They Wouldn't Bake a Cake for WHAT?????

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
I don't understand why a business that's in business to make money refuses to bake any cake for any reason, but I guess if bigots and homophobes don't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding, so be it. There's lots of other bakers out there who don't care.

But a BIRTHDAY CAKE? Are you fucking kidding me?

Not a wedding cake. A birthday cake:

It certainly wasn't the text message Candice Lowe was expecting to get on her honeymoon. She says it came from the owner of a local bakery, canceling the order for her wife's birthday cake. Lowe says, "after she saw my Facebook page, she found out that I was in a same-sex marriage and she could not do my cake." ... The couple was just married two weeks ago and are still on cloud nine after celebrating with their son, family and friends. But that all came crashing down. In some ways, they say, it's like taking two steps back. "It wasn't a wedding cake, it was just a birthday cake [for my wife, Amanda]," Candice said. "A birthday cake has nothing to do with your sexual preference."

Religious conservatives have been aggressively pushing for laws that would legalize discrimination against same-sex couples. They insist they need these hateful carve-outs—they need a special right to discriminate—because otherwise they will be compelled to participate in same-sex weddings, this is contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs" forbid, Jesus will have a sad, they will go to hell, etc. But it's not just our weddings they object to—it's our existence. Refusing to bake a cake for a same-sex wedding says, "I don't think you people should be able to celebrate or solemnize your relationships because same-sex marriage is a sin." Refusing to bake a birthday cake for a lesbian says, "I don't think your birth is something to celebrate because the world would be better off if you didn't exist."

Welcome to America — where bigoted bakers do background checks to avoid selling cakes to lesbians (because Jesus) but we don't require merchants at gun shows to do background checks to avoid selling weapons of war to crazed terrorists, abusive spouses, and the mentally ill (because freedom).

Oh. I bolded the last sentence because, yeah. Really.

I don't understand why a business that's in business to make money refuses to bake any cake for any reason, but I guess if bigots and homophobes don't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding, so be it. There's lots of other bakers out there who don't care.

It certainly wasn't the text message Candice Lowe was expecting to get on her honeymoon. She says it came from the owner of a local bakery, canceling the order for her wife's birthday cake. Lowe says, "after she saw my Facebook page, she found out that I was in a same-sex marriage and she could not do my cake." ... The couple was just married two weeks ago and are still on cloud nine after celebrating with their son, family and friends. But that all came crashing down. In some ways, they say, it's like taking two steps back. "It wasn't a wedding cake, it was just a birthday cake [for my wife, Amanda]," Candice said. "A birthday cake has nothing to do with your sexual preference."

Religious conservatives have been aggressively pushing for laws that would legalize discrimination against same-sex couples. They insist they need these hateful carve-outs—they need a special right to discriminate—because otherwise they will be compelled to participate in same-sex weddings, this is contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs" forbid, Jesus will have a sad, they will go to hell, etc. But it's not just our weddings they object to—it's our existence. Refusing to bake a cake for a same-sex wedding says, "I don't think you people should be able to celebrate or solemnize your relationships because same-sex marriage is a sin." Refusing to bake a birthday cake for a lesbian says, "I don't think your birth is something to celebrate because the world would be better off if you didn't exist."

Welcome to America — where bigoted bakers do background checks to avoid selling cakes to lesbians (because Jesus) but we don't require merchants at gun shows to do background checks to avoid selling weapons of war to crazed terrorists, abusive spouses, and the mentally ill (because freedom).

Go back into the closet where you belong, freak. Things were much better in society when you abnormal freaks hid.

Happy Birthday!!

Here's your cake!!

poopcake2.jpg

Homos can't just go to the grocery store and buy their own birthday cakes? Why do you care if some "bigot" doesn't want to overcharge you for a cake? Take your business elsewhere.

I have a question. There is no mention of the shop, it's location, etc....
This looks like one of those planted stories one sees in the fringe blogosphere.
Sure the main stream media which is liberally biased would pick up this story.
There are a few holes here. One, no business is going to cancel a deal on which it can turn a profit using social media. its not going to happen. Second, the punch ( threat of a lawsuit) is missing.
Until I see it, I'm calling bullshit.

Go back into the closet where you belong, freak. Things were much better in society when you abnormal freaks hid.
Ya know....I am friends or acquainted with gay people who are perfectly normal every day folks who just want to be left alone. And one thing that bothers them is these fringe kooks who claim to be part of the same community, but insist on being in constant conflict. That there is always a battle. And if the battle does not exist, create one. Anything to gain the attention of the public.

Ya know....I am friends or acquainted with gay people who are perfectly normal every day folks who just want to be left alone. And one thing that bothers them is these fringe kooks who claim to be part of the same community, but insist on being in constant conflict. That there is always a battle. And if the battle does not exist, create one. Anything to gain the attention of the public.
Yep. And it's the fringe that keeps the trouble flowing and makes things worse.

And that goes for pretty much every issue, not just this one.

Most people just want to get along, but the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

This looks like one of those planted stories one sees in the fringe blogosphere.
There are a few holes here. One, no business is going to cancel a deal on which it can turn a profit using social media. its not going to happen. Second, the punch ( threat of a lawsuit) is missing.

Same-sex couple denied a birthday cake by local bakery

Ah....the typical USMB homophobe poster....

Too dumb to know how to click hyperlinks.

Most people just want to get along, but the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Don't be so hard on Trump and his supporters.

best thing to do is let everyone know.

and the last line is just fucking ignorant and shows a complete lack of any understanding of our Constitution.

property rights
2nd Amendment
privacy

Don't be so hard on Trump and his supporters.
Funny how the behaviors of the zealots on both ends of the spectrum are so similar, huh?

Impossible. Someone that is attracted to the same sex isn't normal because do so isn't normal.

Ah....the typical USMB homophobe poster....

Too dumb to know how to click hyperlinks.

Homophobe....Tell that to my gay friends....They would look at you and laugh.

Oh. I forgot I was here.

Your mom sent me your baby pic. Cute! Fucking homophobe.

q7NV6yz.jpg

Since you don't know my mother, that statement proves you're an idiot, as well as, a freak.

Fags are psychotic. Go play with ken and stfu.

Oh. I forgot I was here.

Your mom sent me your baby pic. Cute! Fucking homophobe.

q7NV6yz.jpg
You are a piece of shit. Go kiss your own ass and stfu faggot.

Forum List

Back