This message board is infected with a very malicious spyware program

I recommend shitcanning Winbloze and loading a real OS, especially for just fucking around on the net. I understand artists, engineers, audiophiles(to a point) etc are forced to live with ripoff software that only works on Windo$e but the rest of us can find a Linux distro that has all of your needs covered.
Dual boot. If you need Win, or are a stupid gameboy, boot in. If you want to cruise on the net, boot into a Linux.

I have to use a company laptop. I'm on the road all the time. So I can't muck with the OS. I'm stuck using Windows. I also prefer Linux to this Windozzzzzzz piece of crap.

I can't believe the Feds haven't gone after these creeps. They must be causing millions in damages to computer users. I just spent $400 at the Geek Squad to get this crap of my computers.
Why did you spend $400 when you were advised here on this thread to run malwarebytes? That sounds rather stupid, as does your wish that the government should protect you from these things.

:rofl:

I recommend shitcanning Winbloze and loading a real OS, especially for just fucking around on the net. I understand artists, engineers, audiophiles(to a point) etc are forced to live with ripoff software that only works on Windo$e but the rest of us can find a Linux distro that has all of your needs covered.
Dual boot. If you need Win, or are a stupid gameboy, boot in. If you want to cruise on the net, boot into a Linux.

I have to use a company laptop. I'm on the road all the time. So I can't muck with the OS. I'm stuck using Windows. I also prefer Linux to this Windozzzzzzz piece of crap.

I can't believe the Feds haven't gone after these creeps. They must be causing millions in damages to computer users. I just spent $400 at the Geek Squad to get this crap of my computers.
Why did you spend $400 when you were advised here on this thread to run malwarebytes? That sounds rather stupid, as does your wish that the government should protect you from these things.

400 dollars is quite the charge for something that would take me 5 minutes to fix.

Spyware Doctor killed it -
Do I have to pay for that? My free AVG didn't handle it.

I have to pick a restore point from a week ago and that's how I fixed it...for now.

I'm looking for a fix that won't cost me more money, if you know of one. Or if anyone knows of one.

It's the Vista malware that I keep getting...apparently a trojan horse, from what the Google searches say.

Do be sure you're up to date on the AVG, it can make a big difference. You might also try Ad-Aware free, that and AVG free version over the Microsoft Security Essentials are all I use and I periodically use the free virus scan at Symantec to check and see if anything has slipped by - so far, 100% clean bill of health.

I have MS Security Essentials installed. I heard Kim Koimmando say that before installing any new protection, like AVG I assume, that any other should be removed first, and I prefer continuing with essentials if it is effective. I resist using any other than the Free MS Sec. Ess. because sooner or later and probably sooner I'll be told I should upgrade by AVG and that means paying for it. Any response to that Veng?

I definitely have been seeing the sort of stuff, pop-ups, and freeze-ups that a google search says comes with this virus.

I have MS Security Essentials installed. I heard Kim Koimmando say that before installing any new protection, like AVG I assume, that any other should be removed first, and I prefer continuing with essentials if it is effective. I resist using any other than the Free MS Sec. Ess. because sooner or later and probably sooner I'll be told I should upgrade by AVG and that means paying for it. Any response to that Veng?

I definitely have been seeing the sort of stuff, pop-ups, and freeze-ups that a google search says comes with this virus.

All I can tell you is from my own experiece- I run Ad-Aware free and AVG free version over the Microsoft Security Essentials, keep the MSE running background all the time then occasionaly run the AVG then AA if I notice slowing across sites I vist otherwise those stinking tracking cookies can add up. Maybe once a month when I'm done for the day ( it's a long process) I'll visit the Symantec (Norton) site and run my computer through their free virus scan

NOTICE: DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK NOW UNLESS YOU'RE READY TO LEAVE THIS PAGE :lol:

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/home.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=21&pkj=UZVQDTKJBTVISBYWWYP

on the premise that they're going to have an incentive to find something so they can sell me their wares. With the trio above, all free, I've come up clean every time.

As far as removing existing programs to install new ones, not all the 'Debuggers' play well together, even the for pay ones but this combination doesn't seem to have issues and I just layed them on with no preparatory fuss.

Last edited:

How can I run Malwarebytes when I can't even bring up my browser to download it, eh dingbat? Government is supposed to protect you from predators, ie, people that want to assault you or your property. Damaging someone's computer is no different in nature than setting their house on fire. If government can do the most basic function we create it to do, then why have it?

Last edited:
400 dollars is quite the charge for something that would take me 5 minutes to fix.

Yeah, I could also fix it myself if I had the OS disks to boot from, but I don't. I can't take chances playing around with company computers. I need them back online ASAP.

How can I run Malwarebytes when I can't even bring up my browser to download it, eh dingbat? Government is supposed to protect you from predators, ie, people that want to assault you or your property. Damaging someone's computer is no different in nature than setting their house on fire. If government can do the most basic function we create it to do, then why have it?
You could have bought the CD for $10.

CompUSA.com | 8082995 | Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Software

Actually the Microsoft "fix" (that didn't fix it) - has you download a small file to a thumb drive that you open and run. That at least enables you to open a browser to attempt to fix the problem. That's the only piece of the MS fix that worked as advertised. That's why I spent the 30 bucks for spyware software to fix the registry. I didn't have three days to fuck around with it.

You want me to go to a website to purchase it, which means it would come by mail. I just told you I need my machines up and running ASAP, not a week from now. I can't work if I can't use my laptops.

You want me to go to a website to purchase it, which means it would come by mail. I just told you I need my machines up and running ASAP, not a week from now. I can't work if I can't use my laptops.
If you have access to the Geek Squad, you have access to Best Buy....you could have bought it there. :lol:

Well, if anyone needs help fixing any problem you get, feel free to shoot me a board message.

Interesting update, checking my web shield history, not a single infected file has tried to make its way to my computer.

I may take you up on that but first I need to make sure my computer's been infected. I haven't noticed any problems or issues besides occasionally running a little slow.

Is there a way to tell if I've been infected besides system performance?

I have the latest Norton. Will anything you tell me to do or download affect Norton? I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium.

If you have access to the Geek Squad, you have access to Best Buy....you could have bought it there. :lol:

I've gone looking for software at Best Buy and I haven't found much there.

I may take you up on that but first I need to make sure my computer's been infected. I haven't noticed any problems or issues besides occasionally running a little slow.

Is there a way to tell if I've been infected besides system performance?

I have the latest Norton. Will anything you tell me to do or download affect Norton? I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium.

Download a free copy of Malwarebytes and run a full scan.

I'm just pissed at the mandatory obsolescence - no more spyware, scans, anything for windows 1998. You're next...fact. It's like unemployment- you'll only know when you get there.

I don't believe this site is infected with anything, nor did it give anyone a virus. My guess is, your getting it from somewhere else, not here.

It's called "Win 7 security 2012" or "XP Security 2012" I have had two of my computers infected with it so far. It will totally screw up your computer. This thing is really vicious. The only reason I can post this message is because I'm using my wife's apple computer.

Yup i had it too man...had to turn up my security settings just to browse the site and do a full cleanup on both my computers.....turn up your cookie security and the thing doesn't end up coming back ;).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back