This would be a Great Case for the Supreme Court

You guys kind of lost that argument when you put completely unqualified people like Clarence Thomas and Amy "Serena Joy" Barrett on SCOTUS because of ideological reasons.

Unqualified?

what made them 'unqualified'?

and why are you derailing the thread?

I am completely against racism. I find racists like you abhorrent.
And boom! Out with the racist accusation. (That’s what leftists do to deflect from the discussion, which is: is it a violation of the Constitution to exclude people from job opportunities due to race?)

And how am I racist for objecting to racist standards being applied? To the contrary, I find racists such as you - who are fine with racism as long as it favors blacks and punishes white - to be not only abhorrent, but hypocritical.

The position should be filled by the best qualified candidate, and Harvard should be race-blind in admissions decisions. That question will be decided by the SCOTUS this term.

No, no, this would be the perfect case to move forward on.

Just have the plaintiff scream, "BUT I'M WHITE AND I HAVE PRIVILEGE!!! I AM TOTALLY ENTITLED!!!"

Or maybe we need to stop having "elite" schools and redirect those resources to where they are needed. That would be a crazy idea.
I agree, if we got shed of the Ivy League colleges our leftist problem (and half our RINO globalist problem) problems would disappear in a generation or two....I mean do we really need all those Ivy League lawyers mucking things up? ;)

Last edited:
And boom! Out with the racist accusation. (That’s what leftists do to deflect from the discussion, which is: is it a violation of the Constitution to exclude people from job opportunities due to race?)

And how am I racist for objecting to racist standards being applied? To the contrary, I find racists such as you - who are fine with racism as long as it favors blacks and punishes white - to be not only abhorrent, but hypocritical.

The position should be filled by the best qualified candidate, and Harvard should be race-blind in admissions decisions. That question will be decided by the SCOTUS this term.
You'll note that I don't start threads about complaining about black folks getting an education.

I don't jump on to every racists thread and attack black folks..

Ya know who does, Lisa?

Yea...you

No, no, this would be the perfect case to move forward on.

Just have the plaintiff scream, "BUT I'M WHITE AND I HAVE PRIVILEGE!!! I AM TOTALLY ENTITLED!!!"

Or maybe we need to stop having "elite" schools and redirect those resources to where they are needed. That would be a crazy idea.
As you drive away in your foreign designed vehicle.

Giving black people opportunities is not dumbing down the country.
Lowering standards to let in lower qualified blacks is dumbing down whatever program is so impacted. TJ eliminated its competitive entrance exam because too many Asians and not enough blacks were scoring high enough to get in, and so they got rid of the exam - since ruled a violation of the law by a Virginia judge - and the school will naturally have to teach down to the lowest comom denominator.

I myself was the victim of this type of thing. I was in the advanced track through fourth grade, at which point the leftists in my country decided it wasn’t fair to less bright kids, and the tracking was eliminated. I found myself in a fifth grade class that, while more diverse, was teaching math concepts that I had in 2nd grade and reading books that I read in 3rd. The class was dumbed down.

Lowering standards to let in lower qualified blacks is dumbing down whatever program is so impacted. TJ eliminated its competitive entrance exam because too many Asians and not enough blacks were scoring high enough to get in, and so they got rid of the exam - since ruled a violation of the law by a Virginia judge - and the school will naturally have to teach down to the lowest comom denominator.

I myself was the victim of this type of thing. I was in the advanced track through fourth grade, at which point the leftists in my country decided it wasn’t fair to less bright kids, and the tracking was eliminated. I found myself in a fifth grade class that, while more diverse, was teaching math concepts that I had in 2nd grade and reading books that I read in 3rd. The class was dumbed down.
Had a feeling you weren't American.
What IS your country?

I agree, if we got shed of the Ivy League colleges our leftist problem (and half our RINO globalist problem) problems would disappear in a generation or two....I mean do we really need all those Ivy League lawyers mucking things up? ;)
Without AA, the SCOTUS nominee would have gotten into BU, which would have been good enough.

Okay, you see, here's the thing, how do you define "The best qualified candidate".

I ask this because a few years ago, I worked at a company where I was doing both purchasing and production planning functions. Then someone realized that in a company of our size, you really shouldn't have the same person doing both, as it violates best practices under SOX. (I.e., I could hypothetically create a Purchase order for phantom stock, then expend it in a phantom work order). So they created a new position of production planner.

Except a problem. They couldn't do that without getting rid of one buyer. So they decided to get rid of an African-American woman to create this position.

So who did they pick? The Boss's drinking buddy who had left the company about a year before. No qualifications for the job. No experience in production planning. So in the end, I still ended up doing that person's work, plus the work of the nice lady who got fired.

Now, you might have a point, that SCOTUS will probably gut affirmative action further when Clarence Thomas and Serena Joy Barrett, two people who were picked for their race and gender rather than their actual qualifications, decide that affirmative action is bad for the other guy... not them.

I am assuming you meant "Common" and "County" instead of Country... Too bad you didn't pick those things up when they were advancing you... but anyway.

The point of grades is not simply to gauge what reading level you are at, but to socialize kids in their own peer groups. So, sure, you can put a third grader in with the seventh graders, but then you have other issues.

It's right on point with the thread. You have SCOTUS deciding if Affirmative Action is okay, when you in fact have two affirmative action picks already on the court.
when you in fact have two affirmative action picks already on the court.

What makes them 'Affirmative Action' picks?

They aren't white?

One isn't male?

Was Ginsberg 'Affirmative Action' because she was Jewish?

Was Thurgood Marshall 'Affirmative Action' because he was black?

Is Sotomayer 'Affirmative Action' because she is Hispanic AND female?

We all know that Ketanji Brown is 'Affirmative Action', because Biden promised he would appoint a black female before he even won the election.

Should SCOTUS be 'manned' by 9 male WASPS?

JoeB131 CREDIBLE links on how they were picked for gender or race?

harryo CREDIBLE links the sky is blue.

Clarence Thomas had only been on the bench for two years when Poppy Bush picked him to replace Thurgood Marshal. He had rendered no major decisions and really made no judicial contribution to the law. He was merely picked because they wanted a black man to replace a black man.

Serena Joy Barrett was only picked because Trump got burned on Rapey Kavanaugh, and he wanted to pick someone who wouldn't get accused of getting grabby with women. That he picked someone who thinks this is what America should look like is kind of scary...

1645881646218.png

Had a feeling you weren't American.
What IS your country?
When did I ever say I wasn’t American? Because I don’t think that Asians should be manipulated out of admission to TJ (and Harvard) because leftists prefer a different race?

What makes them 'Affirmative Action' picks?

They aren't white?

One isn't male?

What makes those two affirmative action picks is that they had a lot less qualifications than white males who COULD have been picked.

Was Ginsberg 'Affirmative Action' because she was Jewish?

Was Thurgood Marshall 'Affirmative Action' because he was black?

Well, no, because these two people actually made significant contributions to American Juris Prudence before they were tapped.

Ginsburg was instrumental in expanding the definition of the 14th amendment to include gender. Marshall was a major figure in the civil rights movement. We would still remember who these folks were if they never served on SCOTUS.

Should SCOTUS be 'manned' by 9 male WASPS?

Who's on first. The point I was making is that the court SHOULD be diverse.

The problem with Republicans is being the party of racism and misogyny, the only women or people of color they can find are truly awful human beings.

Forum List

Back