This Is For Pet Cat Owners Thinking Of Declawing Their Cats

I would never have any of my cats declawed, that's cruel.

But it is fun to stick a piece to tape to their tails and watch them chase it.

Mr Bodie.jpg

You've never tortured your cat with a laser pointer? :laughing0301:

Nope! She's too smart for that,... she would rather watch videos on YouTube of other cats doing it and laugh at them for how stupid they are.

Jessie: Meow, meow, meow, meow! I have all the brain cells!! :biggrin:

I've not only been against declawing, but I have been against urban dwellers owning cats.

IMO, if you can't or don't have the ability to have your cat to have the freedom to go outside? You shouldn't own one.

. . . but that is just my own opinion.

I think they are very intelligent, and making them live their entire lives in a cell, is like making humans live their entire lives in a prison.

I would never have any of my cats declawed, that's cruel.

But it is fun to stick a piece to tape to their tails and watch them chase it.

View attachment 597462

Aww,.. who's this?

I've not only been against declawing, but I have been against urban dwellers owning cats.

IMO, if you can't or don't have the ability to have your cat to have the freedom to go outside? You shouldn't own one.

Actually, indoor cats have a lot longer lifespan than outdoor ones or indoor/outdoor. Plus it's very busy around here and too easy for them to get hit by a car.

Actually, indoor cats have a lot longer lifespan than outdoor ones or indoor/outdoor. Plus it's very busy around here and too easy for them to get hit by a car.

Is your ownership of a pet cat for your gratification, or is it for the happiness, and good of the cat. You can make all the excuses you like.

Just like folks that like to declaw their cats.

I have nothing against keeping an old cat inside, once they get too old.

My mothers cat, when he reached around 15, tended not to stray too far from their backyard. . he lived to 18. Indoor cats spend most of their lives staring out the windows to watch the birds, people, and animals outside. Who give a rats ass how long a cat lives, if they don't get to hunt, and do what a cat is meant to do?

Is your ownership of a pet cat for your gratification, or is it for the happiness, and good of the cat. You can make all the excuses you like.

Just like folks that like to declaw their cats.

I have nothing against keeping an old cat inside, once they get too old.

My mothers cat, when he reached around 15, tended not to stray too far from their backyard. . he lived to 18. Indoor cats spend most of their lives staring out the windows to watch the birds, people, and animals outside. Who give a rats ass how long a cat lives, if they don't get to hunt, and do what a cat is meant to do?

They could also get lost.

. . . but that is just my own opinion.

I think they are very intelligent, and making them live their entire lives in a cell, is like making humans live their entire lives in a prison.

Molly- James' youngest cat has to be indoors. We live way out in the sticks and she is unable to defend herself against the many cat eating critters out there. Can't even jump high or climb a tree to escape.

So she's fucked.

We take the dogs out each day about the property and Missy has decided she'll be walking with us. Cuz yeah- that don't look crazy at all. I thought maybe we could try a harness but she's a lil insane so I dunno.

This summer, I hope to build a short run of wood and chicken wire or something. Run it from one living room window to the one in the kitchen and maybe a large safe cage to lounge her goofy ass about in.

I ain't a cat person- but James always has been so that makes me cat lover by proxy?

My kitty came from the shelter already declawed. My other cats learned that she was defenseless and bullied her. She spent her days under the bed. She was also reluctant to use the litterbox. She still is, but she's getting better.

The good news, at least for her, is that my other cats died off. She doesn't have to hide anymore, and now she's a sweet happy 9-year-old.. She's earned a stress-free retirement, so I won't be getting any more cats.

She does go outside, but she's very cautious. That's what will keep her safe. I had one big strong boy cat who thought he was the most badass cat in the neighborhood. That worked for a while, but he eventually found something tougher than he was.

Also, let me just say for the record that even though we don't do it with my current cat,.. I agree with harnesses and barn cats and for cats to roam around outside when there's not that much traffic as long as they are properly trained and come back that is. I just think that mostly it isn't a good idea. Especially with city cats.

They could also get lost.

:auiqs.jpg:

Cats don't get lost. Cats don't have owners, so they can't get lost. If a Cat doesn't come back it has found something better.

You only provide a place for a cat to crash and a meal. A cat is not a child. . it is a full grown animal, and it is it's own being. It knows where it is if it is a competent out door cat. The only cat that gets lost is maybe an indoor cat that has never been outside before and is introduced to a new area?

:dunno:

This guy said a few intelligent things. . . but most of it revealed his emotional dependence on animals. He treats them like children. Sad.

:auiqs.jpg:

Cats don't get lost. Cats don't have owners, so they can't get lost. If a Cat doesn't come back it has found something better.

You only provide a place for a cat to crash and a meal. A cat is not a child. . it is a full grown animal, and it is it's own being. It knows where it is if it is a competent out door cat. The only cat that gets lost is maybe an indoor cat that has never been outside before and is introduced to a new area?

:dunno:

This guy said a few intelligent things. . . but most of it revealed his emotional dependence on animals. He treats them like children. Sad.
Domestic animals have owners; they're private property.

Forum List

Back