‘If Trump doesn't run, I think everybody runs’: Hawley and Cruz choose their paths...Cruz: running for president was the most fun ever, we came close

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Missouri’s top newspaper blasts Trumper Senator Josh Hawley, accusing him of providing “aid and comfort” to Russia, “raising his fist” in support of Trump’s January 6 attack, and stoking the “Hawley trinity: insurrection, racism, & appeasement.”

while Hawley denied in an interview that he planned to chase the White House, Cruz was more open to the idea. He said of his future ambitions: “I am committed to the fight. And the presidential campaign in 2016 was the most fun I’ve ever had in my life. And we came very, very close the last time.”

On Thursday, Hawley and Cruz spoke back to back to wind down the first day of the Conservative Political Action Conference in Orlando. Going first, Cruz went after big business and White House press secretary Jen Psaki — whom he called “Peppermint Patty” — while Hawley defended his decision to object to the 2020 election and said he will introduce oil and gas legislation on Monday to send a message to Russia.

That type of maneuvering, along with their tactics in the Senate, has Republicans watching the two senators very closely.

“Ted Cruz has run before. I’m sure he’s thinking about it. Josh Hawley probably is as well,” said Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah), the GOP’s 2012 presidential nominee. But he explained it’s not just those two: “Tim Scott, Rick Scott, Marco Rubio: The list has gotta be long.”

Hawley and Cruz insist there’s no rivalry between them as the GOP waits on Trump’s decision on whether to run for president a third time. Cruz calls the Missouri senator “talented” and Hawley says he and his Texas colleague are not at odds.

These days, the two are proxy battling in Hawley’s home state of Missouri, where fellow Republican Sen. Roy Blunt is retiring. After Hawley endorsed Rep. Vicky Hartzler in the state’s Senate race this month, Cruz quickly followed suit and backed his own candidate, Eric Schmitt, who just so happens to have Hawley’s old job as attorney general.

Hawley declined to tell Cruz to butt out of his state: “I wouldn’t tell people what to do.”

If Trump decides not to run, you can expect the fake news MSM to put an all-out assault on everything associated with Ron DeSantis. He would be the next in line. Cruz, Haley and Mitt Romney, all of whom have recently starting spouting what they consider to be wisdom, are all better than Biden, Harris or Hillary, but they're not ready for the big seat.

Can Canadian born Ted “ Cancun “ Cruz become President?

I believe there will be a fight over it, and the USSC might have to clear that up.

Does not matter because I am running and you are my running mate and we can not lose, well unless Hugo haunts those machines again!!!

Trump would beat Biden and I am voting for the Green Candidate if possible and if not the Libertarian because for those assholes!
You are free to vote (and toss it away on a candidate that has NO chance of winning) for anyone you wish in this country.
Trump couldn't beat a guy that was his senior in the last election. Why? Because he was a shitty President. So the voters showed him the door. :)

You are free to vote (and toss it away on a candidate that has NO chance of winning) for anyone you wish in this country.
Trump couldn't beat a guy that was his senior in the last election. Why? Because he was a shitty President. So the voters showed him the door. :)
84 million voted against Trump last time

I don’t think he has changed anyone’s mind. One thing to be sure of, Trump will ensure a large voter turn out

At this point, I would like a Trump-DeSantis ticket. This would ameliorate concerns about Trump's age and provide a ready-made Executive Cabinet (lacking in Trump's first term).

I place very little credibility in so-called political feuds.

Nikki Haley, Tim Scott, Ron DeSantis, and maybe Dan Crenshaw.
That's your lineup for 2024.
Of those four.. Scott and DeSantis. And both have to be vetted. Trump and Cruz are in the mix and there may be a couple others. No more RINOS and NEO CONS.

At this point, I would like a Trump-DeSantis ticket. This would ameliorate concerns about Trump's age and provide a ready-made Executive Cabinet (lacking in Trump's first term).

I place very little credibility in so-called political feuds.
Trump-Putin will appeal more to Trump’s base

Cruz was more open to the idea. He said of his future ambitions: “I am committed to the fight. And the presidential campaign in 2016 was the most fun I’ve ever had in my life. And we came very, very close the last time.”

''It was the most fun I've ever had in my life. Trump called my wife an ugly oaf, then I licked his boots, then he made me into his bitch. Ah good times.''

-Fled Cruz

Forum List

Back