Animals And Coping With Loneliness

This rabbit lived to be 13 and just passed lately.
I raised rabbits before my children were born. One became a true pet and it was a character. My dad even fell in love with him and whenever he would come over he'd ask if he could get Blue outta his cage. It just tickled him that Blue was so smart. As the children grew we had several rabbits as pets. They acted just like the dogs but litter trained like a cat would be.

Have you seen Leon the lobster? Store bought lobster is a youtube star in a short period of time.

I raised rabbits before my children were born. One became a true pet and it was a character. My dad even fell in love with him and whenever he would come over he'd ask if he could get Blue outta his cage. It just tickled him that Blue was so smart. As the children grew we had several rabbits as pets. They acted just like the dogs but litter trained like a cat would be.

Have you seen Leon the lobster? Store bought lobster is a youtube star in a short period of time.

No I had,nt seen the lobster, thats really unusual pet,huh?

No I had,nt seen the lobster, thats really unusual pet,huh?
The guy apparently had an empty salt tank to start out just wondering what it would be like.

Son gave me a salt water tank years ago. I loved all the critters in it and the ghost shrimp was one of my favorites. I didn't set it back up when we got back to this place because it up'd the electric bill about a hundred dollars a month to keep it heated and all.

That is hilarious when the monkey grabs the dog's mouth and is looking in there for its cake.

We do enjoy BiBi and all his animal friends. Hubby likes him riding the billy goat,lol. All our great grand kids love BiBi.

The guy apparently had an empty salt tank to start out just wondering what it would be like.

Son gave me a salt water tank years ago. I loved all the critters in it and the ghost shrimp was one of my favorites. I didn't set it back up when we got back to this place because it up'd the electric bill about a hundred dollars a month to keep it heated and all.

I get that, our bill goes up from greenhouse.
But I bet watching the lobster can be soothing though.

We love animals except snakes,lol. We don't hurt snakes just don't think they are pets,we have a snake grabber we use to catch and release them but if they come back we sometimes have to kill them. We took one rattler into the woods twice so we had to kill it.he wouldn't stay away.
My mother got bit by a large rattler almost lost her leg, plus lucky she lived to get to hospital which was 50 miles away back then.

Last edited:
We do enjoy BiBi and all his animal friends. Hubby likes him riding the billy goat,lol. All our great grand kids love BiBi.
I am sorry I didn't realize BiBi was yours.

I can picture the goat riding. We kept more animals before but livestock is just not practical for me to have in a cold winter weather state. I'd be wanting to bring them in the house if they didn't have a heated barn when it gets down near zero.

I can picture the goat riding. We kept more animals before but livestock is just not practical for me to have in a cold winter weather state. I'd be wanting to bring them in the house if they didn't have a heated barn when it gets down near zero.

We watch BiBi on YouTube along with other cute animals. It sure beats most of the things I get into sometimes,lol, like politics. I don't think I ever changed anyones mind either.
We do love animals.

Once... in a long ago time and a faraway place, James and I were taking a winter roadtrip with no destination. I looked out my window and saw about two dozen cowsicles. Poor things looked like they were toting about a crapillion pounds of snow on em. I said "Well, I'll tell you something mister, if I get cows, they're gettin blankets.

Even I thought, "WTF?"

And he looks at me astonished and asks "What the fuck? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

LOL! Today I realize blankies for cows may not be practical but still give him plenty to wonder "WTF is wrong with you?" about.

Once... in a long ago time and a faraway place, James and I were taking a winter roadtrip with no destination. I looked out my window and saw about two dozen cowsicles. Poor things looked like they were toting about a crapillion pounds of snow on em. I said "Well, I'll tell you something mister, if I get cows, they're gettin blankets.

Even I thought, "WTF?"

And he looks at me astonished and asks "What the fuck? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

LOL! Today I realize blankies for cows may not be practical but still give him plenty to wonder "WTF is wrong with you?" about.
We had a day old calf when the children were young. Huge snow storm and I wanted to bring Daisy in the house and put her on the back porch instead of leaving her in the barn. Rod said no. She got sick and... Anyhow Rod never complains when outside animals are now brought inside but I won't get livestock to keep in winter now either.

A friend brought a goat for a Summer a couple years ago. He said he's never gotten a goat that fat as Charlie got while here. He took Charlie to his place where Charlie could have girl friends and goat companions as Charlie was getting too strong for me to deal with and Winter taking care of him would have been too much for me.

You can actually buy cow blankets.

vid.gif

Forum List

Back