This President Campaigned on Ending Fossil Fuels

I think they just stop answering questions after a while of trying to defend Joe Biden.

It's not like anyone cares what the fool thinks anyway.

The cult followers will not budge in their devotion to Diaper Joe, and the rest of the country has already rejected him anyway.

If by some miracle the manufacturers stopped this month making vehicles, airplanes, boats, and etc that operated on petroleum products and made completely electric vehicles only....
Commercial/industrial vehicles as well as passenger...

We would still increasingly use petroleum products until at least 2050 when peak usage of Petroleum products would slow and then it would start to decline.

Now in the meantime there would be issues galore. Electrical generation would have to increase massively. 1,000 watts is equal to one horsepower. (P=IxE) it doesn't matter how, when, why, or how but the horses need to be replaced that lightweight petroleum products provide.

A tractor-trailer rig is usually sold with 2-300 gallon diesel tanks. (Bigger can be had)
Which will take a fully loaded trailer (16 tons) 2,000-3,000 miles (roughly 10 mpg...used to be half that but some do better) it usually requires a half hour minimum at most truck stops to get fueled up...usually an hour if it's a popular station. (Get a shower and grub too)

Batteries sufficient to pull a trailer (12 tons) requires 10 hours to charge...with 4 tons less cargo and can only go 6 hours before needing to be charged. These electric tractors also will cost 3 times the current price of a tractor. (If a charging station could be found)

This still doesn't even begin to cover air travel, cargo ships, rail, and other nations.

“I want you to look at my eyes. I guarantee you. I guarantee you. We’re going to end fossil fuel.”

He didn't say when did he? We will end it, when and if renewables become more affordable and reliable than gasoline and the ICE.

Actually the watts to horsepower ratio is 746 watts equal one horsepower. Otherwise I agree with the post.

Forum List

Back