‘They lost Ryan’: Trump blames his own generals for Yemen raid that killed Navy SEAL

President Donald Trump was asked by the crew on Fox & Friends about the failed raid in Yemen that took the life of Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens, and the president was quick to deflect blame onto others.

When asked about criticism from Owens’s father about the failed raid, Trump pointed out that planning for the mission actually started under former President Obama.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here,” Trump said. “This was something that was, uh, you know, they wanted to do. They came to see me, they explained what they wanted to do, the generals, who are very respected. My generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.”

Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation.

The sad and most disturbing thing about Trump's comments are that he believes them.
In fairness to trump he probably didn't get the media version of what he said to judge his comments on...if he had I doubt he would still believe them
When will you accept that trump is a serial liar?
Is/are the media serial liars?

So much for the buck stopping with the President. The fuckwad won't take responsibility for his failures, but doesn't hesitate to claim credit for the sun rising in the east.

So much for the buck stopping with the President. The fuckwad won't take responsibility for his failures, but doesn't hesitate to claim credit for the sun rising in the east.
I am sure if that military operation had been a success, the Rump would have taken all the credit for his own brilliant plan

President Donald Trump was asked by the crew on Fox & Friends about the failed raid in Yemen that took the life of Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens, and the president was quick to deflect blame onto others.

When asked about criticism from Owens’s father about the failed raid, Trump pointed out that planning for the mission actually started under former President Obama.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here,” Trump said. “This was something that was, uh, you know, they wanted to do. They came to see me, they explained what they wanted to do, the generals, who are very respected. My generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.”

Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation.

Well if Obama knew that Ryan was coming then the Islamists certainly knew as well, especially if Obama knew his death would get pinned on Trump.

Just look at the leaks with Flynn.

It is all the fault of the dishonest media.
Trump refuses to take responsibility, and its the media's fault?
"Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation."

Doesn't sound like he didn't take responsibility or make it a faulty mission, it was a mission where someone was killed. I don't recall Obama ever stepping up to a microphone and giving us body counts he felt responsible for. Nor would anyone expect him to. You guys are just fucking weird!
What president would ever blame a Dealth on his Generals? The buck stops at the top. Its time for Rump to grow a pair, and as to the mission, it was a failure. Rump lied to you again
When did he? You just made the assertion but you have no credibility. You need to provide a quote and source.

The sad and most disturbing thing about Trump's comments are that he believes them.
You find the truth sad? That's sad in and of itself.

By all accounts the Yemen raid was a success. Didn't anyone read Marcus Luttrell's book "Lone Survivor"? If you are looking for a failed Seal mission read the book. Luttrell was the only survivor of a freaking mess and a thoroughly bungled rescue mission. It happened during the Obama administration so it doesn't count.

By all accounts the Yemen raid was a success. Didn't anyone read Marcus Luttrell's book "Lone Survivor"? If you are looking for a failed Seal mission read the book. Luttrell was the only survivor of a freaking mess and a thoroughly bungled rescue mission. It happened during the Obama administration so it doesn't count.
Yep. Good movie too. I have to give Mark Wahlberg credit for being faithful to the story.

I never heard anyone try to pin it on Obama though. The left are beyond shameless with their hate.

Obama tipped off the Muslims through leaks who then set the ambush for the mission. Obama never respected the SEALs. How many were killed under him and how many were killed when Biden named the team responsible for getting Bin Laden?

That seems to make sense, now go snort more sterno

I see (by your avatar) you are working to keep abreast of reality - good for you CF!

Obama tipped off the Muslims through leaks who then set the ambush for the mission. Obama never respected the SEALs. How many were killed under him and how many were killed when Biden named the team responsible for getting Bin Laden?

That seems to make sense, now go snort more sterno

I see (by your avatar) you are working to keep abreast of reality - good for you CF!
You know the old saying, if you've got it, even if they're surgically enhanced, flaunt it!

Nothing in that statement blames "the Generals" for anything.

And to the father, thank you for your sacrifice, now shut the fuck up you are demeaning the loss of your son by politicizing it.

"Trump went on to say that he could understand why Owens’s father would not want to meet with them since there is “nothing worse” than losing a son. All the same, the president believes that the mission was worth it, as he claims Defense Secretary James Mattis told him it was a very successful operation."

Doesn't sound like he didn't take responsibility or make it a faulty mission, it was a mission where someone was killed. I don't recall Obama ever stepping up to a microphone and giving us body counts he felt responsible for. Nor would anyone expect him to. You guys are just fucking weird!
What president would ever blame a Dealth on his Generals? The buck stops at the top. Its time for Rump to grow a pair, and as to the mission, it was a failure. Rump lied to you again

"Grow a pair"....huh?
Each time DJT flexes his muscle you and your people piss yourselves and fall into complete disarray like a bunch of cockroaches when the light is flipped on.
Are you sure you want him to "grow a pair"?

"Grow a pair"....huh?
Each time DJT flexes his muscle you and your people piss yourselves and fall into complete disarray like a bunch of cockroaches when the light is flipped on.
Are you sure you want him to "grow a pair"?
You have quite an imagination.

Trump and his gestapo have totally lied about their Yemen FUBAR. The latest reports say they didn't even get any meaningful intelligence from the raid. Nothing but lies. This must be thoroughly investigated.

The RWnuts on this forum have become a joke. Time has reduced them down to a pure essence of everything that is wrong with modern American conservatism.

The wingnutz have elevated a simple flimflam man to the highest office in the land.

At this point, most of them must realize that on some level, however they feel obligated to play the shill to his confidence games because they are just that craven.

Forum List

Back