don't know about Rove, but Jeb's about the only thing the Republicans have going for them these days. It was funny how you barely heard about him during the campaign except to try and resurrect his brother's and the family name. Sounding out a '16 run?

Jeb Bush: Obama likes to blame my brother

That's not a big surprise, a lot of Republican big-wigs didn't like Romney on a personal level.

They are going to do it for sure and thats a good thing. Just get a halfway decent Dem and 2016 will be ours.

Not likely. The country will be sick of the Democratic Party controlling the White House by 2016. Things will naturally be lined up for the Republicans by then. Jeb Bush has strong connections to hispanic community and will making winning Florida a Breeze. Combine him with the current governor of New Mexico, Susana Martinez, and Bush will be winning as much of the latino vote as his brother did in 2004 if not more. New Mexico will fall to the Republicans as well Colorado, Nevada, Florida, and Virginia. While that only gets the Republicans to 268 in 2012, by 2016 that will easily be 270+ given the continuing shift in Electoral Votes from Blue States to Red States because of increasing population in Red States. The Republicans in this scenario will not need Ohio in 2016.

Agreed.

Provided the republicans keep the radical right in check and run a moderate like Jeb or Christie – and allow them to be moderates.

Here is a thought, let's just get rid of the two party system. We don't need opposition parties, all we need are moderates. You know, just the same old stuff with a little different twist. After all, the country is in such great shape I don't see the need for much change at all.

Mwahahahahahaahaha!!

Jeb Bush? Mwhahahahahahah!!!

Last edited:

His assets are that he's a moderate to conservative, very successful governor of an important swing state, who is married to a Hispanic woman, who has the street cred to stand up to the Teabaggers and other crazies and reach out to moderates.

And who knows, by 2016, people might be more fond of his brother. If you told me in 1993 that another Bush could get elected, I'd have looked at you funny.

He will be tied to cheney,rumsfield. If things go well the next four and you guys run the next bush(no fault of his) he will lose.

Oh God...please...spare me another Bush in office...please, never in my lifetime again!!!!!

That would totally be going backwards instead of forward. Rove apparently wants to relive some stupid former personal glory or something. Rove needs to just let dead dogs lie.

The next election could be another Clinton-Bush battle.

Jeb Bush is too hispanic friendly to get much support from republicans. If he won, democrats would have to vote for him.

When people like Akin or Mourdoosh or West say those things, in the future the party leadership will condemn it publicly.

They better. I was thinking what if romney was not so afraid of the tea party and condemned all the racist birther crap out right? Who knows? But he and the rest were afraid of them big time. And Im listening to the callers on rightwing radio. Not one so far has said lets get them gone.

He would have lost the nomination. If he did it after the convention, he may have picked up quite a few stray votes.

Forum List

Back