Things the government runs well

Our VeteransVeterans enrolled in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) health care programs have long complained of receiving inadequate treatment at poorly funded facilities. According to a 2003 Government Accountability Office (GAO) report, veterans were forced to travel long distances to receive care — about 25 percent of the vets lived more than a 60-minute drive from a VA hospital. They also had to endure long waits for appointments,

LOL! I have a 2 1/2 hour drive for care, while some vets have around 4 hour drives, but that didn't start under Obama, that goes back to Bush gutting & closing bases. I am currently working to get my medical care locally from private physicians, which the VA does do. I have had the VA since the late sixties, and I don't know of any veteran complaining about the medical care, outside of that one VA hospital for returning vets, run by a private corporation. The care is excellent. I would say a US citizen would have to pay $50,000. a year premiums to get the equivalent medical care I get for free. There is no medical system available that is better, even for presidents or billionaires, so I am shocked that I hear that. I get my appointments within a couple of weeks, and if it is an emergency of some kind I can go right in, or go to any local hospital. I get complete read-outs of all treatments & blood work, and do some testing here at home, and it is all free. If I would ever need inhome care I can get it, or revamp a home or car for my use, and even rest homes. I was looking at one rest home in Napa Valley, very nice and complete medical care, plus they will bury me eventually. What medical provider can offer you that?

Last edited:
Our government has...

Built the strongest military in the history of mankind - Despite the best efforts of Big Government libs
Put a man on the moon - Yep
Pushed medical research - Desire for Profit is responsible for far more advanced that government
Kept our food and medical supplies safe - Sometimes
Built the worlds best National Parks system - True that
Constructed an interstate highway system - Which is falling apart and Because our government has gotten so out of control we can't afford to fix it
Managed our communications infrastructure to include satellites - Actually most Satellites are privately owned and funded
Managed a peaceful transition of power every four years - True
Kept the worlds oceans open for transportation and commerce
- Goes back to the strongest military, which again is despite the best efforts of Big Government Libs not because of them

Our government has...

Built the strongest military in the history of mankind - Despite the best efforts of Big Government libs
Pushed medical research - Desire for Profit is responsible for far more advanced that government
Constructed an interstate highway system - Which is falling apart and Because our government has gotten so out of control we can't afford to fix it
Managed our communications infrastructure to include satellites - Actually most Satellites are privately owned and funded
Kept the worlds oceans open for transportation and commerce - Goes back to the strongest military, which again is despite the best efforts of Big Government Libs not because of them

Not much else they do better than the Private sector can.

So because inefficiencies exist in Govt that means that Govt doesnt do anything right?

So what is your opinion to of Honda, BP, Goldman Sachs, Halliburton, etc. They just make honest boo boos? no big deal? Let them run shit?

Last edited:
Our hospitals in the VA system suck, not because of some isolated incident but because VA hospitals regularly have issues delivering quality care at reasonable prices to patients.

That is pure BS. There hasn't been a VA crisis at hospitals since Bush Sr. was in power (not Bush's fault) and congress underfunded the VA. But the VA nurses went out begging to get veteran supplies and were even cutting hotel acquired soap in 1/2 to ration it to get the vets by. The only recent screw up was under Bush (not his fault), when a private corporation was allowed to screw the VA system up. What is a reasonable price for a wounded combat veteran? That is fucked thinking if I ever heard it. We didn't leave our brothers behind on the battle fields, and I damned sure won't see them used for some fucking corporate profit scheme. That is what sucks!

Last edited:
Our government has...

Kept the worlds oceans open for transportation and commerce - Goes back to the strongest military, which again is despite the best efforts of Big Government Libs not because of them

Considering the private sector sucks the government tit, that answers where profits come from.

Fatherland Security and it's henchmen in the TSA, FEMA and other leech organizations operate very well in the post 9/11 police state.

So because inefficiencies exist in Govt that means that Govt doesnt do anything right?

So what is your opinion to of Honda, BP, Goldman Sachs, Halliburton, etc. They just make honest boo boos? no big deal? Let them run shit?

It is not so much that they do not do it right. It is the fact that at every turn government programs are wrought with Waste, and abuse and inefficiency. Sure the Private sector has it's problems, but they tend to be more efficient because you have to be when you are profit driven.

Our government has...

Built the strongest military in the history of mankind
Put a man on the moon
Pushed medical research
Kept our food and medical supplies safe
Built the worlds best National Parks system
Constructed an interstate highway system
Managed our communications infrastructure to include satellites
Managed a peaceful transition of power every four years

All good points and commendable accomplishments, you forget one very and the most important fact, we earned these privileges with hard work.......

But let's try to stick with accountability with my tax dollars that I earn and they spend irresponsibly......

I'll assure you there is not enough room on all of our computers to chronicle their mismanagement, that's the point, the only point, when they make the same sacrifice most Americans make daily I'll be a little more receptive.....

Currently 36% of our Congressman/woman are lawyers, incredible figure.....

I have a hard time sympathizing with a US Congressman/woman who makes $174K a year and is in session tops 150 days a year? Do you still wonder why we have problems.....

again, economies demand currency

Economies do not demand endlessly inflating fiat. I know Keynsianism is a religion and I'm trying to convince an evangelist that bacterial resistance is evolution by definition, so I'll not waste any more time on you.
yes they do. where in the world would you find an economy without a positive inflation target? you simply don't know what you're talking about; you've not been informed about how money works, or sorted it out from observation. of course you think this is advocacy of hyperinflation, like a dimwit. i'll wait for your argumentum ad absurdum.

Our government has...

So lets hear it for the US Government :clap2:

Anyone who is not applauding is welcome to post a government in the world that they prefer

The US became a military superpower under FDR. The biggest liberal in our history

Our government has...

So lets hear it for the US Government :clap2:

Anyone who is not applauding is welcome to post a government in the world that they prefer
090407_cartoon_600.jpg

Our government has...

Put a man on the moon
Pushed medical research

What? No mention of having won the "War on Poverty???":eek:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Our government has...

Put a man on the moon
Pushed medical research

All good points and commendable accomplishments, you forget one very and the most important fact, we earned these privileges with hard work.......

But let's try to stick with accountability with my tax dollars that I earn and they spend irresponsibly......

I'll assure you there is not enough room on all of our computers to chronicle their mismanagement, that's the point, the only point, when they make the same sacrifice most Americans make daily I'll be a little more receptive.....

Currently 36% of our Congressman/woman are lawyers, incredible figure.....

I have a hard time sympathizing with a US Congressman/woman who makes $174K a year and is in session tops 150 days a year? Do you still wonder why we have problems.....

Do you think $174K is a lot of money for a top executive?

Our government has...

Put a man on the moon
Pushed medical research

What? No mention of having won the "War on Poverty???":eek:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

When I look back on what constituted poverty in the 1960s (people living with no electricity, no running water, limited food) to what is considered to be poverty today....the Gubmint has done a pretty good job

Forum List

Back