This just in!...Lou Dobbs Ditches the Comrade News Network

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Jan 3, 2009
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
Update: Lou Dobbs to Quit CNN
By BRIAN STELTER AND BILL CARTER

Lou Dobbs, the longtime CNN anchor whose anti-immigration views have made him a TV lightning rod, said Wednesday that he is leaving the cable news channel effective immediately.

“Some leaders in the media, politics and business have been urging me to go beyond my role here at CNN and engage in constructive problem-solving,” Mr. Dobbs said just after 7 p.m., suggesting that he would remain involved in the civic discourse, but perhaps not on television.

“I’m considering a number of options and directions,” Mr. Dobbs added.

Wednesday’s program will be his last on CNN, one of his employees said earlier in the evening.

Mr. Dobbs’ contract was not set to expire until the end of 2011. He told viewers that CNN had agreed to release him from his contract early.

Mr. Dobbs informed his staff members of his intentions in a meeting Wednesday afternoon, catching some of the staffers off-guard.

Well known for his political positions, Mr. Dobbs is an outlier at CNN, which has sought to position itself as a middle ground of sorts in the fractious cable news arena. The CNN employees said Wednesday that they did not know if Mr. Dobbs was moving to another network.

Mr. Dobbs met with Roger Ailes, the chairman of the Fox News Channel, in September. At the time Mr. Dobbs was viewed as a potential hire for the Fox Business Network. But a Fox spokesperson said Wednesday, “We have not had any discussions with Lou Dobbs for Fox News or Fox Business.”

Update: Lou Dobbs to Quit CNN - Media Decoder Blog - NYTimes.com

In other words, CNN was tired of Lou Dobbs' bullshit biased conspiracy theory reporting, i.e. Obama's birth certificate, etc. and told him to report REAL news or he'd be out on his ass.

$20 says he'll be with Hannity on FauxNews in 6 months. Or maybe he'll replace Greta.

He'll be picked up by Fox News within the week and free to further his "crusade."

In other words, CNN was tired of Lou Dobbs' bullshit biased conspiracy theory reporting, i.e. Obama's birth certificate, etc. and told him to report REAL news or he'd be out on his ass.
Perhaps CNN was getting tired of his consistently high ratings.

Perhaps CNN was getting tired of his consistently high ratings.

High ratings? He gets roughly the same amount of viewers Campbell Brown does the following hour and Brown does it against tougher competition.

Good line from Mika on Morning Joe:

'...Lou Dobbs says 'adios' to CNN...'

I was half listening to his goodbye thing early this morning and when he referred to himself as one of the original anchors on CNN, I thought he said wankers.

Perhaps Lou got tired of people shooting at him and his wife.

I've watched Lou Dobbs and liked his show. He didn't have shivers going up his leg when BO was innaugurated and wasn't having a slobbering love affair with the guy either as most of the main stream media seemed to be having. Sorry to see him go and hope he and his family stay safe.

Forum List

Back