They have lost their fucking minds, full stop period.

What's wrong with letting the elected reps of the people review edicts put forth by King Obama?

Sounds like you're the unhinged one.

you're kidding me, right?

right Soggy? I take you as a smart guy. Surely you realize that Congress passes laws and executive-branch offices create the related regs for those laws. Congress can't even be bothered to shorten their vacation because of a crisis. Hell, the French legislature shortened their vacation. The FRENCH!!

It's been that way for 200+ years. But Republicans are so stuck on hate they'd throw the Constitution out in order to defeat Obama.

New york state with its ,lets use emotion rather than reality towards gas drilling is costing the people billions,the list goes on and on.

This would severely limit the power of the executive branch, since no regulations – such as the Environmental Protection Agency's regulation of greenhouse gases – could become effective without approval from both houses of Congress, a high bar. In this way, congressional Republicans are seeking to bring back to Congress the regulatory powers that have gradually devolved to the executive branch during the past 50 years.

What the GOP would like is to have such a provision apply only to democratic presidents.

Many republican presidents have gleefully wallowed in the mud hole of the Imperial Presidency.

Although returning the Executive to the original intent of the Framers – where the office is passive, with little power, and mostly administrative – may at first sight seem desirable, unfortunately the effort is tainted with partisan opportunism rather than good faith, as with the notion to repeal the 17th Amendment.

Indeed, this has noting to do with ‘original intent’ but is a partisan effort by the right to undermine the hated administrative entities which conflicts with its ideology. It’s telling the article notes the EPA, as the High Court recently upheld as Constitutional the Agency’s regulatory authority.

Nothing has actually frightened me about the Republicans until this article. Mental illness in a position of power is not a place this country needs to go.

The GOP has been completely unhinged since Obama took office. Some of it has to do with the GOP perceiving the WH as its ‘birth right,’ that only Patrician republicans are ‘worthy’ to be C-in-C.

New york state with its ,lets use emotion rather than reality towards gas drilling is costing the people billions,the list goes on and on.

True. New York is about to cost itself billions. Pennsylvania has it figured out though. They're gonna capitalize on the Marcellus. I'm flying up there next week to look ar the projections.

they will stop at nothing.

I fear some foreign power is guiding thesse idiots to try and distory our country

Nothing has actually frightened me about the Republicans until this article. Mental illness in a position of power is not a place this country needs to go.

Lemme guess, you're the product of a drunken back-seat grope fest and a broken condom between rdean and Truthmatters? Talk about thinning the gene pool.

:eusa_drool:
She's not even old enough for that, dude.

Government DOES NOT CREATE LASTING JOBS.
Private business creates jobs.
Government needs to GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY, LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE.
And maybe, just maybe I will decide to hire someone.
If I want to.
NO ONE has a right to a job. A job is EARNED.

and yet, you didn't create a job in 8 years of tax cuts for the "job creators".

both government and the private sector create jobs. if the private sector is hoarding cash, as it is now, then government needs to step in.

stop ranting...

you pathetic rightwingnut ideologues haven't gotten it right yet.

Gadawg didn't create any jobs? I am both flabbered and gasted to read this. It is an outrage.

Sarcasm off.

If I want to.

Can you tell me specifically what the government is preventing you from doing?

I'd like to know. Be specific. :eusa_whistle:

Detective Agency:
16 hours of continuing education a year. What a joke that is. $1600 in lost wages and I can not take care of any of my clients' needs during that time.
Mandatory bond in favor of the state lobbied for by the insurance industry and passed.
Mandatory fees for license and employee licensing and mandatory training for employees.
All a joke and fund raiser for government.
Homeland Security mandatory training lobbied for by the security companies that I have to take every year. WTF does private detective have to do with homeland security?
On and on and on.
Government prevents me from working each and every time they mandate private business to pay for or do something.
Called the real world.
Multiply that times three (3) as I own 2 other businesses.
Need more?

This would severely limit the power of the executive branch, since no regulations – such as the Environmental Protection Agency's regulation of greenhouse gases – could become effective without approval from both houses of Congress, a high bar. In this way, congressional Republicans are seeking to bring back to Congress the regulatory powers that have gradually devolved to the executive branch during the past 50 years.

What the GOP would like is to have such a provision apply only to democratic presidents.

Many republican presidents have gleefully wallowed in the mud hole of the Imperial Presidency.

Although returning the Executive to the original intent of the Framers – where the office is passive, with little power, and mostly administrative – may at first sight seem desirable, unfortunately the effort is tainted with partisan opportunism rather than good faith, as with the notion to repeal the 17th Amendment.

Indeed, this has noting to do with ‘original intent’ but is a partisan effort by the right to undermine the hated administrative entities which conflicts with its ideology. It’s telling the article notes the EPA, as the High Court recently upheld as Constitutional the Agency’s regulatory authority.

The GOP has been completely unhinged since Obama took office. Some of it has to do with the GOP perceiving the WH as its ‘birth right,’ that only Patrician republicans are ‘worthy’ to be C-in-C.

you apparently don't read threads posts etc. what? you read the OP and now you are off to the races?

Last edited:
If I want to.

both government and the private sector create jobs. if the private sector is hoarding cash, as it is now, then government needs to step in.

stop ranting...

the gov.'s job is to create an environment as to making the private job creation environment attractive, as to gov creating jobs well, can you please name some of those jobs and I don't mean gov. service jobs, like the post office, you can use that but I wouldn't becasue that just proves the rule in that they are incapable of running anything, even by proxy effectively, on scale with a private entity, I mean jobs that create and multiply wealth..... say manufacturing?

All else is a net negative, its like dept's in private companies that are called non profit centers, they are a drag too, say human resources, security, EHS services.....

and if the private sector is "not creating jobs and hoarding cash" how should the gov. step in?

If I want to.

stop ranting...

the gov.'s job is to create an environment as to making the private job creation environment attractive, as to gov creating jobs well, can you please name some of those jobs and I don't mean gov. service jobs, like the post office, you can use that but I wouldn't becasue that just proves the rule in that they are incapable of running anything, even by proxy effectively, on scale with a private entity, I mean jobs that create and multiply wealth..... say manufacturing?

All else is a net negative, its like dept's in private companies that are called non profit centers, they are a drag too, say human resources, security, EHS services.....

and if the private sector is "not creating jobs and hoarding cash" how should the gov. step in?
I think what she wanted was a new New Deal.

What's wrong with letting the elected reps of the people review edicts put forth by King Obama?

Soggy the prop-o-gandist seem to think the president is wielding King like powers. :lol:Hahahaha:lol: (watch out for his internet blog-snooping Czar:eek:). No way it passes. It's just more political theater to distract the masses. They (GOP) know it can't pass and they don't want it to because in a few years their man may be in the White House and they simple would not want the Congress to have that power.

What can Congress do to create jobs? Five Republican proposals. - REINS Act - CSMonitor.com

1. REINS Act
The signature jobs initiative for Republicans when Congress returns in September is an attempt to pass the REINS Act (Regulation from the Executive In Need of Scrutiny).

The REINS Act would require Congress to approve every major new regulation proposed by the White House before it takes effect. If Congress does not act within 70 days, the rule is void.

Sponsors include Rep. Geoff Davis (R) of Kentucky and Sen. Rand Paul (R) of Kentucky. The bill is endorsed by business groups, including the US Chamber of Commerce, which is launching a summer regulation road show to boost public support.
Sounds like an excellent plan........Let the those who were elected by the PEOPLE scruitinze what an inept fool like our current president may try to ram down our threats.

I'm all for it!

Last edited:

stop ranting...

I think what she wanted was a new New Deal.

you mean 'raw deal'?

What can Congress do to create jobs? Five Republican proposals. - REINS Act - CSMonitor.com

1. REINS Act
The signature jobs initiative for Republicans when Congress returns in September is an attempt to pass the REINS Act (Regulation from the Executive In Need of Scrutiny).

The REINS Act would require Congress to approve every major new regulation proposed by the White House before it takes effect. If Congress does not act within 70 days, the rule is void.

Sponsors include Rep. Geoff Davis (R) of Kentucky and Sen. Rand Paul (R) of Kentucky. The bill is endorsed by business groups, including the US Chamber of Commerce, which is launching a summer regulation road show to boost public support.

Well, I have not read the Details yet, But I will say I have long thought the WH powers through regulations were far to extensive. In the Last few months Obama has sprang new Regulations and Mandates that some say will cost Business 10 Billion a month.

The Executives powers through Regulations must be checked for sure. Not taken away, but certainly limited and reigned in.

As it is right now, Obama is unable to pass Cap and Trade. It is far to unpopular, Yet he can implement most of it by Writing new Regulations with out passing a Law. That is to much Power.

IMO

Last edited:

Soggy the prop-o-gandist seem to think the president is wielding King like powers. :lol:Hahahaha:lol: (watch out for his internet blog-snooping Czar:eek:). No way it passes. It's just more political theater to distract the masses. They (GOP) know it can't pass and they don't want it to because in a few years their man may be in the White House and they simple would not want the Congress to have that power.

Almost Nothing the GOP controlled house Wants to do has a chance of Passing. WTF is your point?

If I want to.

stop ranting...

So, you don't think those Tax Cuts helped save jobs also. Helped business owners stave off lay offs because they had a lil' extra cash on hand to help pay employees because of the cuts?

And, what's wrong with private sector business owners sitting on their cash, when they have zero confidence in this president and administrations ability to lead, thereby holding off on expanding and hiring until a true leader comes forth, or the constant threat of future tax hikes by this lame duck president cease.

Obama is running around constantly demonizing business and it's leaders. What leader worth his/her salt would take the risk of expanding when he/she is under constant threat of class warfare?

Leftwingnut idealogues haven't got a clue as to the damage they are doing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back