This is a "Republican" Victory?

Thanks to our Bush conservative court. Bush, the gift that just keeps on giving.

I do thank Bush for a conservative Supreme Court.

When we can get the scarecrows out of Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Stephen Breyer and John Paul Stevens and Anthony Kennedy, I'll be happier still.

May this happen after P-BO's thrown out of office in 2012 though and some sort of strict constructionalists replace them to drive us back to pre FDR stances on reading the constitution. It's time we ended this flirtation with the 'living document' theory.

Last edited:
So fritz you like the fact that foreign interests can have a HUGE say in our elections?

So fritz you like the fact that foreign interests can have a HUGE say in our elections?
Nope. But if I have to accept the fact that corporations have free speech just like individuals, 527's and labor unions, I want total transparency. All money must be declared. It is a felony and instant removal from office if shown all funds are not declared, including severe fines and jail times for those involved in hiding the funds. No more PACs or bundles that have anonymous donations. You want money to equal speech, your face is going out there. That's what I want. So I'm not happy with this, but, unfortunately, it's perfectly logical and legitimate to interpret the law this way.

We need to make voter fraud, bribery and criminal political chicanery so severe a penalty, nobody would want to try it. I'm even for including capital punishment for the worst case scenarios. Preferably televised.

Of course, we could decide to take away free speech from all non-born personages (corporations, charities, Trust funds, Unions, 527s et all.) And I may be just as happy.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del
Worse, the Republicans supported the new Iraqi Constitution. When you point out that it makes "Islam" the national religion (Article 2) and says all legislation is based on Islam and Article 31 gives all Iraqis the public option in health care, American Confederate Republicans once again lie. They say, "Hey, we have to let Iraqi's govern how they want". And yet, they forced Iraqis to insert an Article making 30% of Parlimentary seats reserved for women. Like they would do that on their own. They were pressured by Republicans.

So Iraq gets a public option and we don't. Thanks Republicans. You screwed us again.

Full Text of Iraqi Constitution - washingtonpost.com

Iraq is a sovereign nation. It is not bound by our Constitution. Why do lefties have such a problem coping with little facts such as 'we have a Constitution - under which we are governed - that Constitution does NOT remit the federal government to mandate that American citizen MUST buy health insurance'.

Sorry, but if the Federal government can constitutionally draft people to go fight and die then it's hardly a leap to think that it can defend the nation's health with mandatory insurance.

It's hardly a leap from national defense to control of the health care system? Really? Because I can find a mandate for Congress to provide for national defense, but I'm totally missing the section on health insurance. And I just don't see where requiring people to fulfill their responsibilities to the nation as citizens thereof has a damned thing to do with the question.

Nope. But if I have to accept the fact that corporations have free speech just like individuals, 527's and labor unions, I want total transparency. All money must be declared. It is a felony and instant removal from office if shown all funds are not declared, including severe fines and jail times for those involved in hiding the funds. No more PACs or bundles that have anonymous donations. You want money to equal speech, your face is going out there. That's what I want. So I'm not happy with this, but, unfortunately, it's perfectly logical and legitimate to interpret the law this way.

We need to make voter fraud, bribery and criminal political chicanery so severe a penalty, nobody would want to try it. I'm even for including capital punishment for the worst case scenarios. Preferably televised.

Of course, we could decide to take away free speech from all non-born personages (corporations, charities, Trust funds, Unions, 527s et all.) And I may be just as happy.

So as long as you know how much EADS spends to swing our presidential election it's OK?

EADS, gave money to McCain. The first presidential candidate they ever gave money to. In return, McCain supported the Air Force Tanker deal worth from 35 to 100 billion dollars. It would have been the first time a big portion of our Air Force would have been "outsourced" to France. Democrats scuttled the deal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/11/business/worldbusiness/11iht-lobby.4.10938075.html

So as long as you know how much EADS spends to swing our presidential election it's OK?

EADS, gave money to McCain. The first presidential candidate they ever gave money to. In return, McCain supported the Air Force Tanker deal worth from 35 to 100 billion dollars. It would have been the first time a big portion of our Air Force would have been "outsourced" to France. Democrats scuttled the deal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/11/business/worldbusiness/11iht-lobby.4.10938075.html
If it was publicly known, and you voted for a guy who was obviously going to be corrupt for this organization, who's damn fault is it?

I want either all or none. Not some halfassed middle ground.

So you are saying it was a "trick"? That he fooled his constituents? You are saying that you congratulate a liar?

Sorry, I'm not feeling your message. Is that what you are saying?

Pretty much exactly what I'm saying. I congratulate him out of professional courtesy, his people ran a brilliant campaign. I don't particularly like him, but I don't blame him for lying - all politicians do.
The progressive moral relativism on display here folks .. to whit: "lying is ok as long as you win" or to summarize the concept ..."might makes right".. anybody want these people in charge of their lives?

If you are talking about Brown, may I point out that he is a Republican.

Pretty much exactly what I'm saying. I congratulate him out of professional courtesy, his people ran a brilliant campaign. I don't particularly like him, but I don't blame him for lying - all politicians do.
The progressive moral relativism on display here folks .. to whit: "lying is ok as long as you win" or to summarize the concept ..."might makes right".. anybody want these people in charge of their lives?

If you are talking about Brown, may I point out that he is a Republican.

to paraphrase churchill, brown can change his party, but you will still be an addlepated fuckwit.

kudos

If it was known he was getting BJs while running, would he have been elected???

Does everything have to be "explained"? Seriously? Everything?

You didn't know the guy was an Nth-degree horndog who can't even spell "marital fidelity"?! Seriously? Really, WHO is keeping all this shit a secret from you leftists? Do you all live on Mars, and just beam down to Earth every so often to vote?

Oh, don't pretend you knew something you didn't. If Republicans believed that, they would have gone after that from the start and not Whitewater.

I'm not pretending anything, dumbass. YOU are the one acting like you just fell off the turnip truck and, lo and behold, Bill Clinton was a horny dick coming on to every woman who crossed his path. This was NOT a newsflash at any point in time, and it was NOT hidden during the campaign, except apparently from you.

During the campaign for the New Hampshire Primary reports of an extramarital affair with Gennifer Flowers surfaced. As Clinton fell far behind former Massachusetts Senator Paul Tsongas in the New Hampshire polls,[16] following the Super Bowl, Clinton and his wife Hillary went on 60 Minutes to refute the charges. - from Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Normally I never cite Wikipedia as a source, but I know you love it, so it seems you might have bothered to consult it on this topic at some point.

As a Democratic presidential candidate in 1991-92, Clinton successfully fended off nagging allegations of marital infidelity, pot smoking, and draft dodging. - from The History Place - Impeachment: Bill Clinton

Mr. Clinton, who had vowed to say no more about the accusations of marital infidelity that have plagued his campaign and prompted him to defend himself on the CBS News program "60 Minutes" on Sunday, almost immediately broke that pledge on his campaign swing through the South today. - THE 1992 CAMPAIGN: Democrats; CLINTON ATTEMPTS TO IGNORE RUMORS - NYTimes.com

So I have no idea what rock you were cowering under during Clinton's Presidential campaign, but it was NOT news that he was a horndog.

Seriously, does everything have to be explained?

Now Bush, it was widely predicted what Bush and the Republicans would do to this country. Turned out the reality was way worse.

If one defines "worse" as "doing things that rdean didn't like and want." Personally, I consider that to be a good thing. One of my favorite things about President Bush was how much dickheads like you hated him, and how he made you froth at the mouth (not that that was difficult).

Now, the Supreme Court has opened up the political system to foreign companies overturning laws that have been in place for a century. Ironic the Republican Party, which hates foreigners, has just oped our political process to foreigners. Other countries will be deciding who are candidates will be and Republicans are just too, over the top stupid, to see it. How can that be?

Ironic that Democrats, who LOVED the idea of foreigners when Clinton was taking campaign donations from foreign governments and when illegal aliens are flooding over our borders, suddenly come over all xenophobic at the idea that a company doing business in the United States, under US laws, employing US citizens, might actually have a say in those laws which affect it, just because some of its shareholders and BOD might be foreign nationals. Whatever happened to that popular liberal phrase, "citizen of the world"? Hypocrites.

Also Ironic, the Republicans claim they hate "activist" judges, and now "activist" judges have just ripped our political process in half and ignorant Republicans are applauding. Why, because it was conservatives who did it, so it MUST be good.

Sad, that there are putative adults in this country who can't define "activist" to save their worthless, shriveled souls. On the other hand, you were probably one of the ones who was stumped by the meaning of the word "is", too.

How can you people not see that? How?

We're blinded by the fact that you don't like it, which generally means it must be a good thing, since you're too pig-stupid to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Thanks to our Bush conservative court. Bush, the gift that just keeps on giving.

Yup. He just keeps giving you fits, which always gives me a happy. By all means, continue to be more upset. The more you hate something, the more I like it, because nothing you agree with could ever possibly be a good thing.

He's the kind of Republican I've been telling conservatives they ought to get behind if they want the GOP to come back (as opposed to getting behind idiots like Palin and creepazoids like Doug Hoffman)

They always told me I was full of it, and why should they take advice from a liberal?

Now you know why.

I agree with you about this but I also think democrats want a guy like this too.

Most people don't like extremists in any party.

You didn't know the guy was an Nth-degree horndog who can't even spell "marital fidelity"?! Seriously? Really, WHO is keeping all this shit a secret from you leftists? Do you all live on Mars, and just beam down to Earth every so often to vote?

Oh, don't pretend you knew something you didn't. If Republicans believed that, they would have gone after that from the start and not Whitewater.

I'm not pretending anything, dumbass. YOU are the one acting like you just fell off the turnip truck and, lo and behold, Bill Clinton was a horny dick coming on to every woman who crossed his path. This was NOT a newsflash at any point in time, and it was NOT hidden during the campaign, except apparently from you.

During the campaign for the New Hampshire Primary reports of an extramarital affair with Gennifer Flowers surfaced. As Clinton fell far behind former Massachusetts Senator Paul Tsongas in the New Hampshire polls,[16] following the Super Bowl, Clinton and his wife Hillary went on 60 Minutes to refute the charges. - from Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Normally I never cite Wikipedia as a source, but I know you love it, so it seems you might have bothered to consult it on this topic at some point.

As a Democratic presidential candidate in 1991-92, Clinton successfully fended off nagging allegations of marital infidelity, pot smoking, and draft dodging. - from The History Place - Impeachment: Bill Clinton

Mr. Clinton, who had vowed to say no more about the accusations of marital infidelity that have plagued his campaign and prompted him to defend himself on the CBS News program "60 Minutes" on Sunday, almost immediately broke that pledge on his campaign swing through the South today. - THE 1992 CAMPAIGN: Democrats; CLINTON ATTEMPTS TO IGNORE RUMORS - NYTimes.com

So I have no idea what rock you were cowering under during Clinton's Presidential campaign, but it was NOT news that he was a horndog.

If one defines "worse" as "doing things that rdean didn't like and want." Personally, I consider that to be a good thing. One of my favorite things about President Bush was how much dickheads like you hated him, and how he made you froth at the mouth (not that that was difficult).

Ironic that Democrats, who LOVED the idea of foreigners when Clinton was taking campaign donations from foreign governments and when illegal aliens are flooding over our borders, suddenly come over all xenophobic at the idea that a company doing business in the United States, under US laws, employing US citizens, might actually have a say in those laws which affect it, just because some of its shareholders and BOD might be foreign nationals. Whatever happened to that popular liberal phrase, "citizen of the world"? Hypocrites.

Sad, that there are putative adults in this country who can't define "activist" to save their worthless, shriveled souls. On the other hand, you were probably one of the ones who was stumped by the meaning of the word "is", too.

How can you people not see that? How?

We're blinded by the fact that you don't like it, which generally means it must be a good thing, since you're too pig-stupid to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Yup. He just keeps giving you fits, which always gives me a happy. By all means, continue to be more upset. The more you hate something, the more I like it, because nothing you agree with could ever possibly be a good thing.

, who LOVED the idea of foreigners when Clinton was taking campaign donations from foreign governments and when illegal aliens are flooding over our borders, suddenly come over all xenophobic

You can prove that right?

You know, conservatives made such a big deal that Clinton signed an affidavit where he said, "I never had sex with that woman". The affidavit never made it to court.

Now Bush on the other hand, signed an affidavit that he had never been arrested nor convicted of a crime, something ALL president are required to do. Turned out that he was arrested, convicted, went to jail and lost he driver's license for "drunk driving". His excuse was "I forgot". Did he forget because he was drunk or because he lied when signing the affidavit and then again when he lied to the American people BEFORE the election? Curious.

, who LOVED the idea of foreigners when Clinton was taking campaign donations from foreign governments and when illegal aliens are flooding over our borders, suddenly come over all xenophobic

You know, conservatives made such a big deal that Clinton signed an affidavit where he said, "I never had sex with that woman". The affidavit never made it to court.

Now Bush on the other hand, signed an affidavit that he had never been arrested nor convicted of a crime, something ALL president are required to do. Turned out that he was arrested, convicted, went to jail and lost he driver's license for "drunk driving". His excuse was "I forgot". Did he forget because he was drunk or because he lied when signing the affidavit and then again when he lied to the American people BEFORE the election? Curious.

No, I believe I'm tired of doing your back homework for you. If you spent the entire 1990s with your head up your rectum, totally oblivious to the world around you, that's not my problem. Go figure it out for yourself.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval- January 23, 2010

47% - 47%

Each result is based on a three-day rolling average
Gallup tracks daily the percentage of Americans who approve or disapprove of the job Barack Obama is doing as president.
Editorial note: Gallup did not conduct interviews Dec. 8, due to pre-planned scheduling nor Dec. 9, due to severe weather around its interviewing centers in the Midwest. The next Gallup Daily tracking update will be Dec. 11.

Just kinda figured I'd throw an uber pwn exclamation point into this dying thread fior the benefit of the k00ks..................

Ooooooooooooooooops !!!!!

Holy crap...........a smidge over a year of this guy in office and who knew the fall would be so absurdly epic!!!!!:lol::lol:

No, I believe I'm tired of doing your back homework for you. If you spent the entire 1990s with your head up your rectum, totally oblivious to the world around you, that's not my problem. Go figure it out for yourself.

pouting-little-girl-istock_000006840535xsmall5.jpg

Republicans are so sensitive. Their widdle feelwings get hert.

ooooops...............wrong size.................

poar01_obama0803-11.jpg

Ahhh.............that's more like it. Imagine being a liberal these days?? Holy fcukk............how miserable are these people?:funnyface::funnyface:

I mean........... look at guys like this Dean guy........... never logs out of this site for Christsakes. :eek:

Last edited:

pouting-little-girl-istock_000006840535xsmall5.jpg

Republicans are so sensitive. Their widdle feelwings get hert.

For you to hurt my feelings (and there is a strong consensus afoot that I haven't any), you would have to have much better aim. Right now, you're a blind knife thrower, facing the other direction.

poar01_obama0803-11.jpg

Ahhh.............that's more like it. Imagine being a liberal these days?? Holy fcukk............how miserable are these people?:funnyface::funnyface:

I mean........... look at guys like this Dean guy........... never logs out of this site for Christsakes. :eek:

At least they're employed.

poar01_obama0803-11.jpg

At least they're employed.

Unlike liberals, conservatives don't need to be in office to still be employed.

Forum List

Back