This Amazing 1964 Campaign Ad Predicted Donald Trump

And the cow jumped over the moon.

03195r.jpg

Democrats endorsing Goldwater.

Democrats who stopped voting Democrat when they realized the Democratic Party wasn't going to put up with their racist shit anymore.

Ri-iiiight.

How many Democrats of note became Republicans?

Names please.
The voters of the South. They're note worthy.

I need names of prominent Democrats who switched parties.

Otherwise, eat your beets.

Because the Republicans took the South away from the Democrats by appealing to its racist traditions.

And the cow jumped over the moon.

03195r.jpg

Democrats who stopped voting Democrat when they realized the Democratic Party wasn't going to put up with their racist shit anymore.

Ri-iiiight.

Names please.

Goldwater won 88% of the vote in Mississippi in 1964, a state that had gone Republican exactly once since the Civil War.
upload_2016-5-2_23-18-6.png

Interesting eh? Johnson and the liberal Democrats and liberal Republicans pass the Civil Rights Act and magically,

true blue Mississippi turns red.

Ri-iiiight.

Names please.

Red Herring. The Southern conservative Democrats started voting for Republican Presidents.

Ri-iiiight.

Names please.

Red Herring. The Southern conservative Democrats started voting for Republican Presidents.
Same Red Herring the Right always uses. Either they're stupid or they're lying.

Ri-iiiight.

Names please.

Names, bud.

You can't, can you?

Ri-iiiight.

Names please.

Names, bud.

You can't, can you?

I named 88% of Mississippi voters. I'm not going to try to teach you how elections work.

Ri-iiiight.

Names please.

Names, bud.

You can't, can you?

I named 88% of Mississippi voters. I'm not going to try to teach you how elections work.
I guess Billy is among the stupid.

This brave republican did this ad in 1964 for the Johnson campaign.

http://thedailybanter.com/2016/03/this-amazing-1964-campaign-ad-predicted-donald-trump/

For all the similarities between Bogert's "confession" and today's Republican agita at Trump's rise, there's a major difference. A Republican in 1964 could fairly claim that Goldwater's brand of conservatism had snuck up on him, but in 2016, Trump isn't sneaking up on anyone. He's been carefully grown and tended like the Death's Head moth in Silence of the Lambs. Any Republican with the nerve to be surprised by Trump today deserves every pang of discomfort.

I wonder why you didn't run the whole spot, 18 seconds is a bit out of context.

Question: Why do you employ Chance the Gardener as an avatar? He was a complete idiot mistaken for a genius by media and politics, much like Obama.

It doesn't help your ... ummm, cause much.

It would seem you do not know what you are talking about .....and surely has nothing to connect Obama with/to

This may be shocking.......Obama is not responsible for ALL of the worlds problems............as yourself for example

Names, bud.

You can't, can you?

I guess Billy is among the stupid.

He doesn't even know what he's trying to prove, let alone knowing how to prove it.

So a Democrat used an actor to put together a contrived "I'm a Republican and they're not" cartoon?

Gosh, that's something really unusual!

All it shows is that the Democrats still rely on the public's unchanged gullibility with media.

The parallel with today's Mr. Trump is striking.......With a little work it could be used most effectively against Trump...

http://thedailybanter.com/2016/03/this-amazing-1964-campaign-ad-predicted-donald-trump/

For all the similarities between Bogert's "confession" and today's Republican agita at Trump's rise, there's a major difference. A Republican in 1964 could fairly claim that Goldwater's brand of conservatism had snuck up on him, but in 2016, Trump isn't sneaking up on anyone. He's been carefully grown and tended like the Death's Head moth in Silence of the Lambs. Any Republican with the nerve to be surprised by Trump today deserves every pang of discomfort.

The original ran for 4 minutes.........and had a devastating effect on Goldwater campaign.....WHY? Because all of the facts mentioned were well-known and true .........And strikingly similar to today and Mr. Trump.......

The original ran for 4 minutes.........and had a devastating effect on Goldwater campaign.....WHY? Because all of the facts mentioned were well-known and true .........And strikingly similar to today and Mr. Trump.......

Only problem with the narrative is the dump isn't a republican, the majority of the party hasn't voted for him. The only reason he's done as well as he has is tons of dems crossed over to vote for him in open primary states hoping to make him the nominee, they're looking for an easy win in Nov. They may be sorry they did that.

Why don't you run it?

Why don't you run it?

Hey, I'm not the one that posted a bit of out of context crap, pretending it's a reasonable point, you did that, I just called you on it. But then I don't depend on left wing crap sites to get talking points either.

Why don't you run it?

Hey, I'm not the one that posted a bit of out of context crap, pretending it's a reasonable point, you did that, I just called you on it. But then I don't depend on left wing crap sites to get talking points either.

LOL

So a Democrat used an actor to put together a contrived "I'm a Republican and they're not" cartoon?

Gosh, that's something really unusual!

All it shows is that the Democrats still rely on the public's unchanged gullibility with media.
Lots of Republicans felt the way Bogert did.
Goldwater lost the entire country, except the Deep South and his home state of Arizona.

Indeed, Johnson had four years. Republicans the next eight. Then Carter four. Republicans the next twelve.

Because the Republicans took the South away from the Democrats by appealing to its racist traditions.
More accurately – as Southern Democrats became advocates of civil rights and defending the protected liberties of all Americans during the late 60s and early 70s, bringing them in line with democrats across the country, conservative democrats in the South hostile to citizens’ civil rights and protected liberties abandoned the Democratic Party to become republicans.

This was an effective ad in the 60’s nut Dems may not have to do all the work to defeat the Trumpster….

But to joint with GOP efforts to defeat Mr. Trump

Today……….

One of the most esteemed conservative thinkers – George Will is calling for a 50 state loss for Donald Trump........

If Trump is nominated, the GOP must keep him out of the White House

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/20/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-party.html?_r=0rPac’s hav

SO NOW:

The Stop Trump Movement has become the NO Trump movement....

‘No Trump Anytime’ signs are popping up around the country

Forum List

Back