THIS JUST IN on the Zimmerman case....

Who says he was justified?

The witnesses
Great. Let's see their sworn testimony.
& the prosecutors!

The prosecutor in charge of the case hasn't decided whether or not to file charges.

Sworn testimony tainted by media hype is not necessary. They have the 911 tapes & statements to police & medical in reports. The prosecution is not allowed to bring this to trial unless they can prove Zimmerman committed a crime.

The prosecutor in charge of the case hasn't decided whether or not to file charges.

you would think if this was the case, they would close the case down and say sorry there is nothing to see anymore.

It's not that easy when you are faced with the possibility of riots in the streets of America.

True, she is waiting for some reason; it is certainly being investigated.

you would think if this was the case, they would close the case down and say sorry there is nothing to see anymore.

It's not that easy when you are faced with the possibility of riots in the streets of America.

Are you suggesting that we railroad a man into prison because the media has created a frenzy of hatred against an individual who may not have committed a crime?

Is that what we call justice now?

Martin was committing a crime against Zimmerman.

You don't know that. That's kind of the whole point.... none of us know exactly what happened. It is as wrong to accuse Martin of wrong doing as it is to insist Zimmerman is guilty.

You admit none of us know what happened yet are opposed to the matter being placed before a trial jury.

interesting

Where have I said that I am opposed to a jury trial? Don't put words in my mouth... I can speak for myself.

I said... as I have always said... I support the process... let the process run its course. That does not mean we must have a trial, nor does it mean we should not... I support the process. What I won't support is railroading the process for the sake of appeasing a bunch of idiots.

"YOU" would say, 'YOU" would do. Jesus, Cali. YOU know damned well
You know? Fuck it, maybe YOU don't. Hell, you're not from around HERE, are YOU? My bad. Carry ON.

Are you ranting, barb? :lol::lol:

I defend due process... I don't defend trial by media... those who are screaming about Zimmerman's guilt do so purely because the media have chosen to present him as such. I have never trusted the media to provide decent coverage.... and the most useful thing this case has done is to prove that I'm right not to trust the media.

The American "media" wouldn't have touched this case if it weren't pushed to do so, neither would the so-called "justice" system. That is the POINT. I don't want this tried by the media, but I do want it TRIED. You AREN'T from around here, you're from Canada. You experience things differently, therefore you SEE them differently. Its APPLICATION, at play here, and equal representation / protection (in this case, especially "protection) under the law that people are screaming for.

I don't expect you to fully understand, but I hoped that you would have tried to. I didn't think that it would be so difficult to understand.

I'm from Canada? Wow, that's news to me. I could have sworn I was born and raised in California... which is, as far as I am aware, still part of the United States of America.

What I won't support is railroading the process for the sake of appeasing a bunch of idiots.

Yet you've presented no evidence anyone is being railroaded, so what's your point?

When you have a media that is misrepresenting information (such as NBC's editing 'mistake' of the original 911 call, and the 'mistaken' racial ID of Zimmerman being a 'white' man, then 'hispanic', then 'white hispanic, and the presentation of Martin's family's side of the tragedy, without bothering to present Zimmerman's side, and the mistaken accusation floating around in the media that Zimmerman only called in about 'blacks')..... that is railroading public opinion. That creates a false 'truth' which creates racial tension... and that can result in the railroading of an innocent man into prison.

What I won't support is railroading the process for the sake of appeasing a bunch of idiots.

Yet you've presented no evidence anyone is being railroaded, so what's your point?

When you have a media that is misrepresenting information (such as NBC's editing 'mistake' of the original 911 call, and the 'mistaken' racial ID of Zimmerman being a 'white' man, then 'hispanic', then 'white hispanic, and the presentation of Martin's family's side of the tragedy, without bothering to present Zimmerman's side, and the mistaken accusation floating around in the media that Zimmerman only called in about 'blacks')..... that is railroading public opinion. That creates a false 'truth' which creates racial tension... and that can result in the railroading of an innocent man into prison.

The prosecutor doesn't work for the media.

So I fail to see the problem. In the state of Florida the media does not get to send people to prison.

Sounds like you're just whining.

From the wording. Corey left the door open about whether she would prosecute even without a grand jury.
Right.

She can still proceed to trial with charges. And, no doubt that is exactly what she will do.

She didn't want to risk a grand jury not finding charges.

The media has spoken and attorneys profit.

Last edited:

So I fail to see the problem. In the state of Florida the media does not get to send people to prison.

The media CAN however whip up the populace into such a frenzy that a fair trial is impossible and there is a real danger for reactionary violence.

From the wording. Corey left the door open about whether she would prosecute even without a grand jury.
Right.

She can still proceed to trial with charges. And, no doubt that is exactly what she will do.

Right.

the media profits too and the American justice system falls victim to threats of violence.

The media CAN however whip up the populace into such a frenzy that a fair trial is impossible and there is a real danger for reactionary violence.

So the State of Florida should not prosecute people when dilloduck makes the determination that the media is unfairly influencing the process?

So the State of Florida should not prosecute people when dilloduck makes the determination that the media is unfairly influencing the process?

I think the State of Florida should not prosecute people when there is no evidence that they broke a law.

I think the State of Florida should not prosecute people when there is no evidence that they broke a law.
Who should make that determination?

Right.

the media profits too and the American justice system falls victim to threats of violence.
True, the media also profits.

She was going to tomorrow's grand jury until this was announced today. So, up until this point, she was looking into the evidence and questioning witnesses.

And, one has to wonder what caused her to bypass a grand jury....hmmm, evidence and statements, obviously, caused her to bypass the grand jury.

She is not confident that a grand jury indictment will happen.

OK. She can do that.

And, no doubt the reason she has done that is because the Mob has spoken and she has to spend money on prosecuting this case (that she suspects the GJ wouldn't find an indictment, even) - taxpayer money. I'm glad I don't pay taxes in Florida.

Wow.

Sad.

Anyway, I have to hope that the process still will work. The media has created a situation where it will be harder to make that happen.

We'll see.

Forum List

Back