they raised taxes on the wealthy

James Madison was the father of the constitution folks.

If he thought it wasnt in the constitution which he wrote then he would have done something while president huh.

This is why is benifits the right wing power brokers to kill education in this country

National Road - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The National Road or Cumberland Road was the first major improved highway in the United States to be built by the federal government. Construction began heading west in 1811 at Cumberland, Maryland, on the Potomac River. It crossed the Allegheny Mountains and southwestern Pennsylvania, reaching Wheeling, Virginia (now West Virginia), on the Ohio River in 1818. Plans were made to continue through St. Louis, at confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers, and to Jefferson City upstream on the Missouri. Following the panic of 1837 however, funding ran dry and construction was stopped at Vandalia, Illinois, after crossing the states of Ohio and Indiana.

infrastructure is right in the constitution you fucking historically failed idiot

Louisiana Purchase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Louisiana Purchase (French: Vente de la Louisiane "Sale of Louisiana") was the acquisition by the United States of America of 828,000 square miles (2,140,000 km2) of France's claim to the territory of Louisiana in 1803. The U.S. paid 60 million francs ($11,250,000) plus cancellation of debts worth 18 million francs ($3,750,000), for a total sum of 15 million dollars (less than 3 cents per acre) for the Louisiana territory ($233 million in 2011 dollars, less than 42 cents per acre).[1][2][3]

This is why they keep trying to rewrite history

Financing

The American government used $3 million in gold as a down payment, and issued bonds for the balance to pay France for the purchase. Earlier that year, Francis Baring and Company of London had become the U.S. government's official banking agent in London. Because of this favored position, the US asked the Baring firm to handle the transaction. Francis Baring's son Alexander was in Paris at the time and helped in the negotiations.[30] Another Baring advantage was a close relationship with Hope and Company of Amsterdam. The two banking houses worked together to facilitate and underwrite the Purchase. Because Napoleon wanted to receive his money as quickly as possible, the two firms received the American bonds and paid cash to France.[30]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Purchase

And high income earners are moving OUT of MD.... and the state still spends like it is going out of style... when the high income earners move out, you know who they're coming after next... because a liberal state like this ain't curbing its extraordinary spending unless forced to do so...

I am a MD resident.. and the ONLY reason I am staying is because of my child custody situation and staying close in proximity to my kids on the weeks they are with their mom and so that there is no conflict with school districts when I have custody, etc...

But the MINUTE my youngest is 18 and out of school, I am out of this state faster than the drop of a hat... I will go right across the Potomac to VA

Oh.. and go figure some twat like TDM praising the unequal treatment of others by government when it benefits her and her ilk

Like always everything you Say is contrary to reality
Millionaires don’t flee from ‘millionaire’s taxes’ - The Washington Post
^Taxing millionaires doesn't cause millionaires to move.

Bruce Bartlett: Will Rich People Desert the U.S. if Their Taxes Are Raised? - NYTimes.com
^5 studies find that taxes are not a significant reason for migration

Tax Flight Is a Myth — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
^Study finds that high marginal income taxes do not significantly cause people to move
Your sources say there are no studies that show rich leave a state because of high taxes, just because their are no studies does not mean it doesn't happen and taxes being the cause.

Look at kerry who docked his yacht in a lower tax bracket port .

http://www.revenue.state.il.us/About...enueReport.pdf

Fiscal Year 2012 revenue receipts through
March for individual income, corporate
income, and sales taxes (“big three” revenue
sources) are $18,934.8 million. Those
receipts are $4,655.9 million above last year
and $213.8 million above the current
forecast.
Individual income tax receipts are
$11,749.9 million. The total is
$3,937.0 million above last year and
$144.1 million above the current forecast.

The National Road or Cumberland Road was the first major improved highway in the United States to be built by the federal government. Construction began heading west in 1811 at Cumberland, Maryland, on the Potomac River. It crossed the Allegheny Mountains and southwestern Pennsylvania, reaching Wheeling, Virginia (now West Virginia), on the Ohio River in 1818. Plans were made to continue through St. Louis, at confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers, and to Jefferson City upstream on the Missouri. Following the panic of 1837 however, funding ran dry and construction was stopped at Vandalia, Illinois, after crossing the states of Ohio and Indiana.

infrastructure is right in the constitution you fucking historically failed idiot

Exactly what makes this relevant to your insane desire to penalize the successful people in 2012??

It brought in MORE revenue you guys.

Proof it works to raise taxes on the wealthy

And high income earners are moving OUT of MD.... and the state still spends like it is going out of style... when the high income earners move out, you know who they're coming after next... because a liberal state like this ain't curbing its extraordinary spending unless forced to do so...

I am a MD resident.. and the ONLY reason I am staying is because of my child custody situation and staying close in proximity to my kids on the weeks they are with their mom and so that there is no conflict with school districts when I have custody, etc...

But the MINUTE my youngest is 18 and out of school, I am out of this state faster than the drop of a hat... I will go right across the Potomac to VA

Oh.. and go figure some twat like TDM praising the unequal treatment of others by government when it benefits her and her ilk

Bruce Bartlett: Will Rich People Desert the U.S. if Their Taxes Are Raised? - NYTimes.com

^Study finds that high marginal income taxes do not significantly cause people to move
Your sources say there are no studies that show rich leave a state because of high taxes, just because their are no studies does not mean it doesn't happen and taxes being the cause.

Yep So there being 0 studies that show rich people move because of taxes and 12 that show they don’t move because of taxes means rich people move because of taxes.
Dumbass

Exactly what makes this relevant to your insane desire to penalize the successful people in 2012??

Without said infrastructure they cant make money.

Roads are funded by gas and diesel taxes, road use taxes, and in some areas, tolls.

Very little, if any, would come from your unfair extra taxes on the successful.

Roads are funded by gas and diesel taxes, road use taxes, and in some areas, tolls.

Very little, if any, would come from your unfair extra taxes on the successful.

Yup and just how much to the poor contrubute to the infrastructure??

Kinda funny how Truthspatters thinks the wealthy should bear the brunt of taxes and the poor should be able to reap the benefits and contribute nothing.

Doesn't sound very fair to me.

because you have your head jammed up to the neck in the wealthys ass

Yep So there being 0 studies that show rich people move because of taxes and 12 that show they don’t move because of taxes means rich people move because of taxes.
Dumbass

There is one study that does show when the rich leave a state, it's called the tax study. When a state starts losing revenue that means the rich are leaving.

Forum List

Back