‘They lost Ryan’: Trump blames his own generals for Yemen raid that killed Navy SEAL

President Donald Trump was asked by the crew on Fox & Friends about the failed raid in Yemen that took the life of Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens, and the president was quick to deflect blame onto others.

When asked about criticism from Owens’s father about the failed raid, Trump pointed out that planning for the mission actually started under former President Obama.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here,” Trump said. “This was something that was, uh, you know, they wanted to do. They came to see me, they explained what they wanted to do, the generals, who are very respected. My generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.”

Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation.

Trump and his gestapo have totally lied about their Yemen FUBAR. The latest reports say they didn't even get any meaningful intelligence from the raid. Nothing but lies. This must be thoroughly investigated.

Are you prepared to call General Mattis as liar as well?

"I just spoke to General Mattis, who reconfirmed that, and I quote, “Ryan was a part of a highly successful raid that generated large amounts of vital intelligence that will lead to many more victories in the future against our enemies.”

It is all the fault of the dishonest media.
Trump refuses to take responsibility, and its the media's fault?
"Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation."

Doesn't sound like he didn't take responsibility or make it a faulty mission, it was a mission where someone was killed. I don't recall Obama ever stepping up to a microphone and giving us body counts he felt responsible for. Nor would anyone expect him to. You guys are just fucking weird!
What president would ever blame a Dealth on his Generals? The buck stops at the top. Its time for Rump to grow a pair, and as to the mission, it was a failure. Rump lied to you again

The Generals told Trump the mission was a success.

If it ain't written, it didn't happen. Trump needs to declassify the after action report and post it on the White House Web Site. Trump needs to apologize to President Obama for lying Obama planned the raid.

You need to take your head out of your ass and understand that the raid was planned on Obama's watch.

By all accounts the Yemen raid was a success.

AS ALWAYS

you are wrong.

Yemen SEAL raid yielded no significant intel: report

This is what you call a factual report?

The raid on an al Qaeda compound in Yemen last month that left civilians and a U.S. Navy SEAL dead has not produced any significant intelligence so far, according to a new report.

Senior U.S. officials

Pentagon officials' claims that the controversial mission produced “actionable intelligence

A senior congressional official

NBC’s source

The official and others

Multiple senior U.S. officials

Trump's words are not credible; nor are the words of Spicer, Conway, Miller, Bannon, Pence or anyone of Trump's inner circle, cabinet or cronies.

So you take the words of unnamed sources over those in the administration. Does that include Gen Mattis

"I just spoke to General Mattis, who reconfirmed that, and I quote, “Ryan was a part of a highly successful raid that generated large amounts of vital intelligence that will lead to many more victories in the future against our enemies.”

e
It is all the fault of the dishonest media.
"Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation."

Doesn't sound like he didn't take responsibility or make it a faulty mission, it was a mission where someone was killed. I don't recall Obama ever stepping up to a microphone and giving us body counts he felt responsible for. Nor would anyone expect him to. You guys are just fucking weird!

Military missions sometimes have casualties.

Its been that way since the first mission was ever planned and will continue to be that way for all future missions.

No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy. People can and do die on missions. No one wants to hear it or see it but its a possibility on any mission. Doesn't matter who planned it or who gave the go ahead.

If you want to put blame on anyone how bout the bastard that killed that Navy SEAL and whoever leaked the info about the mission. That's who I blame.

As CIC the buck will always stop at Trumps desk just like it stopped at Obama's for Benghazi.

How many military missions have you been on? How many training missions have you been on?

There was no military mission associated with Benghazi. Obama didn't send troops into Benghazi, nor did HRC. Both HRC and Obama sent SEALS on a mission to kill OBL. That succeeded with no loss of life by a SEAL.
every time a soldier deploys it is a mission. And hitlery did nothing, obummer did nothing. four men dead.
yes its a mission and for good or bad it leads back to the presidents door

What president would ever blame a Dealth on his Generals? The buck stops at the top. Its time for Rump to grow a pair, and as to the mission, it was a failure. Rump lied to you again

If it ain't written, it didn't happen. Trump needs to declassify the after action report and post it on the White House Web Site. Trump needs to apologize to President Obama for lying Obama planned the raid.

You need to take your head out of your ass and understand that the raid was planned on Obama's watch.
Somebody had to give it the go ahead TRUMP DID and we achieved nothing

What difference where the raid was planned, but in actuality it was NOT planned on Obama's watch, but as it is, in case you didn't know Rump is the CIC. Its up to him to approval a mission

How do you figure?

How do you figure?
Just who is the CIC? Its not Obama

sure, it's why he went and met the coffin at the airport.
And then blamed the generals.
what a pos dump is

Nah. The piece of shit are those accusing him of blaming the military.

That would be you.
the generals did it lol lol trump your hero is a pos

Nah. The only POS I see is you.
such talk claudette I'm so sorry for calling your hero lower than sharkshit Only thing lower than that is you eat shit and invite dump hear he likes that sort of thing

How do you figure?
He was for Benghazi

what a pos dump is

That would be you.

such talk claudette I'm so sorry for calling your hero lower than sharkshit Only thing lower than that is you eat shit and invite dump hear he likes that sort of thing
Uncalled for

How do you figure?
He was for Benghazi
a disaster,,,,a huge mistake

what a pos dump is

That would be you.

such talk claudette

I'm so sorry for calling your hero lower than sharkshit Only thing lower than that is you eat shit and invite dump hear he likes that sort of thing

Well at least I don't make up stories about Trump blaming the military. You do.

Whale shit is what you are and you can't get much lower than whale shit. Dumbass.

How do you figure?
He was for Benghazi
Benghazi was not a US military operation like Rumps Yemen disaster.

what a pos dump is

That would be you.

Uncalled for
I agree jc but couldn't stop myself responding to that lame brain ,,,you're right of course and it won't happen again

what a pos dump is

That would be you.

such talk claudette

I'm so sorry for calling your hero lower than sharkshit Only thing lower than that is you eat shit and invite dump hear he likes that sort of thing

Whale shit is what you are and you can't get much lower than whale shit. Asshole.
If you took the bother to read the story, you would know that he did blame the military, just like he has attacked our entire intelligence community

How do you figure?
He was for Benghazi

Doesn't matter. Americans died because of the gross negligence of the Obama State Department.

Of course you give him a pass because that's who you are. An Obamabot.

That would be you.

such talk claudette

Whale shit is what you are and you can't get much lower than whale shit. Asshole.
If you took the bother to read the story, you would know that he did blame the military, just like he has attacked our entire intelligence community

If you say so dumbass.

How do you figure?
He was for Benghazi

Doesn't matter. Americans died because of the gross negligence of the Obama State Department.

Of course you give him a pass because that's who you are. An Obamabot.
There is not one supporting document to blame Obamas state department, despite all of the congressional and FBI investigations. The election is over, you can quit this drivel already

such talk claudette

If you say so dumbass.
I welcome you to post something to prove me wrong.

Forum List

Back