This pub will have a short career

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Chris Stewart, Incoming Utah GOP Congressman, Open To Gun Control, Slams NRA's 'Bad Idea'

As the incoming class of congressmen prepare to take the oath office, one Republican newcomer has already come out against the National Rifle Association's proposal to place armed guards at every school and signaled his openness to discussing a set of gun control measures.

"I would consider looking at some of the larger magazines and other things if it gave us an opportunity to talk about the other things as well," he said, clarifying that he didn't think such measures would prevent such mass shootings or gun violence, but that they might at least allow for a serious discussion "about the big picture." Stewart went on to say that he thought the issue of mental health care was a critical one.

Stewart also criticized the NRA's controversial proposal to post armed security personnel at every school in the wake of the Newtown, Conn. shooting as a "bad idea."

"A lot of people are not comfortable having armed guards at grade schools," he said, expressing additional skepticism about calls to allow teachers to carry their firearms into classrooms.

This fool must think he is allowed to think for himself.

He'll get "educated" soon enough.

See, this is why you don't just take HuffPo as yer main source of news Luddite.

From one of his official websites:
Chris Stewart for Congress 2012 | What I Believe
I've received a lot of phone calls today regarding a few articles and I think it's necessary to make myself clear: I fully support the right to keep and bear arms as stated in the Second Amendment and I don't support any abridgment to that right.

I will fight any attempts to weaken our 2nd amendment rights. I do not believe that limiting assault weapons nor magazine capacities is appropriate under the Second Amendment. Furthermore, I do not believe that taking such steps would have any practical effect on limiting gun violence.
So there you have it. HuffPo is full of sh*t. Again.

Forum List

Back