Kept our food and medical supplies safe
Built the worlds best National Parks system
Constructed an interstate highway system
Managed our communications infrastructure to include satellites
Managed a peaceful transition of power every four years
Kept the worlds oceans open for transportation and commerce

What? No mention of having won the "War on Poverty???":eek:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

When I look back on what constituted poverty in the 1960s (people living with no electricity, no running water, limited food) to what is considered to be poverty today....the Gubmint has done a pretty good job

Wonderful.

I guess we don't need to increase the budget for SS and Medicare anytime soon then.
:razz:

Economies do not demand endlessly inflating fiat.

yes they do.

:lol:

That you think economies demand fiat of ever decreasing value shows what a loon you are.
a lot of clueless folks might think that i'm a loon on a number of subjects they're ignorant about. the fact remains that anyone who does know what they are talking about can recognize that economic activity will result in a reduction of the money supply, dousing commerce altogether. recognizing this, monetarists, not keynesians, advocate the potential for a positive inflation target to steward economic growth -- to mitigate stagflation due to an unaccommodating money supply. your econ brief doesn't even consider deflation or demand for currency, just supply and inflation. it is garbage. you should inform yourself on classical economic mechanisms, then reassess what you think the role of money in an economy is. as it is, you dont demonstrate that you have a clue.

What? No mention of having won the "War on Poverty???":eek:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

When I look back on what constituted poverty in the 1960s (people living with no electricity, no running water, limited food) to what is considered to be poverty today....the Gubmint has done a pretty good job

Wonderful.

I guess we don't need to increase the budget for SS and Medicare anytime soon then.

Since the intent of this thread is to collectively moan about how inept our Gubmint is....why has nobody picked up my challenge to name a Government we should model ourselves after.

Come on people....Sweden, France, Finland, Japan

Someone must have a government better than the good ole US

How about Chile...they had a lot of fans last week

Wonderful.

Since the intent of this thread is to collectively moan about how inept our Gubmint is....why has nobody picked up my challenge to name a Government we should model ourselves after.

gumby_pokey_xmas_lg-7.jpg

Wonderful.

Why do you think the Model would be one that already exists in the world?

:)

Government Over-Spends, Creates Dependants & Taxes Very Well !

French protest austerity plan & nearly bring country to a standstill.

Scattered fuel shortages rattled drivers and businesses across France on Saturday, as tens of thousands marched for the fifth time in a month to protest President Nicolas Sarkozy's plan to raise the retirement age to 62.

Frequent strikes in the last few weeks have hobbled French trains and airports, closed schools and docks, and left garbage piling up in the southern port of Marseille.

But now the airline industry is getting worried, after all of France's 12 fuel-producing refineries went on strike and many depots were being blocked by protesters. Police were called in to force three crucial fuel depots to reopen Friday, including one outside Marseille.

As fearful drivers headed to the pumps, Finance Minister Christine Lagarde urged the nation not to panic. "Today, there is no reason, no reason ... to panic,"

This is so great. Can we be just like France? Nanny state government is simply wonderful.

It is the fact that at every turn government programs are wrought with Waste, and abuse and inefficiency

Here is where you report your complaints. If you don't complain, the GAO doesn't know about it. So make a report!!! :eusa_angel:

FraudNet/Reporting Fraud

Why don't you get right on to reporting these frauds I list below. Oh I know you would rather have congressmen steal tax dollars & payoff fraudulent voters & family members over $90 Million. Just as long as they are in the right party.

Democrat Russ Carnahan votes for $90 Million pay-off

Democrat Robin Carnahan ACORN$450,000 Pay-Off with Tax Dollars.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXBOgPCh9w"]Carnahan SEIU Union Thugs Beating a Black Conservative[/ame]

Obama Pays his Big Money Backer's BP & George Soros back with your tax dollars & Gulf drilling moratorium. BP & Soros owned large share of Brazil's Petrobras. Obama drove up Petrobras stock by investing Billions of tax dollars into Petrobras & banning USA Gulf Drilling.

This is a small taste of the kind of corruption Democrats bring to Government.

Our government has...

Built the strongest military in the history of mankind
Put a man on the moon
Pushed medical research
Kept our food and medical supplies safe
Built the worlds best National Parks system
Constructed an interstate highway system
Managed our communications infrastructure to include satellites
Managed a peaceful transition of power every four years
Kept the worlds oceans open for transportation and commerce

All good points and commendable accomplishments, you forget one very and the most important fact, we earned these privileges with hard work.......

But let's try to stick with accountability with my tax dollars that I earn and they spend irresponsibly......

I'll assure you there is not enough room on all of our computers to chronicle their mismanagement, that's the point, the only point, when they make the same sacrifice most Americans make daily I'll be a little more receptive.....

Currently 36% of our Congressman/woman are lawyers, incredible figure.....

I have a hard time sympathizing with a US Congressman/woman who makes $174K a year and is in session tops 150 days a year? Do you still wonder why we have problems.....

Do you think $174K is a lot of money for a top executive?

Do you consider Shelia Jackson Lee a top exec???? Come on.....The top exec's I know make a hell of a lot more than $174K.....The fact that we pay Pelosi $20K more than that is deafining.....

Wonderful.

Why do you think the Model would be one that already exists in the world?

:)

Oh...I get it

We are talking fantasy governments with no taxes, plenty of benefits and honest as the day is long

All good points and commendable accomplishments, you forget one very and the most important fact, we earned these privileges with hard work.......

But let's try to stick with accountability with my tax dollars that I earn and they spend irresponsibly......

I'll assure you there is not enough room on all of our computers to chronicle their mismanagement, that's the point, the only point, when they make the same sacrifice most Americans make daily I'll be a little more receptive.....

Currently 36% of our Congressman/woman are lawyers, incredible figure.....

I have a hard time sympathizing with a US Congressman/woman who makes $174K a year and is in session tops 150 days a year? Do you still wonder why we have problems.....

Do you think $174K is a lot of money for a top executive?

Do you consider Shelia Jackson Lee a top exec???? Come on.....The top exec's I know make a hell of a lot more than $174K.....The fact that we pay Pelosi $20K more than that is deafining.....

You didn't vote for them...others did

Since this is a thread to say how much better private industry is than the Government. How well would Goggle, Dell or Microsoft do if they paid their top executives $174K a year with no bonuses?

the idea of 'backing' currency is silly to start with independent from its influence on demand.

:eusa_eh:

A piece of paper has no value. Things are good as a common good of exchange because they're considered universally valuable. A huge part of value is rarity. Do you not comprehend that inflating the money supply devalues the currency? Do you not comprehend the most basic tenets of economics? The only reason people originally recognized the dollar as having any value was because it could be exchanged for gold or silver- things already recognized as having value. Being tied to no physical assets means the only reason the dollar is treated as having any value is because you get put in prison for using anything else (see: Liberty Dollar) and the supply is easily inflated, thereby devaluing the the currency and fueling rampant inflation- while also enabling massive deficit spending in the form of spending the money right after it's printed and before the inflationary effect hits, thereby hiding the true cost of the expenses.

i have no idea what you are thinking with this backed by bombs and bullets bit.

Americans are threatened at gunpoint to use the dollar. The rest of the world has only been using it because we had the only nukes and we kill anyone who resists.

We began plotting the end of Saddam soon after he announced his wish to switch to the Euro.

Actually gold has no value either. Neither does silver. Or any other commodity. They have value only because people want them. Just like a dollar.
The rest of the world has used the dollar since WW2, even though both Russia and China had nukes. So I guess your history is a little weak there.

Well, there are a few things the government runs -- not well, but nonetheless, better than any private enterprise could.

* National defense

* Law enforcement

* Food safety

* Drug safety

* Vital records

* Transportation, meaning roads, bridges, rails, air traffic

* Banking and currency

I'm stuck now. I'm sure there are more, but I cannot conjure them up ATM.

Hahahahahaha. Send me some of that !
@ 911
@ Don't taze me Nazi.
@ Salmonella much ?
@ Oooops.He died
@ :confused:
@[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD20rCe_UAw&has_verified=1[/ame]
@ Too big to fail

MINNEAPOLIS — A year after the worst U.S. bridge collapse in a generation brought calls for immediate repairs to other spans, two of every three of the busiest problem bridges in each state — carrying nearly 40 million vehicles a day — have had no work beyond regular maintenance.

No rush to fix bridges since collapse - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com

But 2006 Federal Highway Administration statistics also showed that more than 70,000 bridges, about 12 percent of the total, were structurally deficient. Among them was the I-35W bridge in Minneapolis that collapsed in August 2007, a mishap that killed thirteen people and spawned new debate about the focus and level of U.S. infrastructure spending.

Transportation Infrastructure: Moving America

Well, there are a few things the government runs -- not well, but nonetheless, better than any private enterprise could.

* National defense

* Law enforcement

* Food safety

* Drug safety

* Vital records

* Transportation, meaning roads, bridges, rails, air traffic

* Banking and currency

I'm stuck now. I'm sure there are more, but I cannot conjure them up ATM.

Hahahahahaha. Send me some of that !
@ 911
@ Don't taze me Nazi.
@ Salmonella much ?
@ Oooops.He died
@ :confused:
@[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD20rCe_UAw&has_verified=1[/ame]
@ Too big to fail

MINNEAPOLIS — A year after the worst U.S. bridge collapse in a generation brought calls for immediate repairs to other spans, two of every three of the busiest problem bridges in each state — carrying nearly 40 million vehicles a day — have had no work beyond regular maintenance.

No rush to fix bridges since collapse - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com

But 2006 Federal Highway Administration statistics also showed that more than 70,000 bridges, about 12 percent of the total, were structurally deficient. Among them was the I-35W bridge in Minneapolis that collapsed in August 2007, a mishap that killed thirteen people and spawned new debate about the focus and level of U.S. infrastructure spending.

Transportation Infrastructure: Moving America

I thought the Obama Stimulus was geared to "shovel ready projects" that were going to fix our infrastructure?
Oops, Obama himself admitted a year ago there are no shovel ready projects. The only thing "shovel ready" is the grave Democrats are about to occupy after this election for being lying spending dooshbags.

I can only speak for myself but my point was to point how ineffecient, poorly and uncaring government/government programs are, and that private charity could and would do a better job

Wonderful.

I can only speak for myself but my point was to point how ineffecient, poorly and uncaring government/government programs are, and that private charity could and would do a better job

Wonderful.

I made 30% last yeer///////////////////////

Forum List

Back