This Is For Pet Cat Owners Thinking Of Declawing Their Cats

Molly- James' youngest cat has to be indoors. We live way out in the sticks and she is unable to defend herself against the many cat eating critters out there. Can't even jump high or climb a tree to escape.

So she's fucked.

We take the dogs out each day about the property and Missy has decided she'll be walking with us. Cuz yeah- that don't look crazy at all. I thought maybe we could try a harness but she's a lil insane so I dunno.

This summer, I hope to build a short run of wood and chicken wire or something. Run it from one living room window to the one in the kitchen and maybe a large safe cage to lounge her goofy ass about in.

I ain't a cat person- but James always has been so that makes me cat lover by proxy?
I don't understand, I really don't.

Did you get a retarded cat, or a cat without claws? Was it raised as an indoor cat?

:dunno:

I have never heard of such disabilities in a cat. :oops:

Let's point out for the record we have two entirely different subjects here. One is trying to stop animal cruelty that hurts the cats and the other is just a personal choice. Both indoor and indoor/outdoor and outdoor cats get the same amount of love so I just don't see what the issue is. :dunno:

Let's point out for the record we have two entirely different subjects here. One is trying to stop animal cruelty that hurts the cats and the other is just a personal choice. Both indoor and indoor/outdoor and outdoor cats get the same amount of love so I just don't see what the issue is. :dunno:
This is true.

I was just pointing out, that twenty years ago, I would constantly state, that declawing cats was cruel, but I was attacked by folks that were more concerned about what was good and comfortable for them, rather than the emotional well being of their cats. . . and, IMO? That is the same issue here.

IMO? If we could see into the emotional and mental desires of a cat, we would find the same thing. IN another fifty years, I believe, the same thing will become the norm.

I don't understand, I really don't.

Did you get a retarded cat, or a cat without claws? Was it raised as an indoor cat?

:dunno:

I have never heard of such disabilities in a cat. :oops:

She was born with disabilities. Born with 3 legs and she doesn't seem to be any good at most cat stuff, like landing on her feet.

She ain't right in the head, but she is loved.

Missy has decided to be a terrorist when she got growed up so we all shibber a lil when she walks her john wayne walk through the house.

I've not only been against declawing, but I have been against urban dwellers owning cats.

IMO, if you can't or don't have the ability to have your cat to have the freedom to go outside? You shouldn't own one.

. . . but that is just my own opinion.

I think they are very intelligent, and making them live their entire lives in a cell, is like making humans live their entire lives in a prison.

So they can shit and piss in your neighbors flower beds?
I ended up putting mouse traps in my flower beds to keep the fucken cats out.
Thank God my new neighborhood doesnt allow people to let their cats run free.

Thank God my new neighborhood doesnt allow people to let their cats run free.

We've got cats running around here all the time. Not only do I worry about them getting hit, but one was in my backyard and the last cat I owned burst through the screen door because she didn't like looking at it out there. Dogs need to go out, (most of the time on a leash btw) but unless they're barn cats and they live in the country then in my own personal opinion cats shouldn't if they don't have a harness. Cats don't need to go out to use the bathroom though or get their exercise (since they usually get it indoors) like dogs do.

Sorry guys but cats do not belong outside.I believe they should be declawed if let out.The damage they cause to wildlife is appalling.Shame on anyone who lets there cats out to shit in my yard an kill all the little creatures they cross path with for sport.

Sorry guys but cats do not belong outside.I believe they should be declawed if let out.

It should be exactly the opposite!! When I lost my one cat although I cried days and nights for it, I'm so glad that she had her claws to defend herself and feed herself.

Sorry guys but cats do not belong outside.I believe they should be declawed if let out.The damage they cause to wildlife is appalling.Shame on anyone who lets there cats out to shit in my yard an kill all the little creatures they cross path with for sport.

When we bought our weekend place the lady left us with at least twenty cats.
The place smelled like a litter box. Trapping them and taking them to the nearest shelter wasn't an option with it being 70 miles away.
I took matters into my own hands and got rid of all but two of them.
The return of the wildlife was dramatic,horntoads,rabbits,birds,squirrels and a shit load of others.

I declaw my cats, front claws only ... So, they have defenses.
Also ... Feral cats are a walking ecological disaster area.

Nope! She's too smart for that,... she would rather watch videos on YouTube of other cats doing it and laugh at them for how stupid they are.

Jessie: Meow, meow, meow, meow! I have all the brain cells!! :biggrin:
When I try a laser pointer my cat looks at me as if to say, “Hairless apes sure do a lot of stupid stuff.”

When we bought our weekend place the lady left us with at least twenty cats.
The place smelled like a litter box. Trapping them and taking them to the nearest shelter wasn't an option with it being 70 miles away.
I took matters into my own hands and got rid of all but two of them.
The return of the wildlife was dramatic,horntoads,rabbits,birds,squirrels and a shit load of others.

I feel bad for those kinds of people. They think they're doing the right thing but they actually aren't. Their heart is in the right place though.

I declaw my cats, front claws only ... So, they have defenses.

I've never seen a cat defend itself with its back paws... and I've been around TONS of cats in my lifetime and got attacked by quite a few when I was younger. (And even now when my cat starts getting a tad bit too feisty.)

We just don't want to risk ours getting loose, or it might be more of a drag instead of a walk.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Yeah, just saw The Paw Project's promotion of Jackson's video. Good and informative video.

Cats rule! 😸

Yep,.. I love dogs too though as they're my second favorite animal and I desperately want one and trying to convince the rest of the family that we should get one. :D

Forum List

Back