They have lost their fucking minds, full stop period.

The world banking industry is collapsing and there is rioting in England and the Boopster is worried that the president might not be able to regulate the air we breathe.

Nothing has actually frightened me about the Republicans until this article. Mental illness in a position of power is not a place this country needs to go.

Lemme guess, you're the product of a drunken back-seat grope fest and a broken condom between rdean and Truthmatters? Talk about thinning the gene pool.

:eusa_drool:

Exactly what is so scary about wanting some checks and Balances? Do you even know what kind of Power the President can Wield through Regulations right now? Why is it less scary to you to have 1 man with that power and no oversight, than it is to have Congress look over and approve what he does?

Nothing has actually frightened me about the Republicans until this article. Mental illness in a position of power is not a place this country needs to go.

Lemme guess, you're the product of a drunken back-seat grope fest and a broken condom between rdean and Truthmatters? Talk about thinning the gene pool.

Exactly what is so scary about wanting some checks and Balances? Do you even know what kind of Power the President can Wield through Regulations right now? Why is it less scary to you to have 1 man with that power and no oversight, than it is to have Congress look over and approve what he does?
It's all politics CM........If this were dem congress members making the same proposal during a repub presidents rein, they would be all for it.

Personally, I think it's an excellent idea regardless of what party holds the WH.

What can Congress do to create jobs? Five Republican proposals. - REINS Act - CSMonitor.com

1. REINS Act
The signature jobs initiative for Republicans when Congress returns in September is an attempt to pass the REINS Act (Regulation from the Executive In Need of Scrutiny).

The REINS Act would require Congress to approve every major new regulation proposed by the White House before it takes effect. If Congress does not act within 70 days, the rule is void.

This would severely limit the power of the executive branch, since no regulations – such as the Environmental Protection Agency's regulation of greenhouse gases – could become effective without approval from both houses of Congress, a high bar. In this way, congressional Republicans are seeking to bring back to Congress the regulatory powers that have gradually devolved to the executive branch during the past 50 years.

Sponsors include Rep. Geoff Davis (R) of Kentucky and Sen. Rand Paul (R) of Kentucky. The bill is endorsed by business groups, including the US Chamber of Commerce, which is launching a summer regulation road show to boost public support.

I like it.

It's all politics CM........If this were dem congress members making the same proposal during a repub presidents rein, they would be all for it.

Personally, I think it's an excellent idea regardless of what party holds the WH.

Me 2, I mean I want to know more Details, But I have thought for as long as I can Remember that the WH powers through Regulations were kinda of contrary to our system of checks and balances. Just seems like they are far to sweeping. Obama's Ability to implement most of Cap and Trade with them, even though he could never pass the law, are proof Positive of that.

name one damn thing that makes you think the true tyrant is not Obama!!and name one thing he has done that has made America better you communist gimmee,gimmee,gimmee liberal DINGBAT!!!!:lol:

Me 2, I mean I want to know more Details, But I have thought for as long as I can Remember that the WH powers through Regulations were kinda of contrary to our system of checks and balances. Just seems like they are far to sweeping. Obama's Ability to implement most of Cap and Trade with them, even though he could never pass the law, are proof Positive of that.
Yep.

name one damn thing that makes you think the true tyrant is not Obama!!and name one thing he has done that has made America better you communist gimmee,gimmee,gimmee liberal DINGBAT!!!!:lol:

Well there was a.........

Then there was a...............

NEVER MIND. :lol:

Obamacare!

Oh wait, it doesn't really matter. That albatross will be shitcanned forthwit come January o' 13.

Never mind.

What can Congress do to create jobs? Five Democratic proposals. - Extend stimulus spending, lite - CSMonitor.com

But liberal Democrats are calling for a program along the lines of the $809 billion stimulus plan that Congress passed in 2009 – only more. Many Democrats still say that their stimulus failed only because it was not robust enough.

Another $809 billion of failed stimulus money? Are you frigging kidding me!!!!!

Screw that shit.

The Republican plans all suck but none as much as bringing the Stimulus money up to $1.6 trillion! You have got to be kidding me! Assholes, that is all that can be said about them.

Immie

This would severely limit the power of the executive branch, since no regulations – such as the Environmental Protection Agency's regulation of greenhouse gases – could become effective without approval from both houses of Congress, a high bar. In this way, congressional Republicans are seeking to bring back to Congress the regulatory powers that have gradually devolved to the executive branch during the past 50 years.

What the GOP would like is to have such a provision apply only to democratic presidents.

Many republican presidents have gleefully wallowed in the mud hole of the Imperial Presidency.

Although returning the Executive to the original intent of the Framers – where the office is passive, with little power, and mostly administrative – may at first sight seem desirable, unfortunately the effort is tainted with partisan opportunism rather than good faith, as with the notion to repeal the 17th Amendment.

Indeed, this has noting to do with ‘original intent’ but is a partisan effort by the right to undermine the hated administrative entities which conflicts with its ideology. It’s telling the article notes the EPA, as the High Court recently upheld as Constitutional the Agency’s regulatory authority.

The GOP has been completely unhinged since Obama took office. Some of it has to do with the GOP perceiving the WH as its ‘birth right,’ that only Patrician republicans are ‘worthy’ to be C-in-C.

What the GOP would like is to have such a provision apply only to democratic presidents.

I thought the same thing wondering if maybe it expired in either 2013 or 2017. They can always push to extend it if a Democratic candidate happens to win those elections.

Immie

Last edited:
What can Congress do to create jobs? Five Democratic proposals. - Extend stimulus spending, lite - CSMonitor.com

But liberal Democrats are calling for a program along the lines of the $809 billion stimulus plan that Congress passed in 2009 – only more. Many Democrats still say that their stimulus failed only because it was not robust enough.

Another $809 billion of failed stimulus money? Are you frigging kidding me!!!!!

Screw that shit.

The Republican plans all suck but none as much as bringing the Stimulus money up to $1.6 trillion! You have got to be kidding me! Assholes, that is all that can be said about them.

Immie

yes, its interesting to me how one sect of the political populace doesn't even acknowledge that we wills till in 10 years add 6.5 trillion to the debt. IN effect we are still spending money we don't have, this somehow equals cutting the floor out from under the 'people'.....and remember when obama enacted his spending his projections were based on very rosy 4 and 4.5% gdp growth....

SOMEONE has lost their mids, for sure.

Dimbulbs' answer for everything is to throw money at it.
From your link:

liberal Democrats are calling for a program along the lines of the $809 billion stimulus plan that Congress passed in 2009 – only more. Many Democrats still say that their stimulus failed only because it was not robust enough.

Which one of you nit-wits was it that made the remark about setting out to destroy the country?

How in the FUCK can you think that spending money right now is a marvelous plan??

Many republican presidents have gleefully wallowed in the mud hole of the Imperial Presidency.

Although returning the Executive to the original intent of the Framers – where the office is passive, with little power, and mostly administrative – may at first sight seem desirable, unfortunately the effort is tainted with partisan opportunism rather than good faith, as with the notion to repeal the 17th Amendment.

Indeed, this has noting to do with ‘original intent’ but is a partisan effort by the right to undermine the hated administrative entities which conflicts with its ideology. It’s telling the article notes the EPA, as the High Court recently upheld as Constitutional the Agency’s regulatory authority.

The GOP has been completely unhinged since Obama took office. Some of it has to do with the GOP perceiving the WH as its ‘birth right,’ that only Patrician republicans are ‘worthy’ to be C-in-C.

I thought the same thing wondering if maybe it expired in either 2013 or 2017.

Immie

as I said on post #36 I think it was, obama himself signed an exec. order requiring folks like, the EPA to do cost benefits analysis before enacting rules regs etc. then in April they admitted they had not been doing it, this bill etc. is all based on the same argument that ostensibly Obama himself intended to address for the sake of...wait for it....JOBS;).

What can Congress do to create jobs? Five Republican proposals. - REINS Act - CSMonitor.com

1. REINS Act
The signature jobs initiative for Republicans when Congress returns in September is an attempt to pass the REINS Act (Regulation from the Executive In Need of Scrutiny).

The REINS Act would require Congress to approve every major new regulation proposed by the White House before it takes effect. If Congress does not act within 70 days, the rule is void.

Sponsors include Rep. Geoff Davis (R) of Kentucky and Sen. Rand Paul (R) of Kentucky. The bill is endorsed by business groups, including the US Chamber of Commerce, which is launching a summer regulation road show to boost public support.

freaking loons...

where are all the pretend constitutionalists talking about congress trying to usurp the power of the executive ... in violation of the constitution?

hmmmmmmm?? :eusa_whistle:

Freaking idiOt...
Missed the highlighted part, dint ya?

It's not "usurping" when one is "regaining" authority.

:cuckoo:

1. REINS Act

Cool!!! More must be done to limit the power of the Executive Branch.
Quite frankly, the White House has too many outs to circumvent the Congress.

Forum List

Back