Those dummies are going to bring back karl rove to run Jeb Bush

Oh God...please...spare me another Bush in office...please, never in my lifetime again!!!!!

That would totally be going backwards instead of forward. Rove apparently wants to relive some stupid former personal glory or something. Rove needs to just let dead dogs lie.

I'm not a big fan of political dynasties myself, but from what I know of Jeb Bush, he's the sane one. He's not a big cultural zealot like his brother and he had a very high approval rating when he retired as governor of Florida. He's a common sense man who could actually restore some sanity into the Republican Party.

Last edited:
I think Rove has been rendered largely irrelevant in modern politics. He's trying to keep a foothold in the public eye by being a big contributor on Fox but the majority of America hates this guy. Personally though I'd love to see this because it would a titanic disaster for the Republicans.

I will have to wait to see proof that rove and the tea party are going to be purged from the GOP. I hate the current GOP with the tea party. The tea party is nothing but bush supporting racist. I don't believe they will be gotten rid of .

The Tea Party and George W. Bush actually have very little in common.

Oh God...please...spare me another Bush in office...please, never in my lifetime again!!!!!

That would totally be going backwards instead of forward. Rove apparently wants to relive some stupid former personal glory or something. Rove needs to just let dead dogs lie.

They are going to do it for sure and thats a good thing. Just get a halfway decent Dem and 2016 will be ours.

I disagree. I accurately predicted that Obama's first term would be poor and there is no reason to believe the second won't be just as bad if not worse. I have a feeling when 2016 rolls around it will be the opposite of 2008, anybody but a Democrat.

They are going to do it for sure and thats a good thing. Just get a halfway decent Dem and 2016 will be ours.

Not likely. The country will be sick of the Democratic Party controlling the White House by 2016. Things will naturally be lined up for the Republicans by then. Jeb Bush has strong connections to hispanic community and will making winning Florida a Breeze. Combine him with the current governor of New Mexico, Susana Martinez, and Bush will be winning as much of the latino vote as his brother did in 2004 if not more. New Mexico will fall to the Republicans as well Colorado, Nevada, Florida, and Virginia. While that only gets the Republicans to 268 in 2012, by 2016 that will easily be 270+ given the continuing shift in Electoral Votes from Blue States to Red States because of increasing population in Red States. The Republicans in this scenario will not need Ohio in 2016.

Obama will beat Jeb Bush in 2016. No doubt about it. That will be 12 years for Obama!

Yes!

See we can be delusional TOO

I think Rove has been rendered largely irrelevant in modern politics. He's trying to keep a foothold in the public eye by being a big contributor on Fox but the majority of America hates this guy. Personally though I'd love to see this because it would a titanic disaster for the Republicans.

I will have to wait to see proof that rove and the tea party are going to be purged from the GOP. I hate the current GOP with the tea party. The tea party is nothing but bush supporting racist. I don't believe they will be gotten rid of .

The Tea Party and George W. Bush actually have very little in common.

Thats true but all they knew was that he was white and Obama not so much. That was enough. Especially here in the good Ole south

We won't run Jeb because the neo-cons are generally hated by the rank and file of pubs now, much less the center and independents.

Thats actually not true and although W has taking a beating in recent years, he will be seen in a much better light in the future. The Democrats may have been somewhat successful in blaming Bush for their problems this year, but that tactic won't work in 2016! By then, the Democrats will OWN everything no matter what!

Since World War II, there has only been one period where either party achieved 3 consecutive terms in the White House and that was the Reagan/Bush Sr. years from 1981 to 1993. Obama is President of the country at its most divided since the Civil War when it comes to politics. In Reagan's America, he swept every state from coast to coast with the exception of Minnesota which was Mondales home in 1984. The Republicans were HOT with the public in the 1980s and George Bush Sr. had an easy time winning in 1988 beating Dukakis in 40 of the 50 states in the union.

Obama and the Democrats don't have anywhere near that edge of today's Republicans and that is precisely the edge they would need in order to win in 2016.

Not likely. The country will be sick of the Democratic Party controlling the White House by 2016. Things will naturally be lined up for the Republicans by then. Jeb Bush has strong connections to hispanic community and will making winning Florida a Breeze. Combine him with the current governor of New Mexico, Susana Martinez, and Bush will be winning as much of the latino vote as his brother did in 2004 if not more. New Mexico will fall to the Republicans as well Colorado, Nevada, Florida, and Virginia. While that only gets the Republicans to 268 in 2012, by 2016 that will easily be 270+ given the continuing shift in Electoral Votes from Blue States to Red States because of increasing population in Red States. The Republicans in this scenario will not need Ohio in 2016.

Obama will beat Jeb Bush in 2016. No doubt about it. That will be 12 years for Obama!

Yes!

See we can be delusional TOO

Sorry, but my scenario is based on basic math of the electoral college and the reality of the much greater popularity of certain Republicans among latinos. The Republicans don't have to win the latino vote, they just have to do better. If Romney had done as well as Bush did with the latino vote in 2004, Romney would be the President Elect right now!

I disagree. I accurately predicted that Obama's first term would be poor and there is no reason to believe the second won't be just as bad if not worse. I have a feeling when 2016 rolls around it will be the opposite of 2008, anybody but a Democrat.

Good assessment which is supported by history. Since World War II, both parties have been kicked out after two terms in the White House with the one exception of Reagan/Bush where the Republicans were in for 3 consecutive terms.

I have to shake my head in wonder at u2edge writing, "Thats actually not true and although W has taking a beating in recent years, he will be seen in a much better light in the future," when considering Jeb's opportunity in 2016. (1) W will never been seen in even a bit better much less a whole better light in the future. He really has the inside edge in falling lower than Carter, Grant, Harding, and Buchanan. (2) Neo-con imperialism is indelibly identified with the bushies; every sane person alive then will never forgive them for what they did to the country from 2003 to 2008.

Neo-conservatives as well as soc cons who force their values on others through big government statism from the progressive right wing are as smelly and stinky as are left wing statist progressives with limiting soft drink sizes or magazine limits or other big government weenies wanting to tell the rest of us what to do.

Let's slow down, folks, and start thinking.

Agreed.

Provided the republicans keep the radical right in check and run a moderate like Jeb or Christie – and allow them to be moderates.

superpac-fiscal-cliff.gif

Agreed.

Provided the republicans keep the radical right in check and run a moderate like Jeb or Christie – and allow them to be moderates.

If in 2014 they get rid of the tea party caucus(bachman included) then maybe but I just dont see it.

When people like Akin or Mourdoosh or West say those things, in the future the party leadership will condemn it publicly.

Those dummies are going to bring back karl rove to run Jeb Bush

There is absolutely no doubt that many NaziCon power brokers would like to see Jeb in the White House - and you can bet that daddy Bush is pushing it. Daddy Bush considers Jeb the smart one...

Forum List

Back