‘They lost Ryan’: Trump blames his own generals for Yemen raid that killed Navy SEAL

e
It is all the fault of the dishonest media.
Trump refuses to take responsibility, and its the media's fault?
"Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation."

Doesn't sound like he didn't take responsibility or make it a faulty mission, it was a mission where someone was killed. I don't recall Obama ever stepping up to a microphone and giving us body counts he felt responsible for. Nor would anyone expect him to. You guys are just fucking weird!

Military missions sometimes have casualties.

Its been that way since the first mission was ever planned and will continue to be that way for all future missions.

No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy. People can and do die on missions. No one wants to hear it or see it but its a possibility on any mission. Doesn't matter who planned it or who gave the go ahead.

If you want to put blame on anyone how bout the bastard that killed that Navy SEAL and whoever leaked the info about the mission. That's who I blame.

As CIC the buck will always stop at Trumps desk just like it stopped at Obama's for Benghazi.

How many military missions have you been on? How many training missions have you been on?

There was no military mission associated with Benghazi. Obama didn't send troops into Benghazi, nor did HRC. Both HRC and Obama sent SEALS on a mission to kill OBL. That succeeded with no loss of life by a SEAL.
every time a soldier deploys it is a mission. And hitlery did nothing, obummer did nothing. four men dead.
Anyone still talking about Benghazi is just pathetic.

e
"Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation."

Doesn't sound like he didn't take responsibility or make it a faulty mission, it was a mission where someone was killed. I don't recall Obama ever stepping up to a microphone and giving us body counts he felt responsible for. Nor would anyone expect him to. You guys are just fucking weird!

Its been that way since the first mission was ever planned and will continue to be that way for all future missions.

No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy. People can and do die on missions. No one wants to hear it or see it but its a possibility on any mission. Doesn't matter who planned it or who gave the go ahead.

If you want to put blame on anyone how bout the bastard that killed that Navy SEAL and whoever leaked the info about the mission. That's who I blame.

As CIC the buck will always stop at Trumps desk just like it stopped at Obama's for Benghazi.

How many military missions have you been on? How many training missions have you been on?

There was no military mission associated with Benghazi. Obama didn't send troops into Benghazi, nor did HRC. Both HRC and Obama sent SEALS on a mission to kill OBL. That succeeded with no loss of life by a SEAL.
every time a soldier deploys it is a mission. And hitlery did nothing, obummer did nothing. four men dead.
Yeah, dead guys don't matter and government lies about it for political power are to be expected.

Your priorities are fucked up.

e

I'll never stop talking about the shame of Benghazi implanted in the US by Hitlery and obummer. NEVER..

e

Yeah, dead guys don't matter and government lies about it for political power are to be expected.

Another pathetic soul chimes in.

e

I'll never stop talking about the shame of Benghazi implanted in the US by Hitlery and obummer. NEVER..
You will die as pathetic as you lived.

eMilitary missions sometimes have casualties.

....says the pothead.

Another pathetic soul chimes in.
Go smoke another bowl, your brain is too far gone for conversation.

....says the pothead.
Nothing wrong with that. I am a lot sharper stoned than you are straight.

I will? :lmao::lmao:dude :lmao::lmao:WTF are you on? Can you share? you act as if I said something about your sorry ass.

I will? :lmao::lmao:dude :lmao::lmao:WTF are you on? Can you share? you act as if I said something about your sorry ass.
You Benghazists are as bad as the birthers.

facts are merely facts and that's just too damn bad for you I guess.

President Donald Trump was asked by the crew on Fox & Friends about the failed raid in Yemen that took the life of Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens, and the president was quick to deflect blame onto others.

When asked about criticism from Owens’s father about the failed raid, Trump pointed out that planning for the mission actually started under former President Obama.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here,” Trump said. “This was something that was, uh, you know, they wanted to do. They came to see me, they explained what they wanted to do, the generals, who are very respected. My generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.”

Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation.
Does he not understand that the buck stops with him?

It never seemed to stop at Obama's desk.

What president would ever blame a Dealth on his Generals? The buck stops at the top. Its time for Rump to grow a pair, and as to the mission, it was a failure. Rump lied to you again

The Generals told Trump the mission was a success.

facts are merely facts and that's just too damn bad for you I guess.

What facts do you have? Why did the attack on Benghazi occur? How much time did the White House have before the attack and how close in time and distance was sufficient force to save the lives of the four men?

You don't know anything, on this or other issues you comment freely upon. You're simply an echo in the wind of a rather foul fart.

What president would ever blame a Dealth on his Generals? The buck stops at the top. Its time for Rump to grow a pair, and as to the mission, it was a failure. Rump lied to you again

The Generals told Trump the mission was a success.

If it ain't written, it didn't happen. Trump needs to declassify the after action report and post it on the White House Web Site. Trump needs to apologize to President Obama for lying Obama planned the raid.

By all accounts the Yemen raid was a success.

AS ALWAYS

you are wrong.

Yemen SEAL raid yielded no significant intel: report

This is what you call a factual report?

The raid on an al Qaeda compound in Yemen last month that left civilians and a U.S. Navy SEAL dead has not produced any significant intelligence so far, according to a new report.

Senior U.S. officials

Pentagon officials' claims that the controversial mission produced “actionable intelligence

A senior congressional official

NBC’s source

The official and others

Multiple senior U.S. officials

AS ALWAYS

you are wrong.

The raid on an al Qaeda compound in Yemen last month that left civilians and a U.S. Navy SEAL dead has not produced any significant intelligence so far, according to a new report.

Senior U.S. officials

Pentagon officials' claims that the controversial mission produced “actionable intelligence

NBC’s source

The official and others

Trump's words are not credible; nor are the words of Spicer, Conway, Miller, Bannon, Pence or anyone of Trump's inner circle, cabinet or cronies.

How dare he tell the truth.

That's because he's lying. Obama's administration refused to approve the raid because they said the intelligence for the site was weak. Trump approved it without reading it.

Who told you that bullshit?
when punks like this put this in a post, it makes me wonder if some of these posters aren't part of obummers inner circle. right? I mean who'd post something like that who has absolutely no knowledge of any it? wow.

AS ALWAYS

you are wrong.

Senior U.S. officials

NBC’s source

The official and others

Trump's words are not credible; nor are the words of Spicer, Conway, Miller, Bannon, Pence or anyone of Trump's inner circle, cabinet or cronies.
ok, you have a long four years then.

Forum List

Back