‘They lost Ryan’: Trump blames his own generals for Yemen raid that killed Navy SEAL

brummelben

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2016
President Donald Trump was asked by the crew on Fox & Friends about the failed raid in Yemen that took the life of Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens, and the president was quick to deflect blame onto others.

When asked about criticism from Owens’s father about the failed raid, Trump pointed out that planning for the mission actually started under former President Obama.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here,” Trump said. “This was something that was, uh, you know, they wanted to do. They came to see me, they explained what they wanted to do, the generals, who are very respected. My generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.”

Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation.

President Donald Trump was asked by the crew on Fox & Friends about the failed raid in Yemen that took the life of Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens, and the president was quick to deflect blame onto others.

When asked about criticism from Owens’s father about the failed raid, Trump pointed out that planning for the mission actually started under former President Obama.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here,” Trump said. “This was something that was, uh, you know, they wanted to do. They came to see me, they explained what they wanted to do, the generals, who are very respected. My generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.”

Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation.
Does he not understand that the buck stops with him?

It is all the fault of the dishonest media.
Trump refuses to take responsibility, and its the media's fault?
"Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation."

Doesn't sound like he didn't take responsibility or make it a faulty mission, it was a mission where someone was killed. I don't recall Obama ever stepping up to a microphone and giving us body counts he felt responsible for. Nor would anyone expect him to. You guys are just fucking weird!

We have had our fill of blaming others. Trump doesn't seem like he will change that.
I do find it hard to believe that some of you ACTUALLY care if he blames others or not though. You have been defending those SAME FUCKING ACTIONS for years.

• Banned
It is all the fault of the dishonest media.
Trump refuses to take responsibility, and its the media's fault?
"Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation."

Doesn't sound like he didn't take responsibility or make it a faulty mission, it was a mission where someone was killed. I don't recall Obama ever stepping up to a microphone and giving us body counts he felt responsible for. Nor would anyone expect him to. You guys are just fucking weird!
What president would ever blame a Dealth on his Generals? The buck stops at the top. Its time for Rump to grow a pair, and as to the mission, it was a failure. Rump lied to you again

The mission was a success. The objectives were achieved. Unfortunately someone died. A death during the execution of a military exercise is not unusual.

The sad and most disturbing thing about Trump's comments are that he believes them.

Obama tipped off the Muslims through leaks who then set the ambush for the mission. Obama never respected the SEALs. How many were killed under him and how many were killed when Biden named the team responsible for getting Bin Laden?

That seems perfectly reasonable to me

The sad and most disturbing thing about Trump's comments are that he believes them.
In fairness to trump he probably didn't get the media version of what he said to judge his comments on...if he had I doubt he would still believe them

Wait a minute....I thought Trump knows more than the generals. He's the CiC. Why didn't he use all that great knowledge he has and cancel the raid? Surely when they briefed him on the plan, he saw things the generals didn't. Why, seeing them and being so much more knowledgeable than the general did he not say something like, "I know you've been planning this for a while, but we're not going to do this right now. We're going to have to wait because X, Y and Z weren't duly considered and planned for."?

Oh, oh. Silly me. That raid was against Al Qaeda forces, not ISIS ones. That must be why Trump didn't know enough to call off the raid.

In fairness to trump he probably didn't get the media version of what he said to judge his comments on...if he had I doubt he would still believe them
When will you accept that trump is a serial liar?

Obama tipped off the Muslims through leaks who then set the ambush for the mission. Obama never respected the SEALs. How many were killed under him and how many were killed when Biden named the team responsible for getting Bin Laden?

That seems to make sense, now go snort more sterno

The RWnuts on this forum have become a joke. Time has reduced them down to a pure essence of everything that is wrong with modern American conservatism.

Forum List

Back