they raised taxes on the wealthy

Wow.. biased blogs and organizations with an agenda.. :rolleyes: yet we see directly in findings and reality (for example NYC) that higher taxes are a reason for higher income earners and retirees to leave high tax areas such as cities and higher tax states for retirement destinations with lower or no state tax or to neighboring states/areas that are still close to cities such as DC or NYC... in recent times here in MD there has ALREADY been a migration to northwestern VA and to even WVA... cost of living and taxation being much lower in those areas... in the tech sector in the 270 corridor and in DC, more and more higher income workers are moving out of the district and out of MD while still holding their employment there

http://mercatus.org/sites/default/files/publication/Tax_Rates_and_Migration_Davies_Pulito_WP1131.pdf

As I already posted there is no signification number of rich people moving away from high tax areas
If you want to ignore reality go for it.
Since when did the IRS become a biased liberal blog?

No.. you posted blog findings.. opinions.. and a study from a biased source... I read the same articles and see the same study being cited over and over again.. which did not take into account many many things...

Sorry Charlie... you see it in the real world here all the time... migrations away from the higher tax cities, counties, and states.... it does not mean ALL the higher income earners and retirees leave, but it does influence it...

When you claim that the IRS is a biased blog its hard to take you seriously

Who knew that making it so blacks have to drink at different water fountains then white or have to sit at the back of the Bus causes shitty loans.

I guess you know something we don't.

Hint when your arugment is “that blacks being treated as equals in the law causes banking crises” don’t call others imbeciles

I would agree that would be a ridiculous argument, but I fail to see what that's got to do with anything I said.

4 people go missing and one person moves what a flood…

It's more than four people, but you already knew that, so why are you trying to mislead people?

I tell you what .

lets have all the wealthy fucks who dont want to pay their fair share move a to a certain state.

Then they can be refused using all the infrastructure the rest of us build and maintain.

Guess what would happen?

"2nd Most Millionaires: Maryland
There may be nearly 150,000 millionaire households in this state, but that number will definitely go down in the next year. As we mentioned earlier, Maryland pioneered a millionaire tax back in 2008, and as a result, many of its richer citizens seem to have fled to states like Virginia. According to the Wall Street Journal, between 2008 and 2009, the number of "million–dollar income tax returns" declined by a third. Either they are crossing state lines or just hiding out somewhere."

The Richest States in America - Yahoo! Finance

California did it and the wealthy left. New York did it and the wealthy left. Now another state is going to try this???

The wealthy will leave the state, and eventually leave the country, then they will take steps to renounce citizenship. I suspect that some enterprising foregner is already developing plans for Americans to be impoverished on paper until they become citizens of another country and escape the exit tax as well.

Top Ten Cities with the highest number of Millionaires

2. Los Angeles
> No. millionaires: 256,500
> Change in millionaires: 8.8%
> Change in home value: -6.5%
> Fortune 500 HQ: Northrup Grumman, Occidental Petroleum
> Unemployment rate: 11.1

1. New York
> No. millionaires: 720,000
> Change in millionaires: 7.9%
> Change in home value: -3.5%
> Fortune 500 HQ: JP Morgan, Verizon
> Unemployment rate: 8.3%

Read more: The American Cities With The Most Millionaires - 24/7 Wall St. The American Cities With The Most Millionaires - 24/7 Wall St.

Really?

Really

The Millionaires' Tax -- A Double Failure | Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association

When California millionaires choose to become Florida or Nevada
millionaires, the consequences to the state's economy is profound.
In California, the top 10% of earners pay nearly 75% of income
taxes. If the trend of millionaire households relocating out of
state continues, it will make finding the revenue to fund essential
state services even more difficult.

'Millionaire's tax' is already sinking in New York state budget talks | syracuse.com

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders indicated Wednesday that the so-called “millionaire’s tax“ the Assembly hopes will reverse Cuomo’s proposed deep cuts to school funding is sinking.

How about Maryland?

Millionaires Go Missing - WSJ.com
Maryland couldn't balance its budget last year, so the state tried to close the shortfall by fleecing the wealthy. Politicians in Annapolis created a millionaire tax bracket, raising the top marginal income-tax rate to 6.25%. And because cities such as Baltimore and Bethesda also impose income taxes, the state-local tax rate can go as high as 9.45%. Governor Martin O'Malley, a dedicated class warrior, declared that these richest 0.3% of filers were "willing and able to pay their fair share." The Baltimore Sun predicted the rich would "grin and bear it."

One year later, nobody's grinning. One-third of the millionaires have disappeared from Maryland tax rolls. In 2008 roughly 3,000 million-dollar income tax returns were filed by the end of April. This year there were 2,000, which the state comptroller's office concedes is a "substantial decline." On those missing returns, the government collects 6.25% of nothing. Instead of the state coffers gaining the extra $106 million the politicians predicted, millionaires paid $100 million less in taxes than they did last year -- even at higher rates.

Libs can keep doing it and it will keep not working.

BTW Howard Jarvis wrote prop 13 in Cali.

He is a partisan hack

As I already posted there is no signification number of rich people moving away from high tax areas
If you want to ignore reality go for it.
Since when did the IRS become a biased liberal blog?

No.. you posted blog findings.. opinions.. and a study from a biased source... I read the same articles and see the same study being cited over and over again.. which did not take into account many many things...

Sorry Charlie... you see it in the real world here all the time... migrations away from the higher tax cities, counties, and states.... it does not mean ALL the higher income earners and retirees leave, but it does influence it...

When you claim that the IRS is a biased blog its hard to take you seriously

None of those is a direct finding from the IRS.. nice try.. CBPP is a biased org with an agenda.. and the NYT and Wash Compost blogs are not biased??

Give it up

Last edited:
California has one of the highest state income tax rates, gas tax, and property taxes, in the country and they have the most millionaires by numbers and California is still going bankrupt. Why is that? Because no matter how much you tax people you have to stop spending more than you take in, simple economics.

"9th Most Millionaires: California
California may be in the midst if a serious financial crisis, but it still has a tons of millionaires… 662,735 to be exact. That's by far the most in the country by number, but there are a ton of people in California, so it's only in 9th place relative to the total population."

You going to correct your lie?

That was last year, sweetheart, immediately after it's passage. The long term result has not been the same.

Illinois Shows What Not to Do by Steven Malanga, City Journal Spring 2012
Odd how you think Increased tax revenue means its harder for govrements to lower their deficits

It doesn't. When did I say that? Why do you continue to claim I said things that I didn't? Is it because the only way you can make your case is to lie?

You people live in a false world

You mean a world where we realize we have to pay for the things we want before before they can be ours? One where if we fail to pay for our things, we can lose them?

I would think that a false world is thinking that you can not pay for something and yet it would still be yours and that you are somehow entitled to it despite not paying.

http://www.revenue.state.il.us/AboutIdor/TaxResearch/MarchFY2012RevenueReport.pdf

Fiscal Year 2012 revenue receipts through
March for individual income, corporate
income, and sales taxes (“big three” revenue
sources) are $18,934.8 million. Those
receipts are $4,655.9 million above last year
and $213.8 million above the current
forecast.
Individual income tax receipts are
$11,749.9 million. The total is
$3,937.0 million above last year and
$144.1 million above the current forecast.

California did it and the wealthy left. New York did it and the wealthy left. Now another state is going to try this???

The wealthy will leave the state, and eventually leave the country, then they will take steps to renounce citizenship. I suspect that some enterprising foregner is already developing plans for Americans to be impoverished on paper until they become citizens of another country and escape the exit tax as well.

Top Ten Cities with the highest number of Millionaires

2. Los Angeles
> No. millionaires: 256,500
> Change in millionaires: 8.8%
> Change in home value: -6.5%
> Fortune 500 HQ: Northrup Grumman, Occidental Petroleum
> Unemployment rate: 11.1

1. New York
> No. millionaires: 720,000
> Change in millionaires: 7.9%
> Change in home value: -3.5%
> Fortune 500 HQ: JP Morgan, Verizon
> Unemployment rate: 8.3%

Read more: The American Cities With The Most Millionaires - 24/7 Wall St. The American Cities With The Most Millionaires - 24/7 Wall St.

Really?

Really

The Millionaires' Tax -- A Double Failure | Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association

When California millionaires choose to become Florida or Nevada
millionaires, the consequences to the state's economy is profound.
In California, the top 10% of earners pay nearly 75% of income
taxes. If the trend of millionaire households relocating out of
state continues, it will make finding the revenue to fund essential
state services even more difficult.

'Millionaire's tax' is already sinking in New York state budget talks | syracuse.com

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders indicated Wednesday that the so-called “millionaire’s tax“ the Assembly hopes will reverse Cuomo’s proposed deep cuts to school funding is sinking.

How about Maryland?

Millionaires Go Missing - WSJ.com
Maryland couldn't balance its budget last year, so the state tried to close the shortfall by fleecing the wealthy. Politicians in Annapolis created a millionaire tax bracket, raising the top marginal income-tax rate to 6.25%. And because cities such as Baltimore and Bethesda also impose income taxes, the state-local tax rate can go as high as 9.45%. Governor Martin O'Malley, a dedicated class warrior, declared that these richest 0.3% of filers were "willing and able to pay their fair share." The Baltimore Sun predicted the rich would "grin and bear it."

One year later, nobody's grinning. One-third of the millionaires have disappeared from Maryland tax rolls. In 2008 roughly 3,000 million-dollar income tax returns were filed by the end of April. This year there were 2,000, which the state comptroller's office concedes is a "substantial decline." On those missing returns, the government collects 6.25% of nothing. Instead of the state coffers gaining the extra $106 million the politicians predicted, millionaires paid $100 million less in taxes than they did last year -- even at higher rates.

Libs can keep doing it and it will keep not working.

He said they left New York and LA...I proved that they rank number 1 and 2. Are you disputing that? Maryland ranks #6 (I believe) on the list btw

That was last year, sweetheart, immediately after it's passage. The long term result has not been the same.

Illinois Shows What Not to Do by Steven Malanga, City Journal Spring 2012
Odd how you think Increased tax revenue means its harder for govrements to lower their deficits

It doesn't. When did I say that? Why do you continue to claim I said things that I didn't? Is it because the only way you can make your case is to lie?

Learn to read then maybe you'll know what you post

http://www.revenue.state.il.us/AboutIdor/TaxResearch/MarchFY2012RevenueReport.pdf

Fiscal Year 2012 revenue receipts through
March for individual income, corporate
income, and sales taxes (“big three” revenue
sources) are $18,934.8 million. Those
receipts are $4,655.9 million above last year

and $213.8 million above the current
forecast.
Individual income tax receipts are
$11,749.9 million. The total is
$3,937.0 million above last year and
$144.1 million above the current forecast.

why do you accept sources that LIE?

Forum List

Back