This Amazing 1964 Campaign Ad Predicted Donald Trump

I need names of prominent Democrats who switched parties. Otherwise, eat your beets.
A prime example is Mr. Dixiecrat himself, Strom Thurmond.

And he was, I believe, the only one, and switched for elective purposes, not to protest CRA64

He's not the only one who started voting Republican for president. Most of the South started voting Republican as of 1964.

Name Democrats of note who did so. Al Gore Sr. maybe?

What you may find interesting and current is Jim DeMint – a well know and recognized leader among GOP conservatives………..

His remarks on the reasons for the GOP initiative in passing new voter ID laws in the 26 GOP controlled states………

And were designed so “that the laws are actually intended to depress voter-turnout among the populations that are least likely to hold state-issued photo ID—students, the poor, minorities, and the elderly who are most likely to vote Democratic—and improve conservative prospects in elections, despite demographic changes that favor liberal candidates.”

It's early here yet, and I may be missing something. Where in that article does DeMint say that?

As to Voter ID, it keeps the foreign and the dead from voting, ergo as a matter of course favors those opposed to the Democrats.

There is but one valid reason to oppose Voter ID, and it is nefarious.

"Where" you ask......... as the location as to where he made the statement?

What you may find interesting and current is Jim DeMint – a well know and recognized leader among GOP conservatives………..

His remarks on the reasons for the GOP initiative in passing new voter ID laws in the 26 GOP controlled states………

And were designed so “that the laws are actually intended to depress voter-turnout among the populations that are least likely to hold state-issued photo ID—students, the poor, minorities, and the elderly who are most likely to vote Democratic—and improve conservative prospects in elections, despite demographic changes that favor liberal candidates.”

It's early here yet, and I may be missing something. Where in that article does DeMint say that?

As to Voter ID, it keeps the foreign and the dead from voting, ergo as a matter of course favors those opposed to the Democrats.

Yes.

Yes.
Sorry to hear that

I need names of prominent Democrats who switched parties. Otherwise, eat your beets.
And he was, I believe, the only one, and switched for elective purposes, not to protest CRA64
He's not the only one who started voting Republican for president. Most of the South started voting Republican as of 1964.
Name Democrats of note who did so.
Jesse Helms

He was a progressive who voted for the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and lost his seat in 1970 on account of it. Glad you brought him up. With the Republican Southern Strategy in place and that example, Democrats began to switch parties in droves.

He was a progressive who voted for the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and lost his seat in 1970 on account of it. Glad you brought him up.

He voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Apparently learned the lesson and attempted to apply it in the later vote, as did many Democrats influenced by American Communists.

(BTW, civil rights were one of the few things the Commies of the time actually had right, and had been active it it for decades. Interesting that the early support for it came from the Republicans)

With the Republican Southern Strategy in place and that example, Democrats began to switch parties in droves.

"Well, I thought it was a lovely story. And, you tell it so well. With such enthusiasm!"

Last edited:
Jesse Helms

That's one. Wow.

And he for several reasons other than black civil rights.

This brave republican did this ad in 1964 for the Johnson campaign.

http://thedailybanter.com/2016/03/this-amazing-1964-campaign-ad-predicted-donald-trump/

For all the similarities between Bogert's "confession" and today's Republican agita at Trump's rise, there's a major difference. A Republican in 1964 could fairly claim that Goldwater's brand of conservatism had snuck up on him, but in 2016, Trump isn't sneaking up on anyone. He's been carefully grown and tended like the Death's Head moth in Silence of the Lambs. Any Republican with the nerve to be surprised by Trump today deserves every pang of discomfort.

Yeah, it's fucking Nostradamus.

Jesse Helms

That's one. Wow.

And he for several reasons other than black civil rights.
Poor Billy, never took history.

03195r.jpg

Democrats endorsing Goldwater.

Democrats who stopped voting Democrat when they realized the Democratic Party wasn't going to put up with their racist shit anymore.

Ri-iiiight.

How many Democrats of note became Republicans?

Names please.
The voters of the South. They're note worthy.

I need names of prominent Democrats who switched parties.

Otherwise, eat your beets.
Strom Thurmond.

Jesse Helms.

Mills Godwin.

You're welcome.

The Deep South has always been conservative. The names of the parties might change, but they haven't.

Low taxes, strong military, pro gun, the oppression of minorities under the cover of "states rights". Ring a bell?

Nixon's Southern Strategy: "It's All In The Charts"

"From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that...but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats."

So a Democrat used an actor to put together a contrived "I'm a Republican and they're not" cartoon?

Gosh, that's something really unusual!

All it shows is that the Democrats still rely on the public's unchanged gullibility with media.
The actor in the ad was a Republican. That was a requirement to get the role.

Nice try.

Confessions of a Former Republican

I’d always presumed that the actor in the “Confessions of a Republican” commercial was also a Democrat. Why would a Republican actor sign on to do a commercial at the expense of his own Party?

“No, I’m a Republican. I just couldn’t stand Barry Goldwater. I was terrified of him.”

Jesse Helms
That's one. Wow. And he for several reasons other than black civil rights.
Now you can't read!!! That's TWO. They're just the most famous. There were a lot more or they wouldn't have kept getting re-elected.

Democrats endorsing Goldwater.

Democrats who stopped voting Democrat when they realized the Democratic Party wasn't going to put up with their racist shit anymore.

Ri-iiiight.

How many Democrats of note became Republicans?

Names please.
The voters of the South. They're note worthy.

I need names of prominent Democrats who switched parties.

Otherwise, eat your beets.
Strom Thurmond.

Jesse Helms.

Mills Godwin.

You're welcome.

Ooh, three now.

The numbers are staggering.:laugh:

Jesse Helms
Now you can't read!!! That's TWO. They're just the most famous. There were a lot more or they wouldn't have kept getting re-elected.

Jess Helms is not two.

Jeez ...

Last edited:
Jesse Helms

Jess Helms is not two.

Jeez ...
Nice trick, you edited out the other name. Are you trying to get yourself banned? You seem to forget that I'm not as stupid as you are.

Jesse Helms

Jess Helms is not two.

Jeez ...
Nice trick, you edited out the other name. Are you trying to get yourself banned? You seem to forget that I'm not as stupid as you are.

I edited nothing. Brevity is the soul of wisdom. The rest of the thread is there and easily accessible by following the little arrows.

Yes, you mentioned Thurmond earlier and singularly. You mentioned Helms singularly.

If you will note, I stated three in response to G5000.

Is your safe space nearby?

Forum List

Back