This Is For Pet Cat Owners Thinking Of Declawing Their Cats

I've never seen a cat defend itself with its back paws...

My cats grow up with dogs and they can all hold their own ... :thup:

If you leave them their rear claws, they will most certainly use them.
They don't use their rear claws to grab, they use them to cut.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam, and the deer and the catantalope play!! Where seldom is heard that they didn't catch a bird, and the dogs are at the park playing all day!! :biggrin:

By a Kung-Fu kick or something?

Yeah ... They kick with them, and their feet are holding a bunch of knives when they do.
If they roll over on their back, you may be in for a surprise at the damage they can do.

I have a dog that ended up needing stitches and would tell you right now that shit wasn't funny.

She and the cat came to an understanding.
I am just worried the cat will turn her against me at some point.
Cats are some plotting and scheming critters.

My current cat's name was Patches when I recused it from the pound as a kitten.
I changed its name to Genghis Kahn about an hour after I got home with it,
and it was ready to fight the dog and the other cat for piece of turkey.

Last edited:
Sorry guys but cats do not belong outside.I believe they should be declawed if let out.The damage they cause to wildlife is appalling.Shame on anyone who lets there cats out to shit in my yard an kill all the little creatures they cross path with for sport.
Even without front claws my cat can catch rabbits. He never hurts em, just lets em go so he can chase again.. I have a twenty pound Tiger cat who doesnt take any crap from the daughters dog even without claws. Also have two feral cats born under our deck and left. They still have theirs because you cant catch em unless you shut all the doors except the bathroom one and herd them into there. they run into the closet which has no door and the cat carrier fills it.

Yep,.. I love dogs too though as they're my second favorite animal and I desperately want one and trying to convince the rest of the family that we should get one. :D
Well, if they won't relent. . . you can always just opt for a cat. . . that LOOKS like a dog? EH?

iu

Yeah ... They kick with them, and their feet are holding a bunch of knives when they do.
If they roll over on their back, you may be in for a surprise at the damage they can do.

I have a dog that ended up needing stitches and would tell you right now that shit wasn't funny.

I don't think they would work the same way as their front claws though as usually when a cat is mad at you they bat at you first with just their paws as a warning, then they go for the claws, after that if neither of the following works they bite. Revoke them to their right of claws and they go straight to biting. I don't know how defense works for the back paws, but I'm pretty sure all they were meant for was walking/running/leaping.

I don't think they would work the same way as their front claws though as usually when a cat is mad at you they bat at you first with just their paws as a warning, then they go for the claws, after that if neither of the following works they bite. Revoke them to their right of claws and they go straight to biting. I don't know how defense works for the back paws, but I'm pretty sure all they were meant for was walking/running/leaping.

Of course they don't work the same way as front claws ...
They aren't warning you; they are kicking your ass for messing with them.

They don't have to bite you, when they can cut you and get away.

You are more than welcome to come tell my cat what she is supposed to do ...
But I don't think she is going to much care what you say.

There are many new methods of cutting a cats claws without hurting it nowadays.

One new method is capping the claw. They cut the claw back, as far as possible, without going down to the skin. Then they put a cap on the tip. This way, the claw doesn't grow back until the cap is removed. So if you decide to let your cats claws grow back, you just take it to get the caps removed.

The best way right now, is to just use a nail sander once a week to keep the claws dull and stumped. Only takes about 5 minutes once a week, to use a nail sander to keep the claws dull and short.

Nail Caps
1644096765591.png

Nail sander
1644097037851.png

That's why I included that link, there are more photos w/o the pupil dilated, you can see for yourself. . . it isn't.

Yes,.. but even so,.. how are you sure that it's a hundred percent authentic?

There are many new methods of cutting a cats claws without hurting it nowadays.

One new method is capping the claw. They cut the claw back, as far as possible, without going down to the skin. Then they put a cap on the tip. This way, the claw doesn't grow back until the cap is removed. So if you decide to let your cats claws grow back, you just take it to get the caps removed.

The best way right now, is to just use a nail sander once a week to keep the claws dull and stumped. Only takes about 5 minutes once a week, to use a nail sander to keep the claws dull and short.

Nail Caps
View attachment 597520

Nail sander
View attachment 597527

Yeah, right.

Missy would cram that right up my ass.

Btw, just in case you guys were thinking that this was the worst possible thing you can ever do to animal,.. you thought wrong.

Btw, just in case you guys were thinking that this was the worst possible thing you can ever do to animal,.. you thought wrong.

People suck. They think they're better than animals but seldom ever are.

Btw, this is my Jessie who is purrfectly happy to have her claws intact. :)

Oh yeah ... It's obvious now.
Your cat has you well training and completely brainwashed.
I am sure the cat has you convinced that they are awesome.

It's more like open warfare around my house.

Genghis will kill a snake and drag it up to the back door ... Then look at me like,
"You see that ... That could be you. You better sleep with one eye open tonight because I have your number."

I just look back at her and say ...
"You eat what you kill around here. The dog and I are having smoked salmon for dinner, and you'll be gnawing on raw snake.
Get your dinner off my porch before I throw it in the burn pit and you go hungry."

It's way more fun here ... :thup:

Oh yeah ... It's obvious now.
Your cat has you well training and completely brainwashed.
I am sure the cat has you convinced that they are awesome.

It's more like open warfare around my house.

Genghis will kill a snake and drag it up to the back door ... Then look at me like,
"You see that ... That could be you. You better sleep with one eye open tonight because I have your number."

I just look back at her and say ...
"You eat what you kill around here. The dog and I are having smoked salmon for dinner, and you'll be gnawing on raw snake.
Get your dinner off my porch before I throw it in the burn pit and you go hungry."

It's way more fun here ... :thup:

You're mean if you're making your kitty eat snake while you and your dog eat salmon.

Forum List

Back