This just in!...Lou Dobbs Ditches the Comrade News Network

Update: Lou Dobbs to Quit CNN
By BRIAN STELTER AND BILL CARTER

Lou Dobbs, the longtime CNN anchor whose anti-immigration views have made him a TV lightning rod, said Wednesday that he is leaving the cable news channel effective immediately.

“Some leaders in the media, politics and business have been urging me to go beyond my role here at CNN and engage in constructive problem-solving,” Mr. Dobbs said just after 7 p.m., suggesting that he would remain involved in the civic discourse, but perhaps not on television.

“I’m considering a number of options and directions,” Mr. Dobbs added.

Wednesday’s program will be his last on CNN, one of his employees said earlier in the evening.

Mr. Dobbs’ contract was not set to expire until the end of 2011. He told viewers that CNN had agreed to release him from his contract early.

Mr. Dobbs informed his staff members of his intentions in a meeting Wednesday afternoon, catching some of the staffers off-guard.

Well known for his political positions, Mr. Dobbs is an outlier at CNN, which has sought to position itself as a middle ground of sorts in the fractious cable news arena. The CNN employees said Wednesday that they did not know if Mr. Dobbs was moving to another network.

Mr. Dobbs met with Roger Ailes, the chairman of the Fox News Channel, in September. At the time Mr. Dobbs was viewed as a potential hire for the Fox Business Network. But a Fox spokesperson said Wednesday, “We have not had any discussions with Lou Dobbs for Fox News or Fox Business.”

Update: Lou Dobbs to Quit CNN - Media Decoder Blog - NYTimes.com

Campbell Brown is most likely next to go.

In other words, CNN was tired of Lou Dobbs' bullshit biased conspiracy theory reporting, i.e. Obama's birth certificate, etc. and told him to report REAL news or he'd be out on his ass.
Perhaps CNN was getting tired of his consistently high ratings.

Jul 31, 09

Dobbs' Ratings Plummet After Birther Talk

(Newser) – Even Bill O'Reilly thinks that Lou Dobbs' continuing sympathy with the birther movement questioning President Obama's birth certificate is just a ploy "to get ratings, trying to be provocative." But if Dobbs is pushing conspiracy theories to bump up viewership, it isn't working, reports the New York Observer. Over the past two weeks Dobbs' ratings on CNN have dropped 15%, and among the 25-54 demographic, he's down 27%.

he's just had it with the whinny liberal idiots there. Listen carefully and you will hear Dobbs saying that he can't take the ideological reporting of CNN any more.

[youtube]jL0Lr7togj8[/youtube]

I say that FOX News should dump Shepard Smith and in his place, put Lou Dobbs.
Then, move his show to 5:00 EST and move Glenn Beck to 7:00 EST.

This would be perfect for my schedule.

"I thought we had gotten rid of this left-wing pest for a while. But I guess he is just resurgent. Howard Dean is a blood-sucking leftist. You have to put a stake through his heart to stop this guy."

-- Lou Dobbs, auditioning for Fox News, Link

I wonder if they'll get that shemale to fill in for him.

dobbs-20080727-pilgrim.jpg

LOU DOBBS for PRESIDENT! :eek:

maybe those people trying to draft him for president a couple of years ago, are getting their wish?

[SIZE=+1]
birther-certificate2.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]America Rejects Dobb's Lies [/SIZE]
Dobbs' ratings dive since he turned birther

Link Excerpt:
Since liar and whore Lou Dobbs began reporting on a conspiracy theory story that suggests Obama wasn't born in the United States, his ratings have fallen some 15 percent. In two weeks. Dobbs began reporting on the Obama birth certificate story -- circulated by the hard right -- on July 15. In the following two weeks, his Nielsen ratings dived -- reducing his overall viewers from an estimated 771,000 to 653,000. Among the 25-54 demographic, his ratings fared even worse: Dobbs' average viewers dropped from 218,000 to 157,000. That's a decline of 28 percent. Popular blog Gawker "congratulated" Dobbs' drop-off in a tongue and cheek rebuke: "Well done Lou, well done. Just go ahead and fax your resume over to Fox News now, because you've probably alienated the average CNN viewer to the point of no return..."

Count me as not caring at all about what he does.

He's boring as hell and I never watch CNN anyway.

"These are ludicrous claims, there is no factual basis for them. Why give the birthers any airtime? Lou Dobbs on his radio show said, "I believe the president is a citizen of the United States." But he keeps raising these questions, complaining about criticism from "limp-minded, lily-livered lefties." Is it responsible for Dobbs and others to go on the air, talk about these claims, demand proof, when we have seen a copy of the birth certificate? Hawaii officials say Obama was born there in 1961."

-- Howard Kurtz, in a rare flash of sanity, Link

U.S. Deports Lou Dobbs

CNN Host Had Been Living Illegally In Country Since 1961

WANTAGE, NJ—Acting on anonymous tips from within the Hispanic-American community, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials on Wednesday deported Luis Miguel Salvador Aguila Dominguez, who for the last 48 years had been living illegally in the United States under the name Lou Dobbs.

According to the Department of Homeland Security, federal agents stormed the undocumented immigrant's home in an evening raid just hours after the 64-year-old newscaster suddenly announced that he was resigning from CNN, and immediately placed him on an Aeromexico flight departing from Newark Liberty Airport....................

U.S. Deports Lou Dobbs | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Lou was one of their higher ratings shows. He even beats MSNBC for his time and even beats Campbell Brown's Pure Bull which comes on in the prime time slot behind Lou. I wonder how far CNN ratings overall will plummet because of his exodus.

on the upside shitbird the fridge at CNN will be a safe place to hide your tacos, donuts and porkrinds now.

Forum List

Back