Things the government runs well

Hmmmmm...let me scratch my head here Rabbi and ask myself why you would need proof that people give less money to charity during hard economic times

I admit that it does sound contradictory, however, if we could religion as charity I think I might explain: Whenever we have an acceptionally bad harvest, we always sacrifice MORE offerings to the gods.

It isn't that contributions decline. That's a given. It's that contributions decline to the point that essential services are not offered is the issue. That is Nutwinger's fantasy that he will not provide evidence for.

"Essential Services"

I suppose you mean bussing crippled retards to school where they MUST take 3 years of Math to graduate, and watering the grass on their football field costs $10K a year?

I always like to look at a simplified static service industry like the Post office as an example of just how horrid gov. style/systemic mgt. is.

the post office is not a fluid enterprise.

They have a set delivery schedule,set customer base, they have a set delivery geography etc. and a very reasonable yardstick that has been bench-marked over the years as to quantity of delivery, in fact it has been going down, so the infrastructure burden should be equalized vis a vis higher vs. lower seasonal volume and the operational burden(s) lower per head.

BUT gov. has allowed them to unionize etc. there by.....fill in the blank_____________.

So why are they on schedule for a 6 BILLION dollar loss this year?

I admit that it does sound contradictory, however, if we could religion as charity I think I might explain: Whenever we have an acceptionally bad harvest, we always sacrifice MORE offerings to the gods.

It isn't that contributions decline. That's a given. It's that contributions decline to the point that essential services are not offered is the issue. That is Nutwinger's fantasy that he will not provide evidence for.

"Essential Services"

I suppose you mean bussing crippled retards to school where they MUST take 3 years of Math to graduate, and watering the grass on their football field costs $10K a year?

http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/25115-rabbit_pancake_head.jpg

And ye, Hairy one. ?
How many stamps are on your passport ? Do you even have one ?

it doesnt matter how many Stamps i have asshole.....at least i have never had to run from a Country or left because it wasnt going my way so i cried like a baby and left.....when you RAN from the US this Country went up a notch....poor Costa Rica...they get to have a Cowardly piece of shit who will do the same if things dont go your way down there.....must be nice to have to go outside to take a shit.....

I always like to look at a simplified static service industry like the Post office as an example of just how horrid gov. style/systemic mgt. is.

They have a set delivery schedule,set customer base, they have a set delivery geography etc. and a very reasonable yardstick that has been bench-marked over the years as to quantity of delivery, in fact it has been going down, so the infrastructure burden should be equalized vis a vis higher vs. lower seasonal volume and the operational burden(s) lower per head.

BUT gov. has allowed them to unionize etc. there by.....fill in the blank_____________.

We're supposed to be addressing what we think Gov't is doing WELL.

25115-rabbit_pancake_head.jpg

Hmmmmm...let me scratch my head here Rabbi and ask myself why you would need proof that people give less money to charity during hard economic times

No, not quite Rabbi

Its that more people get laid off during hard times, more people need help and charity has less money coming in

Any way you crunch the numbers Rabbi....you lose

Or in reality, people in need lose out

No, not quite Rabbi

Its that more people get laid off during hard times, more people need help and charity has less money coming in

Do you have proof that the increased numbers and decreased donations reach the critical point where services are not available?
If not, STFU.

Our Veterans

This is ridiculous. Not only does the Veterans Health Administration score better on quality measures than virtually any other area of the American health care system (RAND, CBO), it rates considerably higher in patient satisfaction than do other payers or providers. In 2009, the VHA had an American Consumer Satisfaction Index score of 88. Hospitals nationwide had a rating of 77 that year and health insurance had a rating of 75 (the highest scoring individual big name insurer, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, scored a 73).

If you want to attack the government as being unable to run anything well, the VHA is the last place you want this conversation to go.

Last edited:

No, not quite Rabbi

Do you have proof that the increased numbers and decreased donations reach the critical point where services are not available?
If not, STFU.

Ohhhhhhh....Rabbi needs PROOF that private charities cannot handle the burden of supporting all people in need during economic downturns

How about the entire 1930s ????

How well did private charities do in saving people from the dustbowl? How well did they support the 25% who were unemployed? How well did they do in keeping people from losing everything they owned?

Now where is your PROOF?

No, not quite Rabbi

If not, STFU.

Ohhhhhhh....Rabbi needs PROOF that private charities cannot handle the burden of supporting all people in need during economic downturns

How well did private charities do in saving people from the dustbowl? How well did they support the 25% who were unemployed? How well did they do in keeping people from losing everything they owned?

Now where is your PROOF?

Rightwinger watched, "Grapes of Wrath," which proves that Only Government, and No Charities helped the economically devestated 1930's.

Hollywood produced movies are always reliable, accurate records of historical context.

What private sector has never made a mistake or an error? I mean if Govt is a failure because they make mistakes then why cant the same be said for the private sector.

What private sector has never made a mistake or an error? I mean if Govt is a failure because they make mistakes then why cant the same be said for the private sector.

Because when the private sector makes errors, they do it on their own dime. When gov't makes mistakes we the taxpayers pay for it.

If not, STFU.

Now where is your PROOF?

Rightwinger watched, "Grapes of Wrath," which proves that Only Government, and No Charities helped the economically devestated 1930's.

Hollywood produced movies are always reliable, accurate records of historical context.

Where were all those private charities to help the Okies?

Some economic disasters are too big for private charity to handle

Now where is your PROOF?

But most aren't. So why is government taking responsibility for all of them, when those needs can be met cheaper and more efficiently by private charity?

But most aren't. So why is government taking responsibility for all of them, when those needs can be met cheaper and more efficiently by private charity?

Where is your proof?

We're supposed to be addressing what we think Gov't is doing WELL.

image removed by me

That's the rub though. There is NOTHING that the government runs well, just things that the government MUST run ;)

Now where is your PROOF?

You think the government "handled" ANY economic disaster?

Or EVERY Economic disaster?

To be perfectly honest, neither government or charity (Red Cross?) provides much releif for economic disaster.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back